The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight

Fight

I know this may be the wrong board with the wrong people, but do any of you have any fighting experience? Some kid wants to throw down, and I'm ready to kill him. Just any tips?
    HEIGHT: 5'9 1/2
    WEIGHT: 176
    BENCH MAX: 255
    SQUAT MAX: 445
    POWER CLEAN MAX: 205
    PUSH PRESS MAX: 205
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=120619
    My journal.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Yeah....Don't fight.

Unless there's money riding on it.

Just kidding. I've been in a few in my day, and it's really not worth it. He'll (it is a he, right?) probably puss out anyways. Fights that actually happen are almost always spur of the moment.

And finally, if you still really feel like fighting...Join the UFC.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

If he wants to throw down, chances are he's trying to piss you off to provoke you so that you attack first, otherwise he would have hit you by now if this has been an ongoing thing. Chances are he's doing this and hoping that nothing happens from this.

Ignore it. Play it off like he's a gnat. If he takes a swing, do what you have to do. But don't be the guy to throw the first punch.
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Quote Originally Posted by AKMass View Post
    Yeah....Don't fight.

Unless there's money riding on it.

Just kidding. I've been in a few in my day, and it's really not worth it. He'll (it is a he, right?) probably puss out anyways. Fights that actually happen are almost always spur of the moment.

And finally, if you still really feel like fighting...Join the UFC.
    C'mon man, don't you remember highschool? Two guys would decide to fight and by lunch the entire school knew where to meet for the main event.

Hey buddy, DON'T FIGHT him. It's not really as cool as you might think it is.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    i disagree, why tolerate being bullied? put him down. it will make things a lot easier, especially if you can avoid being caught fighting.
    because he's better than that, hopefully.

What does fighting prove? Yeah, you're cool. Now you have a mark on your record that colleges will see and be something that could lose you a tiebreaker position at their school.

Or perhaps if he does fight and establishes himself, other kids will want to challenge him because they want to be the alpha dog.

Going after some fool that can't learn to keep his mouth shut isn't smart. In the end he'll get what's coming to him. Someone will close his mouth for him. Why does it have to be you? Seriously. There's too much bad that can come of fighting and very little good.

You become cool in high school for it? Great. What happens when you get to college? No one gives a **** who's ass you kicked in high school.

Like I said, if he throws a punch, impose your will if that's what you want to do. No one can blame you for that. But otherwise, I'd ignore the whole thing and act as if he's not bothering you, even if he is.

Homedude wants attention. Why give it to him?
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

It's just a constant gnag. 2 years now. Him constantly thinking he's big when he's 2 inches smaller, and just a wrestler. It's too much, he took it too far, he planned it, he wants it. He's just egged me too far.
    My journal.

He planned it?

That doesn't seem stupid to you? It's like a pay-per-view.

When you plan a fight, chances are you want no part of it. Otherwise, it would just happen. It's just bull**** drama.

I'm not sure what him being a wrestler has to do with anything either. It sounds like this beef is semi-petty to me.

Do what you need to do.

But don't forget what happens if you get the crap kicked out of you. It's the opposite of the Alpha Dog thing. But, I'm sure you can take him, I don't doubt that. Just think of every possible scenario. And if all the risk seems fine to you, go for it, wipe the floor with him, feel better for awhile until you're suspended and you get in some kind of **** at home and gloat in the glory of winning a fight.
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Quote Originally Posted by cwoodrb105 View Post
    It's just a constant gnag. 2 years now. Him constantly thinking he's big when he's 2 inches smaller, and just a wrestler. It's too much, he took it too far, he planned it, he wants it. He's just egged me too far.
    Sounds like maybe he's jealous of you or something. Maybe because you play football and he just wrestles? Maybe you get more attention from the girls?
    He's probably banking on getting you on the ground by wrestling. You should avoid if you can, ask him why he wants to fight you. Tell him your not a fighter.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

worst thing you can do imo is to fight when its "planned." if you have to, beat him down when no one is around and act like nothing happened.
    Last edited by twm; 04-29-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Dude, I've watched too much Judge Judy to know that if you kick his ass and he takes it to court, you're gonna have some medical bills to pay. Don't do it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    worst thing you can do imo is to fight when its "planned." if you have to, beat him down when no one is around and act like nothing happened.
    or like another poster said the whole school will know about it by lunch and so will the principles and parents. i've seen it happen.

and when it finally does happen, the manager at wendys calls the cops and the fight is boring and stupid anyway.

