The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Pumping Iron @ Villy!

Getting into the low body fat %'s...

I've seen to have plateau'd around 10% BF. Cutting calories any further does not seem to be doing the trick. I am currently following a diet almost identical to the 'Got Built?' diet written by Built. For those who do not know it is P+F for every meal except P+C pre and post workout.

What kind of diet would you guys recommend to help me drop to around 6-8%?
    "Geneing Leans Green"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    If you aren't losing any more weight it means you need to cut your calories even further. If that isn't an option (for sanity reasons most likely) then I would add some cardio into your routine.

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nito View Post
    I've seen to have plateau'd around 10% BF. Cutting calories any further does not seem to be doing the trick. I am currently following a diet almost identical to the 'Got Built?' diet written by Built. For those who do not know it is P+F for every meal except P+C pre and post workout.

What kind of diet would you guys recommend to help me drop to around 6-8%?
    Although calories is important then looking at weight manipulation, what you are actually eating becomes more important when considering body composition.

Would you be able to post some of your typical meals? Also do you cycle this diet and have a "cheat day" or carb load? If not then that may be the reason for this plateau.

Training is also going to be important when you look at dropping into the lower bodyfat percentages. Low intensity cardio and intelligent weight training coupled with plenty of rest should enable you to drop down into single digits.

Lastly, how are you measuring bodyfat? Unfortunately many of the electronic devices are fairly inaccurate - most of them just use BMI.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com