The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

A Quick Question for Travis

Was watching some more recent Louie Footage in which he said:

Quote Originally Posted by Louie Simmons
    We Do Extreme workouts every 72 hours, Small workouts every 12 or 24, I workout in the mornings... I always train that night

Is this still done? And if so, what is he doing during the extra workouts? SPP/GPP/????

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Yeah just about everyone does this. AJ, Greg, Luke, Tony Bologne all do them.

AJ and Tony come in at night and Greg does them at the gym he works at. Luke, I'm not sure where he does his other stuff

But mostly it is just sled dragging, prowler pushes for the SPP/GPP stuff, along with some light tricep stuff or light DB bench work

I've noticed the guys who put in their extra work consistently hit more PRs and bigger ones, as well as being more recovered from their workouts

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post

AJ and Tony come in at night and Greg does them at the gym he works at. Luke, I'm not sure where he does his other stuff

But mostly it is just sled dragging, prowler pushes for the SPP/GPP stuff, along with some light tricep stuff or light DB bench work

I've noticed the guys who put in their extra work consistently hit more PRs and bigger ones, as well as being more recovered from their workouts
    I guess its time I "liberate" my prowler from 1-0-7 lol

Iron4Life
    Travis - does any kind of small workout work? Like rehab or playing sports with the kids?
    With work, family, etc.. the 2nd workouts are tough to get in.. especially without much of a home training area...
    But, I've got some light DBs/KBs to do overheads & swings, kids who run or play volleyball, foam roller.. and a 100 lb beerkeg to carry around...

Ive noticed just being active and not sitting watching tv really helps my recovery. However im still lifting pretty low numbers so recovery isnt a major concern yet.

Banned

More info?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Travis - does any kind of small workout work? Like rehab or playing sports with the kids?
    With work, family, etc.. the 2nd workouts are tough to get in.. especially without much of a home training area...
    But, I've got some light DBs/KBs to do overheads & swings, kids who run or play volleyball, foam roller.. and a 100 lb beerkeg to carry around...
    the keg carry would be good, so would the KB swings and some light DB work.

I guess it just depends on how long you are playing sports with your kids and the level of intensity for it to count or not, but I'd probably still throw something else in there for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad08 View Post
    More info?
    On what the guys at the gym do? or more info on guys being recovered for their workouts and hitting more consistent PRs?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned

On what the guys at the gym do? or more info on guys being recovered for their workouts and hitting more consistent PRs?
    Yes.
    More of the first for me though.

Banned
    On what the guys at the gym do?
    Yeah, just more info on what the guys do, exercise wise, volume wise, etc. Is it planned out, trained progressively? Or just kinda haphazard. Or maybe it doesn't really matter as long as you're getting some work in? LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Brad08 View Post
    Yeah, just more info on what the guys do, exercise wise, volume wise, etc. Is it planned out, trained progressively? Or just kinda haphazard. Or maybe it doesn't really matter as long as you're getting some work in? LoL
    Yeah this kinda stuff can be over thought very easily. No it is not progressive.

It's sole purpose is to increase blood flow, rehab the muscles etc.

It's about 30min med-high intensity. No longer than 30min. You'll be surprised how much better you feel. Well, you'll feel like crap after the 30min, but the following day you'll feel extremely well.

Banned
    Yeah this kinda stuff can be over thought very easily. No it is not progressive.

It's sole purpose is to increase blood flow, rehab the muscles etc.

It's about 30min med-high intensity. No longer than 30min. You'll be surprised how much better you feel. Well, you'll feel like crap after the 30min, but the following day you'll feel extremely well.
    So something simple like lighter sled work, complexes, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Reko View Post
    Yes.
    More of the first for me though.
    I've gotten more into tire flips myself, as well as just regular ol' cardio on the eliptical.

Sled drags, prowler pushes are a mainstay, but dimmel deads are common, as well as high rep DB benching.

The reason you want to do the sled or prowler or tire flips or whatever is because even though it is just to get the blood moving, it does need to be somewhat specific for it to be completely effective. So, this is why I don't just do cardio every day.

You can mix it up, tire flips or prowler pushes the day after ME bench, sled drags (or prowler again I guess LOL) after ME squat, dimmel deads and light tricep pressdowns (high reps) after DE bench and then cardio after DE squat.

Use your imagination, but be consistent. It's difficult at first, but once you get the hang of it, the benefits are well worth it.

Thanks for this info, Travis.