Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Close grip bench pressing

hahahah

Latman is an A-hole, but he does know alot about training. He is right, there are no inner pecs. No one cares about your stupid pics, most people are here to learn, i dont give a crap what anyone here looks like.
    my other favorite forum! Check it out!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/

superlog is stoopid.

how can you train the inner pecs if they are the very same fibers as the outer pecs? would you like, have one part of the fibre be stronger than the other? so one end pulls the other apart lol.

but hey the point of this thread- HOW wide do i grip on regular bench press?

i checked and theres no rings or such on my barb.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Originally posted by the_hall
    hahahah

Latman is an A-hole, but he does know alot about training. He is right, there are no inner pecs. No one cares about your stupid pics, most people are here to learn, i dont give a crap what anyone here looks like.

Thanks for the back-up assface!

Reinier- is it an Olympic bar(45 lbs)?
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

dunno. its 20k i know that.
    (44 lbs or so)
    its like standard european not standard us.
    theres no rings anyway.
    I tried a some wider grip than before this morning and found i was weaker that way. sounds wrong doesn`t it?
    it felt like i was kinda stretching the pecs at the bottom of the movement or something

Super Log do some more reading.
    Belail and Latty are correct.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Wannabebig Member
    When i say inner pecs, they are not a seperate muscle .you are hitting the pecs at a different angle.You all have misunderstood my original post.So lets give it a rest and pay homage to the latman.He,s the man.Bye the way guys since you are so smart, do bent over rows stimulate your spinal erectors or rhomboids?
    Answer?
    Remember when you where 15yrs old you knew it all .
    "Howd ya like to pick up your teeth with broken fingers chicken neck"
    Kidden Ehhhhhhh

Originally posted by superlog
    When i say inner pecs, they are not a seperate muscle .you are hitting the pecs at a different angle.You all have misunderstood my original post.So lets give it a rest and pay homage to the latman.He,s the man.Bye the way guys since you are so smart, do bent over rows stimulate your spinal erectors or rhomboids?
    Answer?
    Remember when you where 15yrs old you knew it all .
    *** Bent over rows will stimulate the rhomboids. They will stimulate the rhomboids to a greater degree if you retract the shoulder blades. Most people pull with the arms, if you keep the tempo controlled and use your shoulder retractors then the rhombois, and the middle and lower fibres of the traps among other muscles will be sufficiently stimulated.
    As for the errectors, they will be stimulatd but only through a static (isometric) action. They are acting to stabilize the spine during this movement.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Wannabebig Member
    belail I think I got your name right .I am not arrogant or conceited.
    Your bro came off as real arrogant and know it all.He shot me down without understanding my original post .yes there are no inner pecs muscles but ,do close grip prenches for many sets elbows in and see where you are sore.Nuff said.grip width plays an important part on how a muscle is developed.I never meant to piss anyone off, latman started this flame and 2 others.
    No disrespect.
    Kidden Ehhhhhhh

That feeling is tendon soreness.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Originally posted by LATMAN
    If you're still learning here's a tip: Never, ever, ever say the inner pecs again.

Check out a picture on the anatomy of the human body and find me the inner pec and it's functions.

Pec major
    Pec minor

That is all.

This was far from a flame. I was tryin to help somebody out who seemed to be misinformed. It's too bad that 100% proven scientific fct means nothing to some people.

PS- If I do a bunch of close grip presses I'll feel them in my triceps, which is exactly why I'd be doing the movement.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Superlog - Grip width plays no real part in how a muscle is developed shapewise. Grip width/style can determine to what degree the muscle is being worked, therefore potentially affecting overall development, but in no way are, for example, wide-grip BP's going to make your chest wider.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking that because you have been sucessful in developing muscle, that you are actually aware of the underlying physiology behind that process. I think that's why you pissed some people off. Besides if Latman put up his pics and you saw that he had better development than yourself, does that make him correct? Come on, he's right because he's right. Trying to question his physique or his Powerlifting record is just not a way to make friends.
    Last edited by MarshallPenn; 04-21-2002 at 12:02 AM.

I thought doing bentover rows with an underhand grip hit my lats?

If they dont hit my lats I am going to stop doing them.

its not an isolation movement. they will hit lats, rhomboids and other muscles.

but how much will they hit my lats? in comparison to lets say chins or lat pulldowns.

Wannabebig Member
    who says latman is right or I am right for that matter.You can study muscle anatomy all ya want but I know what works for me .By the way grip width plays an important part in how much you can lift?
    Kidden Ehhhhhhh

I say Latman's right.

You can study muscle anatomy all right, but if you're contradicting a known and observable fact, thats still stupid.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock