The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

LuNa

A Dutchie's Journey Towards Strength

First of all, a bit of background information. I was born in The Netherlands and i am now 22 years old, 6" 1 and 220 lbs. I have had this weight for a long period of time (since i was 15, give or take). When i was 17 i decided i was done being that heavy and i dropped 55 lbs. It all slowly came back on when i went to university. I have never done any real weightlifting or sports, except for the occassional game of squash.

In January of this year i moved to Australia to attend university there and i decided it was time for me to change. I started working out, without any knowledge thinking i would be big within a week. How wrong i was.

I am now four weeks into Starting Strength after being directed to that program by Nockits. It has become pretty clear that i am incredibly weak for my weight. I see guys half my weight lift double the amount of weights i am. It is pretty frustrating sometimes, but i keep trying. Maybe i am just being a little bitch, so i really need to get a grip.

I decided to start a journal so i can keep an eye on my progress and to maybe get some help from you guys who have already helped me so much. So, here it goes.

Today was workout B of the program so i started with
    Squats
    5xbar
    5xbar
    5x20kg
    5x40kg
    3x50kg
    1x52.5kg

3x5x55kg <-- i was really tired after doing these

Press
    5xbar
    5xbar
    5x10kg
    5x15kg
    3x20kg
    1x22.

3x5x25kg <-- failed on the first set after 3 reps, second set after 2, third after 1. Third time i am doing this weight and it just does not seem to get stronger.

I have been doing the row instead of the power clean because i read that without a coach it would be really difficult to get proper form down. However, with trying to be less of a little bitch i tried to do the power clean today. Not sure what the reps were at first (trying to nail the form) but i am sure i did the following:
    5x3x20kg

Was not able to do my chins because 4 people were hogging the assisted machine and i cant do them by BW alone. First week of doing dips and chins btw.

Diet: 3300 Kcals, 294 grams of protein.
    Last edited by LuNa; 09-28-2009 at 05:42 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!