Page 15 of 118 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: A Weak Persons Journey To Strength...

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Awsome session Luna
    Thanks for the constant motivation Off Road.

Looks like a solid session mate, the kind a proper strength foundation is built on :P. Keep at it.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    Looks like a solid session mate, the kind a proper strength foundation is built on :P. Keep at it.
    Thanks Tom

Getting those deads up there. Starting to creep up on that goal of yours. Bet you could get it now. Stretching is good stuff, I need to do more of it lol
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log

LuNa
    Cycle 1, Wave 2

Shoulder stuff to warm up
    YMTL, held every stretch for 30 seconds
    Shoulder dislocates, 2x10 reps

Bench Press
    3x45kg (100lbs)
    3x52.5kg (115lbs)
    10x57.5kg (130lbs)

CGBP Lockout from pins
    5x40kg (90lbs)
    5x50kg (110lbs)
    5x60kg (135lbs)
    5x50kg (110lbs)
    5x40kg (90lbs)

Dumbbell Bench Press (in KG)
    15x12's
    15x14's
    15x16's
    15x14's
    15x12's

Kroc Rows (in KG)
    10x14's
    10x16's
    31x18's

My thoughts
    Shoulder felt fine during bench. I did feel it getting tighter the more i benched but that is fine. I am still stretching twice a day and i can hold the stretches for 30 seconds now. Bench felt light and powerful.

The Close grip felt much stronger grip wise, which gives me the idea i should move my grip in a bit on normal bench. I use pinkies on rings but i think moving it in a bit could maybe help. Going to try that next time.

Triceps were extremely pumped after the other exercises, good stuff.

Diet has been great. Bodyweight seems to have slightly increased, which is weird, but ill know for sure on Friday.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiaran View Post
    Getting those deads up there. Starting to creep up on that goal of yours. Bet you could get it now. Stretching is good stuff, I need to do more of it lol
    Deads are feeling extremely well. Im going to give it another cycle and then max out before 2010. Really hope i can get the numbers and be good for a nice total.

Appreciate you dropping by
    Last edited by LuNa; 11-17-2009 at 08:04 PM.

*Cough* Videos *Cough*.

Luna if you're not doing anything this Sunday you should try come over to North Sydney PCYC to watch the Matti Tikka powerlifting competition. There will be some strong boys there it should be a good show. I think it's starting around midday.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Good stuff Luna. I also used to do bench press followed by pin presses. It is a great combo and I bet you'll have good success with it.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    *Cough* Videos *Cough*.

Luna if you're not doing anything this Sunday you should try come over to North Sydney PCYC to watch the Matti Tikka powerlifting competition. There will be some strong boys there it should be a good show. I think it's starting around midday.
    I need some help on the videos. Do you guys make them a smaller file size after making the videos, or do just make them lower quality. The ones i have taken are 100mb, which i cant upload with this internet over here.

I should be there this Sunday. I need to figure out what train to get but i think that is doable for a Logistics Major .

131500.com for all your public transport needs Luna ;-).
    My Journal

Pressing and DLing look great man! Good to hear youre keeping up with mobility and stretching... its such a beneficial thing when you lift. Ive been working on doing the side to side splits for about 6 months now... almost there!
    Sarvamangalam!

LuNa
    131500.com for all your public transport needs Luna ;-).
    Thank you, Sir :P. You better kick some ass or i will be extremely disappointed.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    Pressing and DLing look great man! Good to hear youre keeping up with mobility and stretching... its such a beneficial thing when you lift. Ive been working on doing the side to side splits for about 6 months now... almost there!
    That means a lot to me, especially coming from you. Yeah, it isnt always fun, but the benefits are enormous. Thanks Zen.

LuNa
    Cycle 1, Wave 2

Squat
    3x77.5kg (170lbs)
    3x87.5kg (195lbs)
    7x100kg (220lbs)

10x50kg (110lbs)

Romanian Deadlifts
    10x50kg (110lbs)
    10x60kg (135lbs)
    10x50kg (110lbs)

Weighted Sit-ups
    5x10xBW +1.25kg

My Thoughts
    Energy wasnt all there today and it was hot as ****. I had to go to the gym earlier, which meant i wasnt completely awake. Furthermore, appearantly on this side of the world it actually gets warmer the closer to christmas. Who would have thought!

