The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Do that voodoo that he do

Cardio for cutting

I have a quick question on cardio for you guys. As a long time bulker, I'm now faced with an upcoming beach season, and that means dropping some bodyfat.

I'm pretty good on diet info, but cardio is kind of a mystery. It appears that there are two schools of thought: a)Long (relatively, let's not get out of control), slow cardio burns fat and spares muscle, or b)High intensity cardio/interval burns calories faster, and it doesn't matter as long as the calories are burnt. My question is, what do you guys think/what has worked for you Which is the best for maintaining my mass, but still cutting?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I do 30 min @ 140-150 BPM.
    All weights in kilograms in my posts. 1 kg = 2,2 lbs

My training log.
    My foreign language study site.

I prefer intervals.

You can make them progressive, you can make them fun, and they don't take long.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig Member
    I just started doing intervals where as before I was doing 30 minutes of fast treadmill walking. Intervals are more fun, less mind numbing and seem to be working faster for losing fat.

Intervals are a lot more interesting than the conventional low intensity cardio we've had stuffed down our throats for years.

High intensity training (intervals) causes release of GH the best fat burning hormone your body makes - low intensity does not.

Also intervals cause an oxygen debt that continues after you stop the exercise, the increased oxygen debt burns more calories at rest.

The only BUT is that it seems your body adapts to either form of cardio so it is best to switch over from one to the other after a few weeks to keep the body from getting into a rut.

I'm currently combining both!

Grasshoppa
    Excuse my newbieness...intervals would be...?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

ive started doing 15-20 minutes of conditioning (sprints, stairmaster, incline treadmill or stationary bike) or 2 miles running a day.im debating on whether to run in the morning or do what ive been doin which is run after lifting