Thread: "endomorph" wants to start program.

Wannabebig New Member

"endomorph" wants to start program.

Ok, let me begin by describing myself. I'm a 22 year old, 5'8" male (sorry about the height, but it's genetics. I'm actually the tallest person in my family!)

I wanted to get into bodybuilding for a long time but I decided to wait until my growth is over. (how do I know it's over? Aside from my age, I took an x-ray of my knee caps and the doctor told me my growth plates are 100% closed).

Now, I used to be 81kg (178.5 lb) with little muscle mass. I started my training 6 weeks ago by doing aerobic exercise (running 2-3 km nonstop every night, which was very hard at first but now it's a breeze). Four days ago, I decided to cut back on fat and I managed to lose 9lb by today. I'll probably lose at least another 10lb during the next week. My goal for doing this is to lose all the excess fat before starting bodybuilding. You can tell I'm very serious about this.

I'm the kind of guy who gains fat easily but not muscle. I understand the basic theory of bodybuilding - bulk for a while, then trim for a while - but after 22 years of knowing my body I'm pretty confident that I will only gain a little muscle during bulking, and probably burn it all away during trimming. How can I beat this cycle?

I want to do bodybuilding as naturally as possible. Steroids/drugs: definitely no, Creatine: only maybe. I don't care if it takes a long time. I'm aiming for a 'good' look only with pronounced muscles; I don't want to be Mr. Olympia.

Also, what kind of training should I do? Since I'm going to be working out 6 days a week, i think a full workout every night is perhaps too much.

The reason I'm asking about all of this is that where I live, there are very few expert trainers. Most of them have obsolete beliefs like '2x workout, 2x gain' and stuff. Besides, with a little knowledge I don't think there's anything a trainer can do for me that I can't do for myself.

Wannabebig New Member
    Crap. I wrote out the wrong figures for weight loss. I lost 4lb in 9 days, not 9lb in 4 days. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebigguy View Post
    Ok, let me begin by describing myself. I'm a 22 year old, 5'8" male (sorry about the height, but it's genetics. I'm actually the tallest person in my family!)

What's wrong with your height? I'm only 5'7?

I wanted to get into bodybuilding for a long time but I decided to wait until my growth is over. (how do I know it's over? Aside from my age, I took an x-ray of my knee caps and the doctor told me my growth plates are 100% closed).

Now, I used to be 81kg (178.5 lb) with little muscle mass. I started my training 6 weeks ago by doing aerobic exercise (running 2-3 km nonstop every night, which was very hard at first but now it's a breeze). Four days ago, I decided to cut back on fat and I managed to lose 9lb by today. I'll probably lose at least another 10lb during the next week. My goal for doing this is to lose all the excess fat before starting bodybuilding. You can tell I'm very serious about this.

The inital 9 lbs was probably water, there's no way to lose 10 lbs a week. Id aim for .5 - 1.5 lbs a week.

I'm the kind of guy who gains fat easily but not muscle. I understand the basic theory of bodybuilding - bulk for a while, then trim for a while - but after 22 years of knowing my body I'm pretty confident that I will only gain a little muscle during bulking, and probably burn it all away during trimming. How can I beat this cycle?

I think you're making this to black and white. If you control your caloric intake you'd be surprised at how effectly you can control weight gain. If you're confident that you can only gain small amounts of muscle during a bulk
    then that's what's going to happen.

I want to do bodybuilding as naturally as possible. Steroids/drugs: definitely no, Creatine: only maybe. I don't care if it takes a long time. I'm aiming for a 'good' look only with pronounced muscles; I don't want to be Mr. Olympia.

The only supplement you need is food. You're not going to wake up one day and be like "Oh damn I put on too much muscle". It takes years and years of dedication to get "the good look" most people wants.

Also, what kind of training should I do? Since I'm going to be working out 6 days a week, i think a full workout every night is perhaps too much.

SEARCH: WBB 1.1, Starting Strength

The reason I'm asking about all of this is that where I live, there are very few expert trainers. Most of them have obsolete beliefs like '2x workout, 2x gain' and stuff. Besides, with a little knowledge I don't think there's anything a trainer can do for me that I can't do for myself.
    Do yourself a favor and educate yourself on this topic if you're serious about this. There is so much information on this site take about an hour and read. Read the stickies at the top of the page; read the numerous posts by other people.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal