Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: A Weak Persons Journey To Strength...

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    LOL at the 20 reppers They are evil good. Nice work, but I'm not sure I could handle 20 reppers on a cut
    Hehe, im pretty sure you could. I wish i had your numbers on the 20 reppers. Man, i am getting even more respect for your numbers with every session.

Just remember, it took me years to get to those numbers...and I was bulking

Here's a trick that worked for me. I break down the 30 reps into groups of 5. The first 5 reps I pound out one after the other (rep style). The next five, I take one extra breath between reps (two total). the next five I take 3 or 4 breaths between reps. The last 5 reps I take as many breaths as I need to finish them. I think the rythm helps to keep me focussed.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    Just remember, it took me years to get to those numbers...and I was bulking

Here's a trick that worked for me. I break down the 30 reps into groups of 5. The first 5 reps I pound out one after the other (rep style). The next five, I take one extra breath between reps (two total). the next five I take 3 or 4 breaths between reps. The last 5 reps I take as many breaths as I need to finish them. I think the rythm helps to keep me focussed.
    Thanks for that, but it doesnt take away the fact that it is impresive .

Thanks for the tips. What i have been doing is taking three breaths between every rep, because you mentioned that before. It works pretty well. Actually, i do that even when i do only 5 reps. I take 2-3 breaths in between reps.

LuNa
    DOMS is back with a vengeance. Diet has been pretty good, i went out yesterday and just had one beer and it was low carb. Im also walking for an hour today to get to uni and back.

Was feeling pretty lean this morning. I have a lot of rib action going on and it seems to be going the right way. Great stuff.

I used to do 20 rep squats back in college, when I thought HIT was cool. One day my form broke down toward the end and I pulled out my back pretty bad. No more 20 rep squats for me.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    I used to do 20 rep squats back in college, when I thought HIT was cool. One day my form broke down toward the end and I pulled out my back pretty bad. No more 20 rep squats for me.
    Wow, that sucks. I like the 20 reppers but seeing as im so new to weightlifting, i really need to focus on my form. Thanks for that!

Banned
    I saw that u said ur new to weight lifting, just stick to ur program and prgress will come man

Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    What i have been doing is taking three breaths between every rep

Ohhh...you are doing it the HARD way
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    Ohhh...you are doing it the HARD way
    Oh, really? I thought that was to make it easier...

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Al19067 View Post
    I saw that u said ur new to weight lifting, just stick to ur program and prgress will come man
    Will definitely do. Im close to my half year anniversary with the weights and it looks like we will celebrate with some more DOMS.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    Oh, really? I thought that was to make it easier...
    No way...getting those first 10 reps done quickly is much easier...especially as the weights get heavier.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

LuNa
    No way...getting those first 10 reps done quickly is much easier...especially as the weights get heavier.
    Hmm, thats a good point . Im going to try what you mentioned before, see what happens. I cant believe btw i still feel crippled. DOMS from 20 reps squats is nothing to be jealous off .

LuNa
    I missed yesterdays gym session due to lots of uni work. Today will be no different but im planning on hitting the gym tomorrow morning. Diet has been ok, i feel lean and my clothes are getting a lot more room in them.

Cant wait until i have time to go three times a week again.

Enjoy the rest/recovery.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

LuNa
    Felt good to be back in the gym. Felt a bit tired because i havent had a whole lot of sleep due to uni stuff. It was hot in the gym, i guess spring finally kicked in. I was sweating like a whore in church.

Back Squat:
    1x20x80kg <-- I felt like death afterwards. I tried to use less breaths in between which resulted in a bit of a headache, but the set was over a lot quicker. Wow, just wow. The feeling after this is unbelievable. You wonder why you would do this to yourself, but you are also happy you did it. I found that counting down, really helped.

OH Press:
    2x5x50kg
    1x3x50kg <-- Form wasnt strict and i was without a belt so i didnt want to risk an injury. I was moving around to much with my upper body to get the weight up. This was less of a problem with a belt. I guess the weights are just a little too heavy.

Curls:
    3x8x30kg <-- First time i finished all sets. Pump was sore.

I had to cut todays workout a little short because i still had to study for an exam. However, i could have stopped after the squats and still have an awesome work out in. They really kick your ass. I think a new goal of mine is to get 20x100kg. That would be great.

Nice work on the squats. Now you are starting to understand my obsession with them. Nothing works you harder than 20 rep squats. Great job.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

LuNa
    Nice work on the squats. Now you are starting to understand my obsession with them. Nothing works you harder than 20 rep squats. Great job.
    Yeah definitely. I am sure that when i get to 100kg ill love the results it has given me. It feels different than doing 3x5 or whatever. Also, the DOMS is more intense i find.

McCallum says to work up to 300 lbs and you'll see fantastic results. But 300 lbs is HEAVY
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

LuNa
    McCallum says to work up to 300 lbs and you'll see fantastic results. But 300 lbs is HEAVY
    I still have a long way to go. Especially seeing as i havent done 3x5 with 300lbs yet.

How is the carryover from 20 rep squats to your 1RM? Also, what would be the percentage of your 1rm if you have done a 20rm? I guess its less of an indicator of your 1rm than 3rm or 5rm with using percentages. Not sure if you know, but just wondering.

What I've found is 20 rep squats are a whole different animal. You can get really good at carrying the weight on your back for long periods. The rest-pause thing adds another twist to it too. But, it's just like doing high rep bench press (or any other lift), you get good at reps but there isn't a huge gap between that and your 1RM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

LuNa
    What I've found is 20 rep squats are a whole different animal. You can get really good at carrying the weight on your back for long periods. The rest-pause thing adds another twist to it too. But, it's just like doing high rep bench press (or any other lift), you get good at reps but there isn't a huge gap between that and your 1RM.
    Ah ok, thanks.

Mate good effort on the 20 reps.
    20 x 80kg squat.. O_O

Although my legs are currently weakas, I tried 60kg x 20 once, I thought I had crapped my pants and almost blacked out.
    Like humping an elephant.. must.. get up... omg.. im going to die.. gasp for air at top... down down...

Note to self: do not eat big meal before squatting

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by rocklee View Post
    Mate good effort on the 20 reps.
    20 x 80kg squat.. O_O

Although my legs are currently weakas, I tried 60kg x 20 once, I thought I had crapped my pants and almost blacked out.
    Like humping an elephant.. must.. get up... omg.. im going to die.. gasp for air at top... down down...

Note to self: do not eat big meal before squatting
    Hehe, i learned not to eat big before squatting as well. I kept on burping during squats, it wasnt pretty.

20 reps are great. Not while doing them, not the day after, but the moment you have finished them.

Thanks for dropping by .

Wannabebig Member
    looking good!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by SMILE View Post
    looking good!
    Cheers!