The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Muscle confusion overrated?

So I like to browse BB.com for ****s and giggles. And if something interesting comes up and I want REAL information, I come here

So, is muscle confusion overrated? Say I'm on a routine for a year but I'm on a crappy diet. I end up plateauing. If I started to eat MORE, my lifts go up, yes? Weight moves weight?

The reason I'm asking is I have a really nice routine going which I like and it kicks my ass but I don't want to switch it up. I don't like change
    So. Is this whole, "change routine every couple months" idea the real deal?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

There was a thread on this recently. It is exaggerated. You don't need a drastic change like switching to a new routine completely. Eating a bit more, or changing up the rep/set scheme temporarily, or even deloading or taking a week off is all one needs. Small changes make a difference.
    Check out my Journal!

Quote Originally Posted by Skalami View Post
    I just give the worked on muscle group tough riddles before my workouts... or sometimes I'll tell them we're going to the park and then go to the gym, or visa versa. They start to catch on so you have to tell the truth every so often.
    *While on the topic of muscle confusion, and how often a routine needs to be changed.*

Yup, nockits hit it on the head. Changing up sets/reps is enough to change up a routine.

I change my routines more often because I'm the type of person who gets bored doing the same thing for weeks on weeks, but my reasoning has nothing to do with muscle confusion
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method