The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Multivitamins Causing Shoulder Pain

I get sharp pains in my left shoulder every time I start to take multivitamins. This started about four years ago. I laid off of them and my shoulder pain went away. I brought this up to my doctor and his only answer is "I don't know, let me run some tests for gout and some other things to see what the results are". Nothing came back explaining why this happen, so I was just content with not taking vitamins anymore and try to get all of my vitamins through fruits/veggies.

I've realized over the years that this is not very easy to do and multivitamins is a much easier way of getting all of my daily recommended doses in. Last week I started to take multivitamins again to see if maybe the problem just went away, but no, I have a horrible shoulder pain where it hurts just to move my left arm. I'm going to try to schedule an appointment with a different doctor to see if maybe he/she can give me a better answer that my last one did. But in the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone here may have any ideas why this is happening? I did a search for google and came up with a few hits, but nothing as to why this happens.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    uhhh no? Is it every brand, some brands, have you tried supplementing individual vitamins (take a vitamin a pill, a vitamin b pill, etc.?)

This could be the weirdest problem I've ever heard of. I ran a google search and everything I saw was about shoulder pain related to vitamin deficiency. Not to come off abrasive, but are you sure this isn't all in your head?
    Last edited by Pimpstick; 05-08-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpstick View Post
    uhhh no? Is it every brand, some brands, have you tried supplementing individual vitamins (take a vitamin a pill, a vitamin b pill, etc.?)

This could be the weirdest problem I've ever heard of. I ran a google search and everything I saw was about shoulder pain related to vitamin deficiency. Not to come off abrasive, but are you sure this isn't all in your head?

I've tried two different brands. One brand is "one a day" and the other I don't remember. I know it's not in my head. Too much pain to be in my head. I mean, the pain isn't so bad to where it makes my left shoulder hurt so bad I can't use it. But anytime I have to raise my left arm to do something, it defiantly hurts my shoulder. I do agree, the problem is weird. Probably why the doctor I saw didn't have a solution. Also, I should have mentioned this. Cereal has the same affect as well. If there's a day I eat a lot of cereal that is loaded with vitamins, my shoulder hurts. However, it's never hurt from eating fruit/veggies.

I may try to take some individual vitamins to see if I can narrow it down to one specific vitamin. On my search on google that I performed a few months ago, I found a post on a different message board with someone that has the very same symptoms. Nobody there was able to provide an answer.

What brands did you try?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

You could try a brand that takes vitamins from whole foods, since vitamins from fruits and vegetables didn't bother you?

I've never heard of such a thing to be honest
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

try the "Alive" multis from Natures Way, they are great

I've never heard of such a thing either. If you have a balanced diet, you shouldn't need multi supplementation anyway.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Which arm do you use to take the vitamins? And how exactly do you get them to your mouth with your arm?

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Banned

its not a problem

look,when taking multivitamins,drink a lot of water and try the following supplement:msm and glucosamine.

Were the vitamins extremely heavy? I dont have any idea how vitamins could hurt your shoulder. Maybe you did some lifts wrong or something when you took the vitamins and so you got it mixed up.

height: 6'3

weight: 175

short term goal: 200

Long term goal: Lean 225

Try Juice Plus, it's essentially ground up fruit/veggies in capsules.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!