The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

I hate SallieMae.

Every damn trimester they screw up my loans. Now I get two letters in the mail saying both my subsidized and unsubsidized loan application has been rejected. Which I can only assume is for next year, because they certainly don't tell me in the letter. Ok, so I was calm, I called them and talked to customer service. Absolute ****ing ****** gets my call, and in broken english tells me my loans are fine, they've been dispersed already. For the 08-09 year. Great, how about 09-10. Oh yes sir, everything is fine for both of your loans for 08-09. Great, how about 09-10. Well what I see here is that your loans have been dispersed for 08-09. Great, how about someone with listening comprehension above that of a 4 year old. My six year old nephew could do a better job than you and he just learned how to count.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wells Fargo Collegiate Loan FTW. Absolutely fantastic customer service
    Last edited by ZenMonkey; 06-01-2009 at 05:39 PM.
    Sarvamangalam!

I've never had trouble with Sallie Mae and I've been in bed with her for almost 10 years.

Then again, I've never had to call her either.
    Last edited by Patz; 06-01-2009 at 06:01 PM.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    Wells Fargo Collegiate Loan FTW. Absolutely fantastic customer service
    This would be the first time I've ever seen anyone say anything good about Wells Fargo anything.

Among the many complaints I've heard, I've also known two people that had their credit card information stolen by Wells Fargo call center employees.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Banned
    I've seen some lawsuits involving the practices of Wells Fargo

Banned
    I just refinanced to Wells Fargo. LoL

Sallie Mae is a horribly-run company. I almost took a job there, I'm glad I didn't.

My wife had several months in which we were getting collections calls because SM defaulted on one of her school loans, even though we were paying it and there were records proving on the sallie mae website that we had been paying it. We had the same problems with non-English speakers who would just say "everything is fine" over and over.
    Last edited by killxswitch; 06-02-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    This would be the first time I've ever seen anyone say anything good about Wells Fargo anything.

Among the many complaints I've heard, I've also known two people that had their credit card information stolen by Wells Fargo call center employees.
    Yea, Ive ehard some stuff like that too. Everytime I deal with them it is great. Last summer I took out loans for summer school but something came up so I couldnt attend. They took that loan and moved it to the falls tuition instead of charging me for the summer session. Instead of having another 15k of loans from classes I dropped they helped me turn it into something I could use. None of my other banking is with them though, so student loans are the only dealings Ive had with them.
    Sarvamangalam!

I left the two letters with my financial aid office in hopes they'll figure out what's going on. I'm already so disenchanted with this program and this school, this may be the last straw.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

Combat Infantryman
    I had two loans from before I enlisted and it's been an absolute nightmare with them, I finally had to just pay them off in full. They wanted to have me start paying back after basic training because I wasn't in school. It took the involvement of the VA rep and financial aid department at school to convince them that yes, basic training IS required training. Returning just recently from Iraq, I had them calling me asking immediately to start payments, despite having sent in the service member's relief act paperwork before I deployed. Apparently they had been bugging my mother while I was gone, accusing her of lying about me being deployed despite having my orders, and getting really vulgar. They then told me they only recognize required service. I told them I was fairly confident that military deployment is required, and then they demanded to know why I wasn't in school during the time I was at basic training...

It took one of my senators getting involved to get them to stop calling me every 15 minutes, but they continually lost all the deferrment paperwork I sent and generally had no record keeping whatsoever. They would tell me I was good until school started in September, and then a few days later I would get an envelope with payment stubs in it. I just couldn't deal with it anymore and paid them off in full.
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle