The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: my routine

Wannabebig Member

my routine

Just wanted to see if anybody sees any major holes in my routine.... I've been doing this for just about a month and really like it so far.... kicks my ass and I feel like I'm making progress

4 day split

Sunday
    Legs -
    4 sets squats
    2 sets leg extensions
    2 sets leg curls
    2 sets leg press
    Chest -
    3 sets flat bench
    3 sets decline bench
    4 sets dumbell press slight incline
    Triceps
    4 sets tricep extensions
    30 minutes walk uphill (8% incline, 4 mph)

Monday
    Back -
    3 sets pullups (palms facing away)
    3 sets pullups (palms facing each other)
    4 sets rows
    Shoulders -
    4 sets military press
    3 sets standing db flies
    3 sets front raises (arms straight out)
    Biceps -
    4 sets db curls
    30 minutes walk uphill (8% incline, 4 mph)

Tuesday - OFF

Wednesday - repeat sunday

Thursday - Repeat monday

Friday - OFF

Saturday - OFF

The days change according to my schedule but I get the 4 days in one way or another.

thanks
    Last edited by pokeskickazzzz; 04-23-2009 at 11:18 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

what are your goals?
    you're doing a lot of sets in one day. and on top of that, you're not giving your body enough time to rest between work days.
    Last edited by nockits; 04-23-2009 at 11:36 AM.
    Check out my Journal!

Quote Originally Posted by Skalami View Post
    I just give the worked on muscle group tough riddles before my workouts... or sometimes I'll tell them we're going to the park and then go to the gym, or visa versa. They start to catch on so you have to tell the truth every so often.
    *While on the topic of muscle confusion, and how often a routine needs to be changed.*

Wannabebig Member
    I'm really looking to retain (gain a little muscle) muscle and lose a lot of fat.... I'm pretty satisfied with muscle as I've been lifting for years but even after losing 25 lbs I've still got a gut that looks like a spare tire all the way around...

I used to want to get as big as I can but have changed focus to wanting a more athletic physique..... low body fat with decent amount of muscle

when I do less than what I have above I feel like I'm being lazy... but doing all of that above seems to leave me in a perpetual state of being sore/stiff

if any of that makes sense lol
    Last edited by pokeskickazzzz; 04-23-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    another note.... I have pretty well defined legs, chest, arms, shoulders, back... but really flabby gut and sides that never seem to go away.... maybe partly genetics?

Alright, I've said this before, and I'll say it again. You're going to either have to bulk, or cut. Doing both is very hard.
    Lets start with the routine. That much work 4 times a week is overtraining IMO. You may feel like you're not doing enough, but you are. Look up one of the premade routines posted on this site, such as Baby Got Back, or Wanna Be Big 1.1, etc, those are great for getting into that athletic physique. If you feel it necessary, you may add about 20 minutes of low intensity cardio to the end of the workout to burn off a few extra calories.
    Now to your diet. Simple rule, if you want to bulk, you eat more than your maintenance level. If you want to cut, you eat less. Your diet is the key to weight gain/loss. Keep in mind, if you're going to cut, you will lose some strength, don't be surprised if the numbers you lift don't increase.
    Depending on how much you eat now, decrease you calorie intake by 500-1000. Eat healthy, organic foods, a clean diet (no junk food, pop, pastas, etc.).
    As you should know by now after lifting 2 years, muscle gains and fat losses take time, don't rush it, stay dedicated, and you'll start seeing those results!
    Check out my Journal!

I just give the worked on muscle group tough riddles before my workouts... or sometimes I'll tell them we're going to the park and then go to the gym, or visa versa. They start to catch on so you have to tell the truth every so often.
    *While on the topic of muscle confusion, and how often a routine needs to be changed.*

Wannabebig Member
    thanks for bringing me back to reality.... I'm easily frustrated when I don't get the results I want immediately.... I know it takes time but it's hard to convince myself of that lol

diet's always been a problem too but I've been systematically getting better at it... and it has helped as over the last 3 years I've managed to slowly lose 30 lbs down to where I'm at now with no ups and downs
    Last edited by pokeskickazzzz; 04-23-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeskickazzzz View Post
    thanks for bringing me back to reality.... I'm easily frustrated when I don't get the results I want immediately.... I know it takes time but it's hard to convince myself of that lol

diet's always been a problem too but I've been systematically getting better at it... and it has helped as over the last 3 years I've managed to slowly lose 30 lbs down to where I'm at now with no ups and downs
    sounds good! keep at it! the more effort you put into it, the more it's gonna show!
    Check out my Journal!