The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

Just starting out, progress thread to keep me motivated!

Well whats up guys? i been checkin out this forum alot an figured i would join an get things goin for myself. I have always wanted to get in shape an get big but i let my craving for partyin get in my way!!! Got into some trouble a few months back an wound up doin 75 days in jail for it, so it was a good time to have a new hobby an there were no weights so on came the push-ups, chin-ups, pull-ups, and dips. I realized i could have gotten better results if i didnt go full force every single day there. But i didnt know at the time an well i was in jail an bored as hell!!!. So i snapped a few pics with my old webcam an figured i would consider this my starting time because only now am i hitting the actual weights. I was lucky to have a old weider bench in my storage block, a barbell, and two dumbell bars. The sucky part is they are plastic/concrete weights an i only have 185lbs of weights. So, once i manage to get myself a decent job, i'll start buying some real steel!!! For now, i gotta make do with what i got. Im in the bulking stage right now, only been home 2 weeks but i ate all the damn trays i could get my hands on in there, and im still eating a horse a day while home. I do however need to invest in some protein. I was at a good rate when i left, calisthenics got me into a decent shape, i only gained 8lbs while i was there but i seen a ton of fat leave an muscle replace it, i wish i had a before picture. When i left, my workout consisted of 5 sets of 10 overhand pull ups, 5 sets of 20 chin ups, 10 sets of 30 push ups, and 5 sets of 50 dips. i did that once a day, and did them correctly, all the way up an all the way down on everything, slowly. Now that im home an dusted off the bench i never got around to using... i want to get big!!! I need this hobby because not only am i tired of trouble but i always wanted to look good an be strong!!! So anyway, thanks for readin my garbage, heres a couple pics of what i look like now, in my starting stage, the quest for big muscle gains an sore an painful recoverys!!!

Forgot to add: My starting weights are as follows.

BP: 3 sets at 145 and 5 reps
    Straight bar curls: 3sets at 65 5 reps
    Squat: 3 sets at 210 5 reps

I ride the hell out of bmx bikes daily, my legs have always been strong.

Any pointers are great, thanks.... Doug!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by toxzic; 05-18-2009 at 10:27 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!