I did get the reps that i wanted for squats and i was sure i could have gotten 1-2 more. Accessory work didnt feel right so i decided to make it short. I was happy with the core work because im getting some more consistency with it.
    Last edited by LuNa; 11-19-2009 at 06:00 PM.

LuNa
    Finally some videos. Now the quality is crap, but this was the only way i could get the movies small enough so it wouldnt finish my crappy capped off Australian Internet.

77.5kg x 3
    Video

87.5kg x 3
    Video

Glad you finally got vids up Luna!

You need a bit more depth I reckon on those squats buddy, if you want Rippetoe approved Depth. Any reason for the box?
    My Journal

LuNa
    Glad you finally got vids up Luna!

You need a bit more depth I reckon on those squats buddy, if you want Rippetoe approved Depth. Any reason for the box?
    I agree. The box is to make sure i hit the depth and dont go above it. I do all my warm ups, accessory squats without the box and ATF. I think a couple of inches should do the trick. I just want a depth that would be approved in a powerlifting meet.

Ya, a little high, but still good strong fast reps
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Whew... 30 reps of RDLs.... sounds horrible! Nice squatting brosef!
    Sarvamangalam!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Ya, a little high, but still good strong fast reps
    Ill work on the depth a bit more. It was pretty light weight but im still happy.

Whew... 30 reps of RDLs.... sounds horrible! Nice squatting brosef!
    Hehe, they arent as bad as heavy GM's. Thanks, do you have any tips for my squat?

Its hard to tell because youre not going deep enough and the rack gets in the way a bit but try keeping your elbows under the bar. Also, I probably wouldnt be using a box until they get much heavier and if you plan on competing in PL. Id make use of full squats, as they are much better. Box squats are a great tool for a competitive PLer but I dont see them having any real application besides a change in pace. Again, Id get a bigger squat before using these kinds of tools. But, Im a pretty hard nosed sonofabitch when it comes to this kind of stuff... so take it with a grain of salt.
    Sarvamangalam!

LuNa
    Its hard to tell because youre not going deep enough and the rack gets in the way a bit but try keeping your elbows under the bar. Also, I probably wouldnt be using a box until they get much heavier and if you plan on competing in PL. Id make use of full squats, as they are much better. Box squats are a great tool for a competitive PLer but I dont see them having any real application besides a change in pace. Again, Id get a bigger squat before using these kinds of tools. But, Im a pretty hard nosed sonofabitch when it comes to this kind of stuff... so take it with a grain of salt.
    Hehe, i know which is exactly why i asked. The box isnt used to kill the stretch reflex. Its more to make sure i actually go to that depth when the weight gets heavier. I found that i started to get even higher when the weight went up.

You are correct with the elbows, i have been trying to work on that. I do find that i get a feeling of loosing the bar. Could that be from not retracting my shoulder blades properly.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    Hehe, i know which is exactly why i asked. The box isnt used to kill the stretch reflex. Its more to make sure i actually go to that depth when the weight gets heavier. I found that i started to get even higher when the weight went up.
    By doing this you are only exasperating the real issue, getting stronger in the hole. Drop the weight and get it right from the ground up... pun intended.

You are correct with the elbows, i have been trying to work on that. I do find that i get a feeling of loosing the bar. Could that be from not retracting my shoulder blades properly.
    Yes.. by getting tighter this problem may go away... it will be easier to hit depth being tighter as well.

I couldnt tell in the video but it looks like you lose some back arch... which plays into all of this, but its hard to tell from the video.
    Last edited by ZenMonkey; 11-19-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    Sarvamangalam!

LuNa
    By doing this you are only exasperating the real issue, getting stronger in the hole. Drop the weight and get it right from the ground up... pun intended.

Yes.. by getting tighter this problem may go away... it will be easier to hit depth being tighter as well.

I couldnt tell in the video but it looks like you lose some back arch... which plays into all of this, but its hard to tell from the video.
    I had to use an online dictionary for exasperating . I think ill get rid of the box for my working sets as well and see what happens. Im guessing, due to the extra depth, ill have to go lighter.

Tightness is indeed a problem. Its actually amazing that you can pin point all the things i struggle with, in one crappy video .

I havent really been serious with my squats, which i really need to do again.

The box is to make sure i hit the depth and dont go above it.
    I do the same thing from time to time just to check depth.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal