The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Good job pounding out those squats. Watch the complexes and make sure they don't interfere with any of your main lifts.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    Thanks for the comments guys. Today was a bad day at the gym. I am having some mental problems with working out, it is just not fun anymore. My legs have been constantly sore since last week. I think it was a combination of the complexes together with the cutting diet. I might change some things to see if it works better with my cut.

Squat:
    1x5x120kg
    1x3x120kg <-- Failed on the 4th rep. My legs were shaking and really sore. However, i also feel that this was mentally. I was expecting to fail, which ofcourse happened. I decided to quit after the second set and go on with the rest.

OH Press:
    3x5x40kg <-- I havent pressed "heavy" for a while but this felt super light. I still feel some soreness in my left shoulder but this goes away after i put the bar down. I am going to increase it slowly again, with 2.5kg each time.

Power Clean:
    5x3x60kg <-- Form was on the spot because i wasnt too tired. I am going to keep it here because form can be better and i dont see the need to increase it.

Abs:
    Decline sit-upsx6 <-- Abs were really sore for some reason, so decided to cut it short.

I guess it was just a bad day, however i do feel mentally and physically burned out. I think Starting Strength on a cut might be a bit much, so i might change it a little to make it fit better. Really dont want to deviate but i feel i wouldnt be able to keep this up. Sucks!

Whats the weight at?
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Sounds like you and Zen had bad effects from the compounds. I'm glad I took it easy to start those.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Whats the weight at?
    I weighed today and it was at 105.1kg. Means i dropped around 4-5kg in 5-6 weeks.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Sounds like you and Zen had bad effects from the compounds. I'm glad I took it easy to start those.
    I think it was going to the gym back to back with pretty decent intensity. It could also be because you are just a lot stronger than i am and i cant take a bit of hard work

I would keep Off Roads comment in mind though, take it easy with the Complexes, your recovery ability isn't as developed yet.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    I would keep Off Roads comment in mind though, take it easy with the Complexes, your recovery ability isn't as developed yet.
    Yeah, i will. I wasnt planning on doing them again because it took me more time to get to the gym than that i was there. I also dont feel i really need any cardio yet. Thanks for the help, guys!

LuNa
    Last night i took a small break from the diet and i had three beers. That was really all i needed to get my ass back into gear. I am really looking forward to tomorrows gym session. Im also going to make this a no carb day to make up for last night. Will post what i plan to eat later on today. I think i might start planning a week ahead to see if that makes it easier to control. Weight is still dropping which is good. Stay tuned though, we have a long way to go

Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    Stay tuned though, we have a long way to go
    I'm staying tuned...
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

5kg in 6 weeks is pretty good, keep it up.

I love beers too, so I approve.

LuNa
    Thanks guys!

So here is todays diet:

There are no veggies, because i dont count them. Expect broccoli, onions, mushrooms, green beans and what not throughout the day. Fruit is being kept at a minimum due to low carbs.

Fish oil will be 9 caps, but i only have had three yet and i use this to keep count .

LuNa
    Great workout today. The mind is again completely focussed which is really what i needed. Weight is 104.8 which means i have dropped another kilo. Its going pretty well, i must say .

Front Squat
    3x5x60kg

Bench Press:
    3x5x50kg

Deadlift:
    1x5x160kg

Reverse Hyper:
    1x8x30kg

Goodmorning:
    2x8x30kg

Barbell Curl:
    3x8x30kg

I was really happy with the deadlift PR. Every rep went up pretty well. The last one was a grinder but it felt awesome. Front squats were light but i do like them. I am loving the change, which was really needed. The reverse hypers and goodmornings were to try out. I liked the goodmorning because my hamstrings got a really nice stretch. Curls were for teh pump in teh bicepts!!!!111!

LuNa
    The diet so far is below. Carbs are higher today, fats lower. I am aiming for about 250 grams of carbs. I need to check how high i want to make my high, low and no days. I have been aiming for the following:

High: minimum of 250
    Low: maximum of 150
    No: maximum of 100, lower is better.

High might need to be higher and No might be lower. Its set up like this at the moment for comfort.

Todays diet:

LuNa
    Played squash today with the girlfriend. Wasnt as out of breath as i first expected so thats pretty good. Diet today seems ok, might have gone a bit overboard with the steak. Today:

Dinner will be a salad so should be almost carb free. Pretty happy with the last couple of days.

You can NEVER go overboard with steak
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Lookin good since I dropped in last time Luna.

A big steak every now and then is ok .... with prawns...... and garlic sauce..... *drooooooooolz*
    She lied.... SIZE MATTERS!

Mmmm, steak.

Grilled chicken for me tonight.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemick View Post
    Lookin good since I dropped in last time Luna.

A big steak every now and then is ok .... with prawns...... and garlic sauce..... *drooooooooolz*

So today will be a no carb day seeing as i had two glasses of wine last night and some biscuits. Im a little bloated so a no carb day will have me feeling skinny again by no time. Will post what today looked like later.

LuNa
    Today was a good day however i do feel pretty hungry now. Cant wait to go to bed and start the high carb day.

LuNa
    Front Squat:
    3x5x70kg

OH Press:
    3x5x42.5kg

Power Clean
    5x3x60kg

Romanian Deadlift:
    3x8x60kg

Short but sweet.

Current macros for the day are: Total/F/C/P
    1,768/48.1/157.6/166.8

Tonight is going to be a whole bunch of carbs, which i am really looking forward to

Nice looking workout. My back is pumped just reading it. Dang kilograms though...I'm going to have to break out my calculator. I hate math
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Nice looking workout. My back is pumped just reading it. Dang kilograms though...I'm going to have to break out my calculator. I hate math
    Lol . I have to say i have become quite good at converting them from the top of my head because thats the only way i can compare myself with others on the board.

LuNa
    So today has been a bit of a weird day diet wise. Havent been really hungry since i cut out all carbs at breakfast. These are my macros: Total/F/C/P
    1,256 60.0 19.2 157.6

Might have a shake tonight depending on if im hungry. Being without carbs makes me feel pretty good and im not planning on eating unless im hungry seeing as i had about 3500 cals yesterday on my high day.

Wonder how tomorrow in the gym will feel like.

LuNa
    Front Squat
    3x5x72.5kg <-- I took my time to do these and keep everything tight. Every rep felt awesome except for the last one on the third set. I lost tightness in the hole which sucked. I think that was also happening on my back squats.

Bench Press:
    3x5x55kg <-- Felt light, form is ok. Im not sure why but i dont like any of the benches we have. Maybe its me.

Deadlift:
    1x5x162.5 <-- Wow, now this came close to failure. The last one took about 15 mins (or so it seemed) to get it to lockout. I did finish every rep but the last one was ugly. I might keep the weight here depending on energy levels next week after a good weekend.

Barbell Curls:
    2x8x30kg
    1x6x30kg <-- Pump was pretty good, even though i was low on carbs.

Energy throughout the workout was relatively low. I yawned a couple of times which is prob due to the low calories i had. Will have to keep that up more. The change to Front squats is pretty good. Im feeling good.