The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Pendlay Row

Wannabebig Member

Pendlay Row

how much knee bend should you have in these? ive been doing them for a few weeks and making sure i stay at 90 degrees, but my quads are almost touching the lower part of my stomach, and im wondering if that should be the case?

i know you probably cant help me that much since i dont have the means to make a video of my form, but does anyone know where i could find a video of the proper form, ive watched like 40 videos claiming to be correct and they are all completely different...lol

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    As long as your back is arched and you row the bar from the floor, there shouldn't be a problem. Perhaps you need to work on your flexibility so you could bend over, reach the bar without having to bend your knees so much.

Legs should be straight. As mentioned above arch your back and push your chest out just like the bench, squat, and DL. The bar should fairly naturally come up just below your sternum. I just started doing this and it hits my back so much better than when I used to have a rounded back.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymenocerous View Post
    how much knee bend should you have in these? ive been doing them for a few weeks and making sure i stay at 90 degrees, but my quads are almost touching the lower part of my stomach, and im wondering if that should be the case?
    Don't worry about it. As long as you're not getting too upright, and you're feeling the lift in your entire back (particularly the lats), and you're protecting your lower back while doing so, you're doing just fine.

And don't listen to people telling you to do bent rows with your legs "straight". You want some knee bend so you can sit back and use your hips and hamstrings to support and protect your lower back while you row big weights. Your hips serve as a counterweight to the barbell while doing these.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad08 View Post
    And don't listen to people telling you to do bent rows with your legs "straight". You want some knee bend so you can sit back and use your hips and hamstrings to support and protect your lower back while you row big weights. Your hips serve as a counterweight to the barbell while doing these.
    Yes, this. ^^

I definitely was too generic in my use of straight. Definitely want some knee bend there as you'd likely tip forward w/out it. When you said your belly was touching your quads I picture your legs being bent too much and was suggesting to try to straighten them up more. Otherwise it would seem to get in the way of the bar path.

큰남자/Kun Namja
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad08 View Post
    Great description.
    Just cuz I'm a teacher, don't mean I'm a pussy.

Currently wrapping up The Eternal Cut.