Fighting is expensive. Not sure where you live and how they'd persecute if you got caught, but disorderly conduct tickets aren't cheap. My only recommendation would be to throw down with as few people watching as possible and make it quick. If you win and he isn't a complete pussy, he probably won't tell for fear of being labeled a snitch. But don't count on that, because by the sound of this whole setup, he is a complete pussy.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

I concur with the gentleman above me. Don't fight if you can. It's not worth it.

However, if you do fight, make sure he's the one who provokes you to defend yourself (either threatening you or touching you first). You're 15, you're not gonna go to jail, and if it's at school, you'll most likely be suspended if you're caught. Most fights don't last very long, and most end up on the ground (all the ones I've seen). If it goes down, you kick his ass, and you fight to win. Go all out.

But most importantly, try to avoid it. If it happens, you best win.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

Banned
    Best thread ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Best thread ever...
    Nah, there's been better..
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

My other option is to follow the bastard one day while he's alone and kick his f'n head in, by yourself. Of course this could start a war because he'll get his homefries to help him get you back. Or it can work out in your favour and he'll be scared ****less after you show him who's boss.

Dude, dont fight. Its really not cool, be the bigger man. That is the real fight, the fight with yourself. Spend your energy fighting that battle and you will be a better man.
    Sarvamangalam!

Dude be the bigger man seriously.

Challenge him to a breakdance battle.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

listen to all the people who've gone through highschool. with 20 days left myself, i can agree with them totally. sure, if the kid punches you, defend yourself. but dont 'meet up' and have a showdown... its really not as cool as you think. and not intending an insult or anything, but neither of you probably know how to actually fight anyways, which is almost always the case. a few poorly formed punches would be thrown and itd be over, which would just lead to people laughing at both of you. not that i know how to fight or anything. and maybe you do know how to fight. im just saying, as everyone else has said, its really not worth it.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Getting in fights is a lose/lose if you throw the first punch. Either you kick his ass and go to jail (juvie in your case) or you get your ass beat with no chance of recourse. I'd say stay away and only fight if he attacks you at random, not some planned event.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

In response to the few people being there, there's only 6 people going. 2 of my friends, one who's driving, and 2 of his, who are driving him. We're just going somewhere open and hard to access. I don't know what the kid was thinking, and I'm still not throwing first punch. I explained to him I'm not a fighter, to just stop talking ****. He just went and did it some more. It's just too much, and he mentioned fight and I guess that's what it's going to take. I'm going to try to avoid it but I'm pretty sure there's no way to stop this other then prove myself to this kid. I really don't know what he wants, but whatever, he'll get it.
    My journal.

good luck man. be careful
    Last edited by twm; 04-30-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Well, if it comes down to it, good luck. A boy needs to have a fight or two in his day.

Back in the old times, men could fight, and after the scrap, it'd be done and forgotten. These days, the kids with their guns and rap music and backwards hats ... you go to jail for fightin'!
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

If it was 15 years ago I would say go ahead and fight but things having changed so much over the years. People are getting sued for every little thing now. I know a few people in jail from fighting also. Think ahead, say your having the fight and that kid falls and hits his head on a rock and dies. Your life is over. So, my opinion is be the bigger man and blow it off.

What are you gonna do when this moron pulls out a knife?? I hope you're not too attached to playing football for the rest of high school...
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576