The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

What do you think of these as a multivitamin?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    The vitamin part looks like an ordinary vitamin.

The "proprietary sports blend" is complete trash. While some of the ingredients in the blend do have some merit their dosages in the vitamin are WAY WAY too little to have any benefit.

Conclusion: it's an average multi-vitamin that costs 13 bucks a month. There's better stuff out there.

Wannabebig Member
    What would be a better option that is more of a "sport" vitamin?

Banned
    I was going to link you to At Large Nutrition's multi-plus, but I think I remember Daniel saying they are temporarily out of stock.

In all honesty, a "sport" vitamin is going to do the exact same thing as the tub of 500 generic vitamins you can buy at Sam's club or Wal-Mart. There difference in quality is going to be minimal, and you aren't going to suddenly see a boost in your athletic performance from taking a vitamin. They are more for overall health benefits and to supplement your diet.

I wish I could get a kick-back for saving people money on supplements

Wannabebig Member
    So the generic hyvee brand ones I am taking now will do the trick, even though they dont have the "proprietary sports blend" in them?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XFacta82 View Post
    So the generic hyvee brand ones I am taking now will do the trick, even though they dont have the "proprietary sports blend" in them?
    yessir.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/search.php?do=process

This link is your new best friend. Use it, learn it, love it.

I wannabebig!
    If atlarge is out of stock, I would recommend "mega man" from the vitamin shoppe. It is formulated the same as GNC's and less than 50% the cost.

Wannabebig Member
    Do you mean Ultimate Man?
    I was looking at Controlled Labs Orange Triad. Would this be a good one?

Banned
    http://www.supplementdirect.com/?con...oduct_id=14882

OP are you an idiot? The above link is the ABSOLUTE CHEAPEST you will find orange triad, and it is still 50% more expensive than the GNC vitamins, the same ones I told you were overpriced. Go ahead and buy your orange triad (lol at the name) and waste your money on nothing.

Actually, pm me and I'll sell you some SUPER AWESOME MEGA EXTREME!!!111 vitamins that will MAKE YOU GAIN 15 POUNDS OF MUSCLE IN ONE WEEK, GUARANTEED. I know my claim may sound ridiculous, but I tested my product at a major university and used a double blind study and science PROVES THAT MY CLAIMS ARE REAL!!!!! They're only 60 dollars a month!!!! That's 50% more expensive than your orange triad, and everyone knows that just because something costs more it is better!!! And my vitamins contain 100% pure snake oil extract, which is the practically the equivalent of 500mg shot of test a week.
    Last edited by Pimpstick; 05-14-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Loving ALN's Multi Vitamin and Fish oil.

ASC Pro Strongman Ryan Bracewell's Avatar
    Unfortunately Pimpstick there is a difference between ****ty Sam's bulk buy vitamins and the quality(typically more expensive) stuff. Will any of them make a difference in your performance the way say protein or creatine, probably not, but there is a difference. I have taken just about all the cheapy ones from Walmart, GNC, opti-men, etc and I actually notice a difference compared to when I take a quality multi. My personal favorite is made by American Health and is called More than a Multiple. Vast majority of my clients that have tried it come back and tell me they notice a big difference compared to the cheapies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bracewell View Post
    Unfortunately Pimpstick there is a difference between ****ty Sam's bulk buy vitamins and the quality(typically more expensive) stuff. Will any of them make a difference in your performance the way say protein or creatine, probably not, but there is a difference. I have taken just about all the cheapy ones from Walmart, GNC, opti-men, etc and I actually notice a difference compared to when I take a quality multi. My personal favorite is made by American Health and is called More than a Multiple. Vast majority of my clients that have tried it come back and tell me they notice a big difference compared to the cheapies.
    I didn't say there wasn't a difference, I said it was minute and not worth the money. Spending 60 bucks for a month and a half of vitamins is a rip off IMO, especially when the bottle has fake tape on it that says "TOP SECRET", like the vitamins are some badass illegal commodity.

Also assuming that generic vitamins are ****ty is wrong. And basing your opinion on the anecdotal advice of a few of your clients is also wrong.

Let me see a scientific study that proves the absorption of the vitamins from a generic vitamin is worse than the expensive stuff. Then let me see a study that says your performance is effected by the lower absorption.
    Last edited by Pimpstick; 05-15-2009 at 06:52 AM.

Do you really need a study to tell you some cheap vitamins are **** when you can...well...see them in your ****?

OP, I do recommend ALN's products, but I also do like Orange Triad. While you may choose to go with a cheap alternative, I would still recommend staying away from the CostCo-type vitamins.

ASC Pro Strongman Ryan Bracewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpstick View Post
    I didn't say there wasn't a difference, I said it was minute and not worth the money. Spending 60 bucks for a month and a half of vitamins is a rip off IMO, especially when the bottle has fake tape on it that says "TOP SECRET", like the vitamins are some badass illegal commodity.

Also assuming that generic vitamins are ****ty is wrong. And basing your opinion on the anecdotal advice of a few of your clients is also wrong.

Let me see a scientific study that proves the absorption of the vitamins from a generic vitamin is worse than the expensive stuff. Then let me see a study that says your performance is effected by the lower absorption.
    Not sure where you pay $60 for vitamins, but I would never pay that much regardless of how good they were. And I have never seen a vitamin that says top secret, sounds like a MuscleTech thing to me.

As for my anecdotal evidence that is not based off a "few" clients. I own a very lucrative nutrition store, so those "few" people you are referring to is over a thousand customers a month. Obviously not all of them are using the same Multi, which is what gives me a lot of feedback from many different people on many different brands.

Whether you agree with me or not is up to you. On forums I do 1 of 2 things. I either ask questions on things I am unfamiliar with, or give people advice on things I have experience with. It is up to you to decide what advice you want to take.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bracewell View Post
    Not sure where you pay $60 for vitamins, but I would never pay that much regardless of how good they were. And I have never seen a vitamin that says top secret, sounds like a MuscleTech thing to me.

As for my anecdotal evidence that is not based off a "few" clients. I own a very lucrative nutrition store, so those "few" people you are referring to is over a thousand customers a month. Obviously not all of them are using the same Multi, which is what gives me a lot of feedback from many different people on many different brands.

Whether you agree with me or not is up to you. On forums I do 1 of 2 things. I either ask questions on things I am unfamiliar with, or give people advice on things I have experience with. It is up to you to decide what advice you want to take.
    The OP said he was thinking of taking Orange Triad, which is 60 dollars for a month and a half supply. The bottle has fake tape on it that says TOP SECRET.

Knowing that you own a "lucrative" vitamin shop puts your advice in better perspective. I certainly hope it's lucrative for reasons other than the ones that GNC profits from.

Quote Originally Posted by Xellarz View Post
    I would still recommend staying away from the CostCo-type vitamins.

Why is this? Please explain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by machaf View Post
    Why is this? Please explain.
    Because some people are stupid and equate price with quality. This is only true in the presence of complete information, and trust me, supplement companies do not give you complete information.

Costco vitamins are fine. If you have trouble digesting them, you will likely have trouble digesting the more expensive ones too.