The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Must Try This Asap!!!

ok well my mom showed me the easiest way to make an omelet,,, you take a heavy duty zip lock bag (ie the freezer bags work best) take your eggs, whisk them and put them in the bag....add your meats, veggies, cheeses and whatever else you want....shake it up all in the bag real well and then put the bag in a pot of boiling water for 10-13 minutes....open the bag and PLOP you got a perfect omelet!!! i didnt believe it at first but it works!!!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Personally I wouldn't eat from food boiled in a plastic bag but that's just me.

Yeah, I kinda agree with BF. Wouldn't want any plastic in my food.

Wannabebig Member
    i understand where ur coming from but you can see and taste that the plastic stays completely intact...but hey to each his own!

It works better with a mason jar

Quote Originally Posted by Gfed View Post
    i understand where ur coming from but you can see and taste that the plastic stays completely intact...but hey to each his own!
    Lol you can see the molecules? You must be on acid. And you can't taste it either.

Its not about the plastic it's about what the plastics are treated with that are the main concern. They are perfectly safe but heating to such temperatures compromises mechanical strength of the polymer plastic and as well everything attached to it.

We talked a great deal about this in class with my polymer prof. I would trust her in this regard as this is what she has studied with her entire life.

And I agree fully as well. Low density polyethylene (LDPE) is what those bags are made of. This material is stable at 80 degrees C for extended periods of time, but at boiling temperatures (even a bit lower), the plastic won't withstand the heat for much time. Your talking about boiling temperature and higher... for 12-15 min. When the mechanical strength fails everything that the plastic was treated with will be in your food.

I'm not trying to be an *******, but this is very sound advice. Because you cant see/smell it doesn't mean it's not there. Carbon monoxide doesn't have a smell, colour, or taste and it kills you .

Read the Stickies! whiteman90909's Avatar
    That's what we do when camping so there's no cleanup, but I'm sure a small metal bowl submerged in the water would work just as well.

Wannabebig Member
    Sounded like a good idea until BF gave a detailed explanation. With this method, there probably isn't much smell from the cooking as compared to a standard way of making an omelet.
    Last edited by Kella; 01-20-2009 at 10:16 PM.

If you don't believe me, set the heat on the stove to the minimum heat required to boil some water (this could take time to find the minimum). Than toss on a bag and watch the glory

Wannabebig Member
    Hey BF you should change your name to Bill Nye!!....well i guess im gunna have to have a talk with my mom and see why shes tryen to poisen me!!!

Banned
    That's actually a pretty cool idea, minus the cancer.

If you use a glass container you would be perfectly fine... the melting point for glass is something like a thousand degrees C (your basically trying to melt sand lol).

I could make 10 omelettes in a skillet in the time it would take you to boil your water.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    If you use a glass container you would be perfectly fine... the melting point for glass is something like a thousand degrees C (your basically trying to melt sand lol).
    Glass is a good idea. I don't like how everyone microwaves, boils, etc. plastic bags and containers.

Wannabebig New Member
    Sounds interesting. The is the most interesting way of preparing your omelet. That's no doubt about it.

Reminds me of military duty. On long marches, lots of the guys would put powdered soup mixes in ziplocs with some water inside their coats next to their bodies. Bodyheat+dry soup mix+marching your ass off=soup.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

Wannabebig Member
    cool idea

I've done it and can taste the plastic though after years in the kitchen I have a pretty well developed palette. A glass container would work better. I saw someone mention a mason jar.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

wow.

learn to cook in a pan.
    Don't pick on the weak, its immoral... Never antagonise the strong, its stupid

5'11 190lbs

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    wow.

learn to cook in a pan.
    Haha what Rodzilla said..

Wannabebig Member
    couldn't hurt to try it once