The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 130
  1. #26
    Senior Member danmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Persicutor View Post
    Did more of a bodybuilding style workout today with light weight just to get back into benching and stuff.

    Bench (pinky's on ring):
    135x5
    155x5
    165x4 (x2)
    155x5

    Couldve done a more reps and weight but no spotter and going lighter made my shoulders feel better.

    DB OH Press:

    65x5 (felt heavy)
    50x10 (touching shoulders)
    50x8

    BB Rows:
    135x8
    155x8 (x3)

    H-Roll:
    20x15
    25x10
    25x8

    One set of DB Curls 50x6 then did some pushups.
    Finally a bench workout. Keep it going!
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

  2. #27
    Senior Member danmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    599
    You guys down to 1 day a week workouts now or what?
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Haha no, I came down with the flu on Monday and I'm still a little sick. Hopefully I'll be good to go next week.
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  4. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Feeling better today. Got my shipment of red bands (mini's) and decided to use them.

    Deadlift (w/ bands)

    135x5
    225x3
    315x3
    405x3
    405x2

    Felt pretty heavy at the top. I'm guessing it added 50-70 lbs but im not sure. Anyways it was a lot of fun using the bands and I had quite the set-up in the gym...took up some room and used 4 heavy dumbbells.

    BW Chins:

    BWx14
    BWx8
    BWx5

    Haven't done them in months. Felt good but I was weak. Had to leave for work after.
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  5. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Long workout today. Felt pretty good.

    Bench:

    135x5
    155x5
    175x3 (x4)

    Tricep Pushdown:

    50x15
    60x10 (x2)
    50x10

    DB Rows:

    80x9
    80x8
    75x8
    75x9

    DB Curls:

    40x11
    40x8

    Side Laterals:

    20x10 (x4)
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  6. #31
    Senior Member danmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    599
    You did a bench workout!!!!!
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

  7. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Haha I know eh. I think at one point I had more sick days than bench days in this journal haha. Anyways I felt so weak on bench I need to get back into it. My first 175 set felt like a ton b/c I forgot about leg drive but the other 3 were easy so I'll add some more weight next week. Shoulders didn't sound too bad today either.
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  8. #33
    Senior Member danmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Persicutor View Post
    Haha I know eh. I think at one point I had more sick days than bench days in this journal haha. Anyways I felt so weak on bench I need to get back into it. My first 175 set felt like a ton b/c I forgot about leg drive but the other 3 were easy so I'll add some more weight next week. Shoulders didn't sound too bad today either.
    Let me know when you want to work on some form and set up.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

  9. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Squat:

    135x5
    185x3
    225x3
    275x1
    315x2 (easy)
    315x2 (last rep slow)
    295x2

    DB OH Press (below parallel):

    60x7 (x3)

    H-Rolls:

    25x10 (x4)

    Pullups:

    BWx10 (gonna do a few sets next workout)
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  10. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by danmac View Post
    Let me know when you want to work on some form and set up.
    I think I'll make a trip to the Y in a few weeks once i get my set of green bands to do reverse band deadlift. The school gym doesn't have a power rack to hook up the bands so I can't do them there. Plus I can try to get my bench form down too.
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  11. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Deadlift:

    135x5
    225x4
    315x3
    405x1
    455x3 (PR! could of got one more rep but saved some energy for last set)
    455x2

    DB Rows:

    85x8 (x2) PR
    85x6

    Pullups:

    BWx10
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  12. #37
    Senior Member danmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Persicutor View Post
    Deadlift:

    135x5
    225x4
    315x3
    405x1
    455x3 (PR! could of got one more rep but saved some energy for last set)
    455x2

    DB Rows:

    85x8 (x2) PR
    85x6

    Pullups:

    BWx10
    Thats a real impressive triple. Your back must be fried!
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

  13. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Yea my whole body is extremely sore from last workout. I hit the gym today but everything was sore except my chest and tris.

    Bench:

    135x5
    155x3
    185x3
    185x3
    185x3
    155x8

    My right shoulder felt very unstable and I was not happy with my form on some of the sets.

    Tri Pushdowns:

    55x15
    70x12
    70x12
    70x8
    Last edited by Persicutor; 06-20-2009 at 04:29 PM.
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  14. #39
    Senior Member danmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Persicutor View Post
    Yea my whole body is extremely sore from last workout. I hit the gym today but everything was sore except my chest and tris.

    Bench:

    135x5
    155x3
    185x3
    185x3
    185x3
    155x8

    My right shoulder felt very unstable and I was not happy with my form on some of the sets.

    Tri Pushdowns:

    55x15
    70x12
    70x12
    70x8
    At least you are doing a little bench work now a days. Its good to see.

    Also, i need a knee wrap man for the july meet. I dont know if you or your bro are competing, if you are you better register asap. Either way, i need to get some squat practice in soon with the person who will help me wrap. That could be you if you play your cards right haha.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

  15. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by danmac View Post
    At least you are doing a little bench work now a days. Its good to see.

    Also, i need a knee wrap man for the july meet. I dont know if you or your bro are competing, if you are you better register asap. Either way, i need to get some squat practice in soon with the person who will help me wrap. That could be you if you play your cards right haha.
    Yea I'm starting to bench again but it feels terrible so I need to work on it. And I don't plan on competing until I have a half decent bench. Unfortunately I have summer school all of July/August so I will be missing out on a great opportunity to wrap your knees haha. I'm thinking not this week but the next we could do some reverse band deadlifts at the Y, if its not too close to your meet.
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  16. #41
    Senior Member danmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Persicutor View Post
    Yea I'm starting to bench again but it feels terrible so I need to work on it. And I don't plan on competing until I have a half decent bench. Unfortunately I have summer school all of July/August so I will be missing out on a great opportunity to wrap your knees haha. I'm thinking not this week but the next we could do some reverse band deadlifts at the Y, if its not too close to your meet.
    Sure, next wednesday? I am sitting down with curd to figure out how i should be training the next 4 weeks. I got a shirt too so i am going to try to learn that, and maybe take a raw opener and then go for broke in the shirt. like 405 or something dumb.

    We will also work on your bench when you come haha.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

  17. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Rackpulls:

    135x5
    225x5
    315x3
    405x2
    495x1
    545x1

    Deficit Deads:

    225x3
    315x2
    405x1
    435x1

    Pullups:

    BWx10 (x2)

    DB Curls:

    45x10
    45x10
    50x7
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  18. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Reverse Band Deadlifts (green average bands):

    135x3
    225x3
    315x2
    405x2
    495x1
    545x1
    585x1

    First time doing reverse band deads...felt awesome. Here is the 585 lb lift:

    Video


    Speed pulls with reverse bands (60 second breaks):

    405x1
    405x1
    405x1
    405x1
    405x1

    DB Rows:

    70x8
    90x7
    85x8
    70x7

    Hypers (w/ Red Bands):

    BWx8 (x4)

    Did like 2 sets of chinups and tried ghetto glute ham raises with red bands but didnt work out too well.
    Last edited by Persicutor; 06-29-2009 at 03:07 PM.
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  19. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    Pin presses (elbows 90 degress):

    185x6 (x3)

    Rolling DB Extensions:

    25x8
    35x8 (x2)

    Exhausted from Canada Day and 6 hours of summer school so it was a ****ty workout.

    Squats:


    135x5
    185x3
    225x2
    275x2
    315x2 (barely)

    Speed Squats (off box):

    185x3
    185x3

    These were supposed to be speed squats but they turned out to be super slow.
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  20. #45
    Senior Member danmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Persicutor View Post
    Pin presses (elbows 90 degress):

    185x6 (x3)

    Rolling DB Extensions:

    25x8
    35x8 (x2)

    Exhausted from Canada Day and 6 hours of summer school so it was a ****ty workout.

    Squats:


    135x5
    185x3
    225x2
    275x2
    315x2 (barely)

    Speed Squats (off box):

    185x3
    185x3

    These were supposed to be speed squats but they turned out to be super slow.
    Yeah those speed squats are way to heavy.

    Why the rack lockouts for reps?
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

  21. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    The rack lockouts were meant as a tri exercise rather than working on my lockout. They worked pretty well but they're a little hard on the elbows so I might stick with the rolling DB extensions and another exercise instead.
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  22. #47
    Senior Member danmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Persicutor View Post
    The rack lockouts were meant as a tri exercise rather than working on my lockout. They worked pretty well but they're a little hard on the elbows so I might stick with the rolling DB extensions and another exercise instead.
    yeah man, im not a fan really. Why not hit some boards? Maybe some db floor press.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

  23. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    I didn't get anything out of boards when I used them so I'm gonna stick with some other tri exercises.

    Bench:

    135x8
    155x5
    175x4
    185x3
    185x3

    Chins:

    +25x10
    +25x7
    +25x5 (pullups)

    Rolling DB Extension:

    35x10
    40x8
    40x8

    Pushdowns:

    60x12
    60x12
    60x12
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

  24. #49
    Senior Member danmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Persicutor View Post
    I didn't get anything out of boards when I used them so I'm gonna stick with some other tri exercises.

    Bench:

    135x8
    155x5
    175x4
    185x3
    185x3

    Chins:

    +25x10
    +25x7
    +25x5 (pullups)

    Rolling DB Extension:

    35x10
    40x8
    40x8

    Pushdowns:

    60x12
    60x12
    60x12
    Didn't you use boards only twice, non sequentially. Give them a chance, your lockout needs work and thats how to do it.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

  25. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119
    My whole bench needs work not just my lockout haha but I see your point. I'm gonna keep focusing on bench and tri work.

    Deadlifts:

    135x5
    225x3
    315x2
    405x1
    475x2 PR (my floor speed is great but my lockout needs work)

    DB Rows:

    80x8
    90x8
    90x7

    DB Curls:

    45x10
    45x7
    40x8

    H-Rolls:

    20x12
    25x10
    Stats:
    Bench: 220
    Squat: 350
    Deadlift: 555
    Total: 1125

Similar Threads

  1. Pro Journal - CR's Powerlifting Journal
    By Chris Rodgers in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 3812
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 03:06 PM
  2. GrumpyTX Journal
    By GrumpyTX in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-28-2006, 10:04 AM
  3. MonStar's Journal
    By MonStar in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 12:52 AM
  4. My Journal: "The Summer of Gettin' Jacked..."
    By OiBoy in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2002, 07:45 PM
  5. MonStar1023 NHE + HST Journal
    By MonStar1023 in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 03-09-2002, 08:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •