Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bench shirts

bench shirts

what do poeple think of their bench shirts? anybody tried the metal ace bench shirt?

Never tried the metal ace, but I love the new APT Apex. Easy to get on, comfortable to wear, and amazing support and pop throughout the ROM. The rear collar is scooped nice and low also and makes it easy to manipulate the shirt. With a pretty big groove, its great for both archers and non archers. Better than my Rage X imo. Im ordering a 2 ply and hear it acts more like a 3. Cant wait. I get about 120 out of the 1 ply right now.
    Last edited by Brian C; 05-05-2009 at 12:06 PM.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

The ACE is VERY stiff and a properly sized one will take a lot of weight to touch and it has more stopping power than pop. It's also very thick, just like the ACE suit and briefs. Other than that it is cut very similarly to an SDP.
    Roll Tide.

Wannabebig Member
    This is going to sound really really dumb, and I don't mean to take it off subject....

But what is a "Bench Shirt"? Isn't that just a shirt you wear while you workout?
    322lbs/6'4''/19 y/o
    315 bench
    275 incline
    1200 leg press (don't care much for leg press anymore, need to work more on weightless squats/body weight workouts as far as my legs go)
    SU- 52, PU- 54, 2 mile time: 18:11 Any info on how I could improve my stats, PM me, I'm all years, BTW, I don't take any form of supplements.

I've a big fan of the super duper phenom. It's much easier to touch in than most 2-ply shirts. That matters for us peons that bench under 800 lbs. It has a lot of pop too. The downside is they are expensive, and you have to get it super tight for it to work right.
    www.wildirongym.com
    Become a fan of Wild Iron on Facebook:
    http://tinyurl.com/WildIron

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brock7142 View Post
    This is going to sound really really dumb, and I don't mean to take it off subject....

But what is a "Bench Shirt"? Isn't that just a shirt you wear while you workout?
    Says the man telling all the lifters how to get stronger in the football thread...

hahahahahha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusWild View Post
    I've a big fan of the super duper phenom. It's much easier to touch in than most 2-ply shirts. That matters for us peons that bench under 800 lbs. It has a lot of pop too. The downside is they are expensive, and you have to get it super tight for it to work right.
    I know T. Bell speaks VERY highly of both the Super and the Super Duper Phenom

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNoble View Post
    Says the man telling all the lifters how to get stronger in the football thread...

hahahahahha
    I'm sorry if I don't waste a career lifting weights in the quantities that have no relevent usage outside a gym.

XD

All in good humor of course :wink:
    322lbs/6'4''/19 y/o
    315 bench
    275 incline
    1200 leg press (don't care much for leg press anymore, need to work more on weightless squats/body weight workouts as far as my legs go)
    SU- 52, PU- 54, 2 mile time: 18:11 Any info on how I could improve my stats, PM me, I'm all years, BTW, I don't take any form of supplements.

Banned
    I'm sorry if I don't waste a career lifting weights in the quantities that have no relevent usage outside a gym.
    then quit posting in the Powerlifting section

Banned
    back on topic, what shirt does the OP have?

Wannabebig Member
    back on topic, what shirt does the OP have?
    How do they work?
    322lbs/6'4''/19 y/o
    315 bench
    275 incline

Banned
    How do they work?
    like this:

like this:

I love you
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Jeremy Frey, Josh McMillian, and Matt Kroc have all made huge gains since switching to the Metal Ace shirt. All three of them have used the Rage X and two of them have used the Super Phenom and they say their is no comparison. I should have one on the way soon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luyando View Post
    Jeremy Frey, Josh McMillian, and Matt Kroc have all made huge gains since switching to the Metal Ace shirt. All three of them have used the Rage X and two of them have used the Super Phenom and they say their is no comparison. I should have one on the way soon
    can't wait to see vids

I like my shirt, well I did. I had an inzer DD closed back that was awesome to jump into once every couple of months, if I kept with it I would of gotten an easy 100-125lbs out of it. My training partner had a phenom I think, he got about 10lbs out of it, it was pretty loose - but it still cut like hell!

Will is right, I've used the Super and SD Phenom and very much liked them both. I really enjoy the ease you can touch with depending on how you adjust them and man they are super fast shirts.

I have tried the Ace shirt on two occasions and didn't like it for either time, however maybe I just had the wrong sizing. Rob is certainly right about Kroc and Jeremy Frey, they have made some crazy gains, especially Jeremy. McMillian though, last I saw was wearing a SD Phenom, he'd just blacked out the logos

In the near future I will be trying some shirts from Titan which I am very much looking forward to. I always enjoy a new challenge
    Last edited by Travis Bell; 05-05-2009 at 08:41 PM.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

I think a lot of my shirt...I've named it sally. I woulddnt think of lifting without her...
    Sponsored by:
    OverKill Strength Equipment
    APT ProWristStraps

Success is usually achieved by always doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability." John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by bencher8 View Post
    I think a lot of my shirt...I've named it sally. I woulddnt think of lifting without her...
    LOL, thats pretty funny!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Don't you switch shirts every week? Whore....
    www.wildirongym.com
    Become a fan of Wild Iron on Facebook:
    http://tinyurl.com/WildIron

I love my Titan Katanas! I've only tried one Metal shirt. It was a Viking Pro Bencher (2 ply). I couldn't get as much as in a 1 ply fury or F6 (hadn't tried the Katana at that time). Way, way more in the 2 ply Titans. I haven't tried any other Metal equipment to make a judgement from.
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
    Never tried the metal ace, but I love the new APT Apex. Easy to get on, comfortable to wear, and amazing support and pop throughout the ROM. The rear collar is scooped nice and low also and makes it easy to manipulate the shirt. With a pretty big groove, its great for both archers and non archers. Better than my Rage X imo. Im ordering a 2 ply and hear it acts more like a 3. Cant wait. I get about 120 out of the 1 ply right now.
    do you think the apt apex would make a good beginner shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Will is right, I've used the Super and SD Phenom and very much liked them both. I really enjoy the ease you can touch with depending on how you adjust them and man they are super fast shirts.

I have tried the Ace shirt on two occasions and didn't like it for either time, however maybe I just had the wrong sizing. Rob is certainly right about Kroc and Jeremy Frey, they have made some crazy gains, especially Jeremy. McMillian though, last I saw was wearing a SD Phenom, he'd just blacked out the logos

In the near future I will be trying some shirts from Titan which I am very much looking forward to. I always enjoy a new challenge
    McMilian uses an ace your thinking of Hobmeier with the Stealth shirt. I tried one on at a meet few weeks ago and the fit and material is sick. I will hit a grand for sure!

OK you now owe me a protein drink as I spit it up laugh my ass off! "Sally" Just needs to grow some balls and it will work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pie zar View Post
    do you think the apt apex would make a good beginner shirt?

If you are looking for a good beginner shirt get a Metal Blast shirt. Its a very user friendly shirt and will give you plenty of support!