Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 2939

Thread: A Weak Persons Journey To Strength...

  1. #151
    Senior Member Jboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    Deadlift:
    1x5x162.5 <-- Wow, now this came close to failure.
    ^ Nice work man.

    The DL PR's are spurring me on to whoop your @$$ . Still at 110kgs though so don't hold your breath .
    Last edited by Jboy; 09-16-2009 at 01:49 AM.

  2. #152
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Jboy View Post
    ^ Nice work man.

    The DL PR's are spurring me on to whoop your @$$ . Still at 110kgs though so don't hold your breath .
    Lol, this means i cant keep the weight the same. Must increase my lead

  3. #153
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Todays diet has been awesome. Current macros:
    Cals/F/C/P
    Total 1,842/69.6/113.1/180.5

    Dinner will be relatively low on carbs so will hit my macro's with easy. Have to get up early in the morning due to Champions League football, damn time difference with Europe!

  4. #154
    Senior Member Jboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    Lol, this means i cant keep the weight the same. Must increase my lead
    Keep on piling it on, imma com'n

  5. #155
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Another good no carb day. I cant believe that i am not hungry on this many calories. Normally i would be eating my left foot but without carbs i am completely fine. Macros for the day will be around this: Total/F/C/P
    1,654/87.0/16.2/196.1

    Hopefully ill have a bit more energy tomorrow in the gym, even though i got up early today.

  6. #156
    Risk10k Clifford Gillmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    5,760
    Not cutting for summer are you?

  7. #157
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    Not cutting for summer are you?
    Unfortunately i am. I should have pretended it was still winter and kept bulking.

  8. #158
    SchModerator ZenMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,476
    Nice front squatting man! They are unforgiving with form for sure
    Sarvamangalam!

  9. #159
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    Nice front squatting man! They are unforgiving with form for sure
    Thanks Zen. I really enjoy doing them and the carryover to the power clean is amazing. Form went up on the power clean after doing front squats for two days.

  10. #160
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Nice intense, short session today. Weight is at 103.9. I was surprised seeing as the weight was already down to 104kg on Wednesday. However it is a 1kg drop so im doing pretty well.

    Back Squat:
    Warm ups
    1x20x60kg <-- First time doing these. I think it is a good idea to get my conditioning up while cutting. I really felt like doing these today so it was a lot of fun. My hands went numb after 10 reps which means i am doing something wrong formwise. Not exactly sure what though. The lower weight is also great for me to keep form perfect.

    OH Press:
    3x5x45kg

    Power Clean:
    5x3x62.5 <-- 2.5kg extra and form is completely off. Some reps were good, some were just plain ugly. Its funny that a small increase can do that.

    Decline sit-ups:
    3x8xhighest <-- might add weight next time i do them

    Hammer Curls:
    1x8x18's
    1x7x18's
    1x3x18's

    Felt really pumped after the 20 rep squat, will do these more often.

  11. #161
    Senior Member benno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    Nice intense, short session today. Weight is at 103.9. I was surprised seeing as the weight was already down to 104kg on Wednesday. However it is a 1kg drop so im doing pretty well.

    Back Squat:
    Warm ups
    1x20x60kg <-- First time doing these. I think it is a good idea to get my conditioning up while cutting. I really felt like doing these today so it was a lot of fun. My hands went numb after 10 reps which means i am doing something wrong formwise. Not exactly sure what though. The lower weight is also great for me to keep form perfect.

    OH Press:
    3x5x45kg

    Power Clean:
    5x3x62.5 <-- 2.5kg extra and form is completely off. Some reps were good, some were just plain ugly. Its funny that a small increase can do that.

    Decline sit-ups:
    3x8xhighest <-- might add weight next time i do them

    Hammer Curls:
    1x8x18's
    1x7x18's
    1x3x18's

    Felt really pumped after the 20 rep squat, will do these more often.
    Luna! Its been a while since i popped in here!

    Congratz on the weight loss mate! Im looking forward to seeing your after pictures once u finished ur cut. Im sure at 10-12% you'll look good! What are u at the moment?

    Haha, 20 rep squats, they sound evil I havent tryed them, but will someday

    Keep smashin it bro.

  12. #162
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    My hands went numb after 10 reps which means i am doing something wrong formwise. Not exactly sure what though.
    You were probably gripping the bar and trying to hold it in place. Try to find that groove between your shoulders and traps to rest the bar on. A higher bar position is more comfortable with high reps.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  13. #163
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    You were probably gripping the bar and trying to hold it in place. Try to find that groove between your shoulders and traps to rest the bar on. A higher bar position is more comfortable with high reps.
    Thanks for the advice, Off Road. I did notice my wrists to be extremely flexed and i was gripping rather hard. I also point my elbows back and up instead of keeping them down, if that makes sense. I'll give the high bar position a shot, allthough i must say i used it in the beginning and i prefer low bar more.

    Btw, i have even more respect for you doing 20 reps with the weight you are using. I was sweating pretty bad

  14. #164
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    I was sweating pretty bad
    You learn to love it
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  15. #165
    Senior Member tomv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,825
    You can easily smash out more weight then 60kg(135lbs) Luna :P. My 1RM is 125 (your 5RM seems to be something like 120?) and I did 20x82.5kg :P
    My Journal

    Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

  16. #166
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by benno View Post
    Luna! Its been a while since i popped in here!

    Congratz on the weight loss mate! Im looking forward to seeing your after pictures once u finished ur cut. Im sure at 10-12% you'll look good! What are u at the moment?

    Haha, 20 rep squats, they sound evil I havent tryed them, but will someday

    Keep smashin it bro.
    Not sure what bf i am at the moment. I can see the top of my abs and very vaguely an outline of the abs. I would say around 18-20. Im just going to keep going untill im happy.

    20 rep squats are really good, at this point. Im pretty sure ill start hating them when they get heavy.

    Thanks for dropping in Benno. It has been a while

  17. #167
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    You can easily smash out more weight then 60kg(135lbs) Luna :P. My 1RM is 125 (your 5RM seems to be something like 120?) and I did 20x82.5kg :P
    Pfff, here you go again with motivating me. Hmm, i was thinking of increasing with 5kg but i guess ill have to go for 10kg. I need to get form down though. Ye last time i did 5 it was 120.

  18. #168
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    I am being a complete post whore today, but hey its my journal . Macros for today are: Total/F/C/P
    2,909/61.3/337.7/245.9

    Its been a good day all around

  19. #169
    Senior Member tomv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,825
    Do you/Have you ever thrown up videos of yourself for other people to check out your form? Can be a good way to correct issues that you may not necessarily notice by yourself.
    My Journal

    Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

  20. #170
    Senior Member musclemick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The gym, Western Australia
    Posts
    64
    Makin good progress luna. After you cut for summer, pack on the mass again
    She lied.... SIZE MATTERS!

  21. #171
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    Do you/Have you ever thrown up videos of yourself for other people to check out your form? Can be a good way to correct issues that you may not necessarily notice by yourself.
    Tom I have actually been thinking about this. Ill have to see if that is possible.

    Mick Will do. I am looking forward to a long clean bulk.
    Last edited by LuNa; 09-18-2009 at 07:16 PM.

  22. #172
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Today has been a difficult day diet wise. Its one of my friends' birthday, so i had to join in . Im trying to keep protein high and then make up for any damage tomorrow. Hopefully it wont be too bad.

  23. #173
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Im still feeling incredibly full from my full rack yesterday, so today will be a quiet day to balance it all out. Weird though, im feeling leaner than after my no carb days. Looking forward to healthy eating and the gym tomorrow.

  24. #174
    SchModerator ZenMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,476
    Nice work man! My arms will go numbish on 20rep squats too, I wouldnt worry about it. Now, you did 20 rep box squats? Thats impressive.... and maybe sadistic.
    Sarvamangalam!

  25. #175
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    Nice work man! My arms will go numbish on 20rep squats too, I wouldnt worry about it. Now, you did 20 rep box squats? Thats impressive.... and maybe sadistic.
    Well, i use the box to gauge height rather than to take away the stretch effect. However i have been thinking about it. I was planning on doing SS with front squats for four weeks with the occasional 20 repper. After four weeks i would switch to box squats and then do occasional 20 rep box squats. After this switch back to normal squats.

    Its far from impressive yet, but im liking the addition to SS.

Similar Threads

  1. why cant girls do pushups or chins ?
    By Shocker in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 05:38 PM
  2. Got Strength?
    By THE BRUTE in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 12:11 PM
  3. So I just did the first day of my NROL strength routine yesterday...
    By brihead301 in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 09:40 AM
  4. I need your help and motivation...BADLY!
    By Superman250 in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
  5. Are women and men equal in strength? Who is strong?
    By extragame2 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 06:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •