Page 14 of 118 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: A Weak Persons Journey To Strength...

You're posting a big workout as I'm heading off to bed...good stuff Luna, I hope the shoulder isn't a problem.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Deadlifts with the 290x10 there was outstanding, bro. Sorry to hear about the injury affecting things. It'll heal up, you're doing the smart thing by backing off a bit. Keep moving forward man.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log

LuNa
    Thanks a lot guys. The shoulder is a little better this morning. Its still sore and stiff but not as much as yesterday. Seeing as my next workout will be squats, im going to get almost a week of rest for my shoulder. Hopefully that should make it heal. To help the healing process, im going to get some hamburgers. There is nothing food cant fix.

Are you warming up at all before you train mate? I've found this can help with any little niggling injuries or pains.

http://www.powerlifters.com.au/forum....php?f=9&t=573

That link might help.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    Are you warming up at all before you train mate? I've found this can help with any little niggling injuries or pains.

http://www.powerlifters.com.au/forum....php?f=9&t=573

That link might help.
    I used to have a warm up routine with starting strength, but since i switched to 5/3/1 i dont have one. I already found some info on what to do and stretches and such but that topic really points me in the right direction. Thanks Tom.

Get in to it mate. As a bloke said in that thread, doing this kind work helps you not to feel like a dickhead when you get avoidable injuries.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    Get in to it mate. As a bloke said in that thread, doing this kind work helps you not to feel like a dickhead when you get avoidable injuries.
    Precisely .

LuNa
    I like this new diet. It allows me with enough room on the weekends and i like being strict on two other days. I havent lost any weight, which isnt really what im looking for anyways, but i was hoping on seeing an increase in some measurements with a drop in others. I will have to keep going with it and see how it works out.

The shoulder is still a bit sore, but feels slightly better than the previous days. Im going to keep icing it at night. Monday's workout is going to Tuesday to allow for a bit more recovery, even if its Squat day. Thursday will be the first day of pressing so i hope i have decent recovery by then, or i will have to go light. However, as Wendler says in the book: "Its not about what you lift today, its about what you lift tomorrow." Ibuprofen and some rest should do the trick though, i want to get back in the gym.
    Last edited by LuNa; 11-08-2009 at 12:19 AM.

LuNa
    Cycle 1, Wave 1

Squats
    5x72.5kg (155lbs)
    5x82.5kg (180lbs)
    9x92.5kg (205lbs) <-- Went for 10 but the last rep i lost balance so it was a miss.

10x40kg
    10x50kg
    10x60kg
    10x50kg
    10x40kg

Romanian Deadlifts
    10x40kg
    10x50kg
    10x40kg

Legs were like jelly after that. The volume after the more intense sets felt like death, it was awesome .
    Last edited by LuNa; 11-10-2009 at 01:03 AM.

Very nice squatting. Don't you just love how two exercises can wreck you
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Very nice squatting. Don't you just love how two exercises can wreck you
    It is amazing. The Romanian deadlifts werent even that necessary, the squats took everything. I really cant see how some people can do 10+ exercises in one session. Maybe my work capacity is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    Maybe my work capacity is minimal.
    Could be...but more likely the guys that do umpteen exercises aren't pushing hard enough on any of them.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Could be...but more likely the guys that do umpteen exercises aren't pushing hard enough on any of them.
    The man speaks the truth.
    My Journal

Nice squatting bro! Looking strong!
    Sarvamangalam!

LuNa
    Thanks guys!

LuNa
    Shoulder was sore again. Im pretty sure i was lying on it in my sleep. Anyways, i decided to skip OH Press day to give it some more rest. I will be doing some stretching, mobility work later on today. Probably YMTL and shoulder horns. Should be fine by the time Deadlifts are on the schedule.

Take care of that shoulder mate! I cant sleep on my left shoulder because of an old rugby injury... it sucks!
    Sarvamangalam!

Injuries suck. Take it easy so you can hit it hard later.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

LuNa
    I will guys! Im not sure what it is, but i feel that when i get up its sore. I then take my fishoil and it feels much better. A bit stiff but not so much sore. Im itching to go to the gym though. I will probably just do OH Press tomorrow and Deadlifts on Saturday. I cant take not going.

LuNa
    Cycle 1, Wave 2

Warm-up
    Row for 2 mins
    YMTL, hold for 15 seconds
    Shoulder dislocations, 2 sets of 10

OH Press
    3x35kg (75lbs)
    3x40kg (90lbs)
    7x45kg (100lbs)

Chin ups
    2xbw + negative
    2xbw + negative
    1.5xbw + negative
    1xbw + negative
    1xbw + negative

Incline Dumbbell Press
    10x12's
    10x12's
    10x14's
    10x12's
    10x12's <-- Light weight, maybe increase next time

Face Pulls
    5x10x26kg

Curls
    8x25kg
    8x30kg
    8x25kg

Shoulder Horns
    Each arm, 7x5kg <-- Left was significantly weaker, which is also my sore shoulder. Decrease weight, increase reps.

Shoulder felt good throughout. Its a bit sore, stiff now but that should be fine by doing more YMTL's later on today. Shoulders are my major weakness. I found the YMTL's and it said hold for 30 seconds. After 10 seconds i was sweating heavily and couldnt hold it anymore. Shoulders need a lot of work.

I'm glad to see the shoulder might be a little better. Nice pressing and way to grind out the chins. And thanks for the conversion
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

LuNa
    I'm glad to see the shoulder might be a little better. Nice pressing and way to grind out the chins. And thanks for the conversion
    No probs! Im happy as well, it feels allright, nothing to worry about. Chins are hard .

LuNa
    I have been doing the YMTL stretches twice a day. An hour after i wake up and an hour before bed. Shoulder feels awesome. It actually feels stronger than before. I really underrate stretching. Im going to keep this up and hope that i can make some good progress. Looking forward to tomorrow.

LuNa
    Cycle 1, Wave 2

Squats with bar to warm up

Deadlift
    3x107.5kg (240lbs)
    3x125kg (275lbs)
    7x140kg (305lbs)

10x70kg (155lbs)
    10x80kg (175lbs)
    10x90kg (200lbs)
    10x80kg (175lbs)
    10x70kg (155lbs)

Good Mornings
    12xbar
    12x40kg (90lbs)
    12xbar

Weighted Sit-ups
    5x10xBW

My thoughts:
    Good session. Deadlifts felt great. I was going for 7 reps, but i felt i could get at least 1-2 more. I was happy with 7 reps.

Volume on deadlifts still is fun as hell. I was sweating so bad and my lower back was super pumped. I increased all the weights slightly and everything felt pretty good. Increased rest a little more, which i took on feeling instead of the clock.

Last time i did GM's i was sore for a long time, so i decided to take it easy this time. Lower weight, making sure i felt the stretch at the bottom and doing them strict. Legs were shoulder width apart.

Ab work felt good. The sets were easy, but it was good to do some ab work. Adding 1.25kg next time.

Good session, starving now though. I need to get some more food.

Awsome session Luna
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal