The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Go Heavy or Go Home!!

Ever Have One of Those Days??

I read Vin's thread which is similar, not the same, to my question. But did not want to ask this in his thread.

Have you had one of these days?

I spent the whole weekend pretty much doing yardwork and relaxing with the wife and daughter. Since Monday was a paid holiday I went to the gym a few hours earlier than normal, without having worked all day (metal stud framing & drywall). I went in and did my warmup bench and when I hit 315 it felt like a ton. I managed 3 reps then went to 365 and did not feel good at all. So I dropped back to 225 and did 3 sets of 8. The rest of the workout went the same, like I was dragging ass. Was I overwoked? Not into it? Was my scheduled messed up? Any thoughts?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Here here!! Lately my performance has had more ups and downs than the stock market.
    ...she looked so much cuter with something in her mouth...

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2140245

I've had some of the best workouts under crappy conditions and hungover, and then I've had horrible workouts when I felt great physically and mentally... go figure. I think the key is just to stay consistent with your diet and training through these peaks and valleys, and make progress over the long haul, forgetting about a bad session here and there.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

I think you've been on a long stretch of max weights for awhile and it's time to recycle-recover and get a plan together to meet new goals.......
    Sponsored by TITAN

Quote Originally Posted by GHOGH View Post
    I read Vin's thread which is similar, not the same, to my question. But did not want to ask this in his thread.

Have you had one of these days?

I spent the whole weekend pretty much doing yardwork and relaxing with the wife and daughter. Since Monday was a paid holiday I went to the gym a few hours earlier than normal, without having worked all day (metal stud framing & drywall). I went in and did my warmup bench and when I hit 315 it felt like a ton. I managed 3 reps then went to 365 and did not feel good at all. So I dropped back to 225 and did 3 sets of 8. The rest of the workout went the same, like I was dragging ass. Was I overwoked? Not into it? Was my scheduled messed up? Any thoughts?
    Wow you had the same day as me last friday! I went into the gym feeling a bit tired (had been doing a lot of partying lately) and got pinned under 315! thats a weight i have been able to triple for about 6 months now! Everything was super slow. Even singles at 285 were painfully slow.

Anyway yeah i guess it happens, i blame mine on my partying and lack of proper nutrition. It was a bit of a wakeup call and im tracking my cals/ protein in fitday and in my log now. Hopefully makes the difference. Wish i could tell you more about your situation, but thats mine.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by Pete22 View Post
    I've had some of the best workouts under crappy conditions and hungover, and then I've had horrible workouts when I felt great physically and mentally... go figure. .

I've had days where I'll get something like 5 or 6 hours of sleep a few days in a row (I usually get 8) from all the school work, walk into the gym ass tired, then walk out feeling great with a bunch of new PRs. I have no idea why this is. I think rest is definitely a long term thing - a lack of sleep will definitely catch up with you.
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.