The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

freezing chicken and hamburger, have much effect on the quality?

since hamburger and chicken go bad so fast, you have to either use it or freeze it a couple days after you buy it. i know alot of nutrients in veggies get robbed from the freezer,

im assuming its the same for meat? how much effect will this have on meat? it would be a hassle to have to go get chicken every 3 days cause i cant freeze it lol.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Errr, no they don't. The biggest problem with freezing things is everyone just chucks it in the sink to defrost it.

DON'T PUT IT IN THE ****ING SINK!

Defrost everything in a regulated tempreture of about 0-3C, so put it in the fridge. It takes a few days, and you need to plan ahead. Doing this you avoid moisture loss, bacteria growth and possible food poisoning. As far as nutrient loss goes, nadda. Veggies maintain everything, just make sure to do them in the microwave, and meat will never lose any of its yummy zinc and protein until after it has been cooked

lol what does throwing it in the sink do? besides un freezing it that is?

It allows bacteria to grow. If you thaw in a refrigerator, that's less likely to happen since they can't live at those temperatures. Alternatively, you can defrost something in the microwave and it happens faster than bacteria can grow.

That said, I thaw things in the fridge but let them sit to come up to room temperature before cooking. Makes for far more even cooking.

Freezing isn't bad. It degrades the flavor and texture of the meat but the nutrient loss is negligible, if it exists at all.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

awesome thanks for the info.

I actually have fresh beef and chicken burgers frozen. I bought them fresh from a butcher shop. I'm wondering, how long is the meat usually good for when frozen? The burgers also came in a bag boxed. Should I vacuum seal all of them? Will they go bad if they're not vacuum packed?

Thanks
    Last edited by dd2000; 05-20-2009 at 12:12 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dd2000 View Post
    I actually have fresh beef and chicken burgers frozen. I bought them fresh from a butcher shop. I'm wondering, how long is the meat usually good for when frozen? The burgers also came in a bag boxed. Should I vacuum seal all of them? Will they go bad if they're not vacuum packed?

Thanks
    Buy a vacuum sealer, they are awesome.

Banned
    [QUOTE=VikingWarlord;2143661]
    That said, I thaw things in the fridge but let them sit to come up to room temperature before cooking. Makes for far more even cooking.

Such a good gem of advice I only learned a few years ago, I wish someone had told me sooner

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    Freezing isn't bad. It degrades the flavor and texture of the meat but the nutrient loss is negligible, if it exists at all.
    agreed, that aside so many meat products we do eat day to day have been previously frozen, it is really such a minimal issue.