Thread: forearm pain!

Wannabebig Member

forearm pain!

recently my forearms have been killing me. whenever i bench or do dips today they felt like i had shin spilts but on my forearms. it used to only hurt when i used a st bb to do curls, but they also started to hurt when i did ez bar curls and db preacher curls. what could be the problem?

work your forearms every now and then, they're just really weak and the strain hurts em

Wannabebig Member
    alright....but i feel the pain in the bone itself

I have the exact same problem. The doctor told me that it's tendonitis. I'm not completely convinced of that, but I don't have another answer.

Wannabebig Member
    but i'm 20 yrs old....can i still get tendonitis this young?

I'm 22. So, yes, if it is tendonitis that I have, you could possibly, too. I would suggest that you turn your hands slightly when doing curls so that the weight is distributed differently than it currently is. Also, use straps when you're doing an movements that involve pulling a bar up, like Deadlifts or Barbell Rows. That will save your forearms from getting blasted so hard.

Yeah, you can get tendonidis at almost any age I think. I have a 17 year old friend that has Tend. in his elbow

Banned
    I'm no doctor, so take this with a grain of salt, but I used to get stabbing pains in my forearms when I did biceps stuff. I went and got some massage work done by a friend who does 'myofascial release' and she worked on my arms for almost two hours, 'separating' the muscle fibres and whatever else it is that she did.

The pain was dramatically less the next time I lifted and now it just burns a bit at the end of a workout, like on the last set of 21s I do or something like that.

Personally, I think it's a combination of the muscles in the forearm being 'all bound up', and also being weak; I don't know that you need to train forearms separately until you're starting to get pretty big, but I guess it can't hurt... I keep a couple DBs under my couch at home and every so often I'll yank 'em out and do wrist curls and rotations on one of the rare occasions I watch TV...

Cal
    Last edited by Relentless; 04-18-2002 at 07:52 AM.

I get the same thing sometimes, especially when I let go of the weight and this sh-t hurts for days. Instead of letting go right away, keep your hand clenched on the bar after setting it down then slowly take your hand off the bar.
    Do wrist curls and also alternatr hammer curls with regular curls every week. The hammer curls take the pressure off your forearms.
    Since I've been doing this I haven't had that damn pain again.