Page 8 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: A Weak Persons Journey To Strength...

LuNa
    So the weekend was crap, diet wise and im hoping the 1kg i gained is water weight. Anyways, weekend was fun and now im back on low cals again. I feel much better eating healthy and not drinking, who would have thought that.

Front Squats:
    3x5x72.5kg <-- doing these in front of a mirror is teh suck. I will have to stop doing that. I find i loose concentration because of it.

Bench Press:
    3x5x60kg <-- Finally back to the big boy plates. Im trying to get used to tucking my elbows and i do feel stronger when im really tight. Hopefully with benching like this i can reach my goal before 2010.

Deadlift:
    1x5x165kg <-- I was super psyched to do these. The last one was a grinder again but it didnt feel as heavy as the last time. 15kg to go!

No accessory work because i couldnt be bothered!

LuNa
    Hmm, apparently my pc posted the update twice. Weird...
    Last edited by LuNa; 09-20-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Good deads mate, way to go!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by benno View Post
    Good deads mate, way to go!
    Thanks a lot Benno! Should make my deadlifting goal within a month.

Videos Luna, videos .
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

You might not be shredded with a 6 pack(yet), but your deadlift is impressive :P

Whats your Deadlift goal luna? Oooohhhh I LOVE DEADLIFTS
    Last edited by musclemick; 09-21-2009 at 05:44 AM.
    She lied.... SIZE MATTERS!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemick View Post
    You might not be shredded with a 6 pack(yet), but your deadlift is impressive :P

Whats your Deadlift goal luna? Oooohhhh I LOVE DEADLIFTS
    Thanks alot. Your deadlift is more impressive though. Im still playing catch up with you and Benno.

For now it is 180 kg. I should make that in about a month. At that point 200kg will be the next goal. After that we will see.

I love deadlifting, it is amazing. The intensity you can put in it is amazing. I completely loose any sense of where i am. Its just me and the weight that needs to go up.

I really want to get a belt though. I feel that could help a bit, however i have no clue what to get.
    Last edited by LuNa; 09-21-2009 at 07:02 AM.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    Videos Luna, videos .
    I know, i know. Maybe on Friday, when there are less people in the gym.

titan australia sells belts, they are of a good quality and apparently he has great customer service as well.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

LuNa
    titan australia sells belts, they are of a good quality and apparently he has great customer service as well.
    Thanks alot for that!

Edit:
    Their site is still under construction so im not completely sure what to get. Do you use a belt Tom?
    Last edited by LuNa; 09-21-2009 at 07:02 PM.

LuNa
    Yesterday was a good day. Ended the day with the following macro's:
    2,305/92.3/144.2/214.9

Today should be slightly lower carb wise. Really hope that i didnt mess up the whole week with one weekend, but we will know by Friday.

Try contacting him through the powerlifters.com.au forum, his username is TitanAustralia, I highly recommend using him. I don't use a belt currently mate, I don't feel I'm skilled enough yet in a regular squat to worry about belted. Maybe in a month or two though.
    Last edited by tomv; 09-22-2009 at 02:39 AM.
    My Journal

LuNa
    Try contacting him through the powerlifters.com.au forum, his username is TitanAustralia, I highly recommend using him. I don't use a belt currently mate, I don't feel I'm skilled enough yet in a regular squat to worry about belted. Maybe in a month or two though.
    Thanks for all the information. Good point you raise about being skilled enough. Maybe i will get one and use it whenever i finish off this cut. Thanks again Tom.

LuNa
    Diet has been spot on the last couple of days. Weight was back down to last week's number, so hopefully i can get a loss when i weigh on Friday. Short but intense workout which was made more difficult due to the amount of dust that was in the gym. I wonder who thought it was a good idea to leave all the windows open when there was a "sand" storm.

Back squat:
    1x20x70kg <-- 20 reps is such a mental thing. Every rep i want to give up and put the bar down. This felt pretty good though and im happy i did it.

OH Press:
    3x5x47.5 <-- Shoulders are still uncomfortable when doing these but they dont really hurt. I do feel that it is hard for me to progress in this lift, not sure why.

Power Clean:
    3x3x62.5kg
    2x3x60kg <-- I wasnt happy with form so i dropped the weight a little. I feel im not racking the bar like i should. Energy was also a bit low.

Energy levels are starting to become more of a problem. Im tired when i wake up and tired throughout the day. Might have to incorporate more naps.

I take a nap every day...nice job on the squars. Those 20 reppers get addicting.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    Thanks alot. Your deadlift is more impressive though. Im still playing catch up with you and Benno.

For now it is 180 kg. I should make that in about a month. At that point 200kg will be the next goal. After that we will see.

I love deadlifting, it is amazing. The intensity you can put in it is amazing. I completely loose any sense of where i am. Its just me and the weight that needs to go up.

I really want to get a belt though. I feel that could help a bit, however i have no clue what to get.
    "Its just me and the weight that needs to go up."

I like the attitude

Haha, busting out the 20repperz again. Nice one!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I take a nap every day...nice job on the squars. Those 20 reppers get addicting.
    They deffinitely do. I really like the addition of them to my training program at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by benno View Post
    "Its just me and the weight that needs to go up."

I like the attitude

Haha, busting out the 20repperz again. Nice one!
    Thanks Benno.
    Last edited by LuNa; 09-23-2009 at 12:27 AM.

LuNa
    So i have been looking at the website Tom directed me to and i like the looks of the following belt:

However, im not sure what the difference is between having a belt with a lever and a normal belt. Also, i need to get more information on belts as it is. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by LuNa; 09-23-2009 at 12:32 AM.

LuNa
    Diet today has been pretty spot on. Macro's for now are:
    1,810/80.1/114.0/156.1

Dinner will be steak and sweetcorn so I will perfectly hit my macro's for today.

I'd probably ask your questions about the belt in the WBB powerlifting foru, or in the australian forum mate, much more traffic ;-). Good work on the diet.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    So i have been looking at the website Tom directed me to and i like the looks of the following belt:

However, im not sure what the difference is between having a belt with a lever and a normal belt. Also, i need to get more information on belts as it is. Any advice would be appreciated.
    belts are an awesome tool, most guys use them to push their abs against to create a stable base.

I'm looking into a lever belt myself, you can get a lever belt MUCH tighter than a regular. You can also set it to the same position everytime, which is cool. 2 prong belts are OK, but sometimes you need another person to get it super tight for PR's.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    belts are an awesome tool, most guys use them to push their abs against to create a stable base.

I'm looking into a lever belt myself, you can get a lever belt MUCH tighter than a regular. You can also set it to the same position everytime, which is cool. 2 prong belts are OK, but sometimes you need another person to get it super tight for PR's.
    Thanks alot for the info Risk.

I'd probably ask your questions about the belt in the WBB powerlifting foru, or in the australian forum mate, much more traffic ;-). Good work on the diet.
    I registered fr the australian forum but i need to be approved first or something . Will post it here in the powerlifting section though. Thanks.

Nice deadlift goals mate. 227.5kg is about 501lbs I think. That was my aim, felt good to smash it!
    She lied.... SIZE MATTERS!

Lookin good in here mate!

That belt you pictured is excellent! Inzer Clasp?
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Lookin good in here mate!

That belt you pictured is excellent! Inzer Clasp?
    Thanks Unholy. Its a Titan Toro Lever.
    Last edited by LuNa; 09-23-2009 at 05:03 PM.