Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: A Weak Persons Journey To Strength...

Quote Originally Posted by musclemick View Post
    Also I seen your post in Bennos BGB Journal.. Saying your fat ass cant do chins :P put it this way, get your ass doing chins and you'll get some big wide fat lats!
    Haha, good advice i must say.. Coming from someone with quite large and thick lats

Luna - Great work posting up the pics and work hard on that cut. Will be very interested to see your results over the next few weeks. Great stuff on the 3 main lifts too, bench, deads and squats. The time has become, stronger and leaner, DO IT. Best of luck.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by benno View Post
    Haha, good advice i must say.. Coming from someone with quite large and thick lats

Luna - Great work posting up the pics and work hard on that cut. Will be very interested to see your results over the next few weeks. Great stuff on the 3 main lifts too, bench, deads and squats. The time has become, stronger and leaner, DO IT. Best of luck.
    Thanks a lot Benno. It is great to receive all this advice because i really feel that i finally know what to do to get where i want to be. It feels awesome .

Diet has been good the last couple days. I had one low carb beer, because it was one of my friends birthdays. It is funny to remain sober while everyone gets drunk. Yesterday diet was awesome. I pre packed most of my food which kept me on the diet really well. I cant wait to go the gym tomorrow!

Good to see you are keeping consistent with the diet mate! You will be amazed at the results a good consistent diet will produce. Keep at it.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    Good to see you are keeping consistent with the diet mate! You will be amazed at the results a good consistent diet will produce. Keep at it.
    Thanks alot Tom!

LuNa
    Great to get myself back in the gym today. It was really busy today (semester started again) but i got the work done.

Squat:
    Warm ups
    3x5x100kg <-- Shoulder was still a bit sore, but much less. Will be picking it up again on Friday. Lightweight baby!

Benchpress:
    Warm ups
    3x5x60kg <-- Used a different bench today because the others were taken and surprisingly this setup felt much better. I did alot of warm up sets today because i am trying to get the form down which is explained in Dave Tate's video. Seems to be going well, but i have a tendency to due more of a tricep extension. Will try and improve this.

Deadlift:
    Warm ups
    1x5x145kg <-- This felt awesome. Better and lighter than last week. Switched grip on the third rep which was better. I do need to improve my grip a bit so i might do a little more warm up sets.

Dips:
    3x6 on 8
    1x4 on 8 <-- I decided to do less reps per set, but increase sets so i could get more reps in. Worked pretty well. Will be doing this for chins as well.

Diet has been really good. I allowed myself a bit of a carb up last night which resulted in a weight of 108.1. Not to bothered about the gain because i know it is water weight. The weight on Friday matters more. Will keep going!

LuNa
    Diet is still going well. I am feeling pretty energy less from the restriction of carbs. Soreness is getting more of a problem. I decided to not increase my squats anymore when i am still sore. Weight was 107.4, which gives me a loss of 1 kg a week. Perfect rate of loss. Strength is still good, however my left shoulder is still sore. Especially when doing the press and a bit less when doing squats.

Squats:
    3x5x100kg <-- Had to use a different cage which felt (it was wider than my usual rack) a bit off. The squats felt ok, strength is pretty good.

Press:
    1x5x30kg <-- This was my first warm up set and the pain was too annoying. It is nothing really bad, but enough to let me know i shouldnt be doing the press. Going to try and keep it warm during the weekend, keep benching light and see what happens.

Power cleans:
    5x3x57.5 <-- had enough energy for this which was great. Form was good, i think i can increase it without loosing form.

Decline sit-ups, biggest decline:
    1x12
    1x8

Didnt do chins because people were hogging the chin bars.

I am getting a bit paranoid about loosing muscle mass due to the low volume i am doing if i take out the shoulder press for now. The last thing i want is to loose the mass that i gained. Any input on switching routines or tips on what to do?

LuNa
    Just had a 500 gram steak. Diets can be soooooo good. 110 grams of protein, no carbs and around 10 grams of fat. I decided i need to be stricter in terms of refeeds. I havent really been doing any, just one and when i did i felt great. I am going to take Unholy's advice and have a refeed every third day. My energy is going way too low and its affecting my workout. My first refeed will be on Sunday to get me alive and kicking for Monday's workout. Also thinking about getting some caffeine pills, but i first want to try this.

Also keep thinking about ordering a good 6 month supply of AtLarge supplements but i cant justify shipping cost to be more than the actual supplements .

Dieting like this is gooooodddd.

At your age and experience level Luna, if you continue on a well planned and moderate diet (no massive caloric deficit) I believe you will lose very, very little muscle mass. You're a young guy, our bodies are wired to put on and maintain muscle at the moment. I think the refeeds are a good idea to keep the energy up for workouts though, following Unholy's advice in general is probably just a good idea :P.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

LuNa
    At your age and experience level Luna, if you continue on a well planned and moderate diet (no massive caloric deficit) I believe you will lose very, very little muscle mass. You're a young guy, our bodies are wired to put on and maintain muscle at the moment. I think the refeeds are a good idea to keep the energy up for workouts though, following Unholy's advice in general is probably just a good idea :P.
    Thanks alot Tom, that was really what i needed.

LuNa
    Had a carb up last night so a bit of a pump but i think i could go for a bit more carbs. Shoulder was still a bit sore so i am going to keep it warm during the evenings and nights. Session was pretty good, strength is staying up.

Squats:
    3x5x100kg <-- Was back in "my" squat rack. Felt pretty good eventhough i was a little bit sore in my shoulder.

Bench:
    3x5x60kg <-- This new form is a bit tricky and i dont want to increase before i get it down. The last set was the best one though.

Deadlift:
    1x5x147.5kg <-- I LOVE this exercise. Vains were popping and it felt sooooo good. Heavy, but good. 150 on Friday, here i come!

LuNa
    I am taking a day off today. The shoulder was pretty sore this morning. Going to take a warm shower and keep it warm the rest of the day. Legs were pretty tired aswell. Diet has been really good the last couple of days. Im really getting used to this. Will be back full strength on Friday.

LuNa
    Back in the gym again. It was pretty hot in there and eventhough i was only squatting and deadlifting, i was dripping in sweat. Weight today was 106.5, so i am right on schedule. Also did some measurements and the waist is dropping nicely. Will give an update when i am one month into the cut.

Squat:
    3x5x100kg

Deadlift:
    1x5x150kg <-- This was pretty big for me. Grip was completely off after the first rep, so i switched to mixed. I made some emberassing noises getting the weight up. It was a sqeek instead of a grunt . Luckily nobody uses the platform. I LOVE Deadlifting.

Hammer curls:
    3x8x16's

Its going pretty well and my calories are perfect according to the latest article and my goal weight.
    Last edited by LuNa; 08-14-2009 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post

Deadlift:
    1x5x150kg <-- This was pretty big for me. Grip was completely off after the first rep, so i switched to mixed. I made some emberassing noises getting the weight up. It was a sqeek instead of a grunt . Luckily nobody uses the platform. I LOVE Deadlifting.
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift."

- Jon Pall Sigmarsson
    My Journal

LuNa
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift."

- Jon Pall Sigmarsson
    Totally agree.

LuNa
    Squat:
    3x5x100kg

Power Cleans:
    5x3x60kg <-- Form was sloppy and i think the weight was a bit too much. Going to keep it here and if form does not improve, maybe drop it a little.

Chins:
    Various <-- I did two sets on the assisted one, and two negatives. The unassisted ones were pretty hardcore. I felt it through my whole core trying to stabilize my body. Going to try doing a bit more of these.

Abs: Decline sit-ups
    1x12
    1x9

Had a bit off a set back on the weekend, because i had some alcohol. Did try and make up for it a bit on Sunday, but still felt guilty. Picked it up in this new week and everything is great again. Almost one month in, so it will be interesting to see some results.

What's goin on with the squats mate? Haven't moved up in a while.
    My Journal

<----- This.

Great job on the 150kg x 5 deads too

LuNa
    I decided to keep the squats at the same weight to maintain strength while cutting. I feel going up now wouldnt be a good idea, according to what i read about cutting. Do you think i should just try and go up? Seeing as this is my first cut i am a bit unsure about things.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by benno View Post
    <----- This.

Great job on the 150kg x 5 deads too
    Thanks Benno .

I've never actually tried to "cut" as you are so I can't speak from experience, but I can't see the harm in trying to advance at say 2.5kg a week at least? Especially at your experience level, I think there's still a lot of gains to be made from just getting more comfortable with the exercise.
    My Journal

LuNa
    Feeling pretty good. I switched my breakfast to oats again (after being sick of them) and they keep me satisfied a lot longer than what i was doing. I feel pretty lean which is funny because i am still fat .

Squat:
    3x5x102.5 <-- I thought i was going to fail on the last rep but with some grunting i got it up. Had to sit down for a minute afterwards though.

Deadlift:
    1x5x150kg <-- Grip is horrible. I start loosing it on the first rep. I am going to switch to mixed, but make sure to work on grip a bit more.

Hammer Curls:
    3x8x16kg <-- Just because i like doing them .

Hopefully i have lost a bit of weight when i weigh myself on Saturday.

LuNa
    I've never actually tried to "cut" as you are so I can't speak from experience, but I can't see the harm in trying to advance at say 2.5kg a week at least? Especially at your experience level, I think there's still a lot of gains to be made from just getting more comfortable with the exercise.
    I am going to aim for 5kg a week, with increases on Monday and Friday. I started it off today with an increase. Thanks for all the advice Tom, it is very much appreciated.

LuNa
    So i am feeling pretty skinny lately, which is nice for a change, but the weight drop this week was not as big as expected. I weighed in at 106.1 which is about 0.5 kg this week. A loss is a loss but i was hoping on at least a kg. Diet has been pretty good, except for last weekend which might have been the reason for the small drop. I am going to do some measurements next week and see if am at least dropping cm's.

Squat:
    3x5x105kg <-- It was quiet in the gym so i could grunt a little more which helped . It felt pretty good but i am not looking forward to the increase next week.

Power clean:
    5x3x60kg <-- Form was ok, not strong enough though to consider an increase. I am also getting some bruising on my left front deltoid, which tells me form could be better.

Chin-ups:
    1x1 negative
    1x1 negative

Hammer curls:
    3x8x16's <-- No failed reps. I am going to switch to 5x5 for two weeks with the 18kg dumbbells, and then switch back to 3x8 to induce a bit more growth.

Pretty good day, gym was empty which is great. Afterwards i spent about half hour looking at some strongmen train. Now that was impressive!

LuNa
    Right, so i have been feeling a bit bad because of this weeks result. I need to pick up the loss if i want to look lean by summer time, Australian summer ofcourse . Especially now that i am increasing weights on the lifts again i need to focus more on refeeds and such to maybe gain some more muscle while loosing fat. I have been looking at doing some carb cycling and i will play around with fitday a bit to find out what typical days could look like. Going to have two high days and the rest relatively low. Monday and Wednesday would be high, the rest low. Will post the details when i am done.

Lookin good man! If you need help setting up a cycle gimme a shout, Im more than happy to help. Once you go carb cycle youll love it.
    Sarvamangalam!