The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 20 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Garage Lifter
    Great job with the Deadlift and with improving so much.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by borracho View Post
    Damn man...you and I are quite a like in size/strength...well, 'cept I am a lot more fat How tall are you? Seems like we're sorta in the same boat as far as ideal weight goes...I'd be pumped to get down to 220 @ 15ish percent for a while...now I am 252-255 @ probably 27-29% bf. But right now I am happy that my lifts are all going up so I'll continue to ride the wave for a bit longer before I commit to dropping fat.

Also interesting to see you're wrapping up with school and moving into a FT job. Whats your discipline in? What type of work are you moving into?

Lookin forward to following your progress bud.
    I think you are a bit stronger than i am, especially in bench. Im 6 feet. I would be really happy to get to 15%, but it is going to be a long road.

You definitely should be, you are making some amazing progress on your lifts.

My master was in Logistics so i am looking to do suppply chain management as work. Might be looking at a trainee ship in procurement if the recession is still worse than i expect it to.

Thanks a lot for stopping by.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    Great job with the Deadlift and with improving so much.
    Thanks a lot mate!

I also have a 15% goal. I think it's the perfect bodyfat percentage. Not skinny and not fat...just right for muscle building too.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I also have a 15% goal. I think it's the perfect bodyfat percentage. Not skinny and not fat...just right for muscle building too.
    Im really not sure what i will look like at 15% but ill be a lot happier getting down there. Im also not really sure what the use will be to get to 10% if your not planning on competing.

LuNa
    No Official cycle

Bench
    5x45kg (90lbs)
    5x50kg (110lbs)
    10x60kg (135lbs)

Decline Dumbbell Press
    3x10x16's (35's lbs)

T-bar Row
    3x10x30kg (65lbs)

BO Barbell Row
    2x10x40kg (90lbs)

Tricep Extension
    1x100x3kg (6lbs)

Cardio Circuit Training
    3 Rounds
    Front Squat holding 10kg DB
    C&P 8kg DB 15 reps each arm
    Box Jump 14 inch box 20 reps

My Thought
    Bench felt good. My back was still a bit sore from deadlifting but i dont think that was affecting my lifting. I do tend to loose form after about 5 reps, which i will have to work on.

Accessory work was good. I really like T-bar rows, because i can feel my lats working. I dont get the same feeling on the BOB Rows.
    The pump from the tricep extension was incredible and doing 100 reps was quite fun.

The cardio circuit left me breathing heavy and dripping with sweat. It was good.

I am feeling really good about the added conditioning work. If i can get my diet in order, i am sure i can drop some fat.

Nice to see you get started on the new routine. I'll be watching closely. I hope their's not too much lag time when you move.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

What sort of grip are you using on the BO BB rows? I know that when I would do them religiously I got sorta stubborn about using an under hand grip cause I was able to comfortably pull a lot more weight. But, then I started getting more comfortable with a wide(ish) neutral grip and felt those hit my lats A LOT better. I am not trying to talk you out of using the T bars...just sorta mentioning it cause BB rows are awesome...er, can be

Lookin good dude!

I dig the plan man. That is a s***load of volume, so make sure you're eating like f***ing crazy so you recover properly, and all that good stuff. All the added cardio and stuff should keep you pretty lean too. I definately see you making some good progress in your physique with this.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Props on the entire effort RvN.

LuNa
    Nice to see you get started on the new routine. I'll be watching closely. I hope their's not too much lag time when you move.
    Neither do i. I get home on Friday and i should be out and looking for a gym on Monday. Will prob get my sessions in as of then.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by borracho View Post
    What sort of grip are you using on the BO BB rows? I know that when I would do them religiously I got sorta stubborn about using an under hand grip cause I was able to comfortably pull a lot more weight. But, then I started getting more comfortable with a wide(ish) neutral grip and felt those hit my lats A LOT better. I am not trying to talk you out of using the T bars...just sorta mentioning it cause BB rows are awesome...er, can be

Lookin good dude!
    Im using a double overhand grip, pronated. I think i started too heavy with them. I was treating it more as a movement than focussing on the muscles i was training to train. Ill lower the weight and do them strict. By neutral, do you mean pronated? Ill definitely give it a go, thanks for the advice.

Thanks man!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    I dig the plan man. That is a s***load of volume, so make sure you're eating like f***ing crazy so you recover properly, and all that good stuff. All the added cardio and stuff should keep you pretty lean too. I definately see you making some good progress in your physique with this.
    Yeah, i definitely think i could eat at maintenance and loose some fat while keeping strength up. Im definitely not removing carbs after i did the cardio circuit yesterday, it was intense.

Thanks, i knew from reading your workouts that i needed a lot more cardio work in my routine.

I hope so, it would be nice to be lean for once .

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Props on the entire effort RvN.
    Thanks for the support Coke.

Sweet workout. I bet those box jumps were killer.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by teeroy View Post
    Sweet workout. I bet those box jumps were killer.
    It was low box, but to start off it wasnt bad at all. It was really good doing something completely different.

LuNa
    Did some swimming today and light walking. I didnt get an extra cardio session in because of it being the last week in Sydney. Currently looking for good gyms in Holland. It looks like ill be traveling for a good gym at the moment .

How do you say "G'day Mate" in Swedish?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Hey bro. So what do I call you? Luna? RV? Nij? Or what's your real name? Anyway, dude that set of deads back there is outstanding! No doubt you're still feelin the DOMS. I don't think I'd worry about your form coming apart on the bench after 5 reps. It's bound to happen if you're working hard and just keep moving forward. Didn't know you were moving? Where to and when and what's the reason? Good luck with everything coming up, bro!
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log

LuNa
    How do you say "G'day Mate" in Swedish?
    Good question . In dutch it would be goedendag, maat .

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiaran View Post
    Hey bro. So what do I call you? Luna? RV? Nij? Or what's your real name? Anyway, dude that set of deads back there is outstanding! No doubt you're still feelin the DOMS. I don't think I'd worry about your form coming apart on the bench after 5 reps. It's bound to happen if you're working hard and just keep moving forward. Didn't know you were moving? Where to and when and what's the reason? Good luck with everything coming up, bro!
    LuNa would be fine . My real name is Renato, but LuNa is probably easier . Thanks a lot. Im not too worried about it, but i am still fairly new and i dont want to get any bad habits while benching. I do stop when form is breaking down too much.

Yeah, im leaving Sydney this Thursday. I graduated and im now without money so im moving back home (Holland) to live with my parents for a bit and to find a job. As long as i can find a squat rack and a gym that allows chalk i will be happ.

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for

Good luck with everything Renato, i like that name and it would be a good username for you too.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Good luck with everything Renato, i like that name and it would be a good username for you too.
    Thanks a lot Coke .

LuNa
    I was planning on squatting today but when i woke up i had a bit of a cold. That combined with still having to clean my apartment and pack my stuff means i will have to miss squatting.

Ill have the whole week off to start fresh next Monday. I really hope i can get some consistency when i get home because the way its going now is driving me nuts.

Good luck with the move. I hope it goes smoothly.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal