The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Take a look at my new program...

It's about time for me to lose some weight, so I plan to switch from Maki's PL program to the WBB-program I, but with a little twist. I've replaced some of the exsercises because I don't feel confortable doing them. In addition I have added som Cardio into my training routine.

Take a look and feel free to critique...

Day 1 : Chest and Back

Chest

Cycling 15min

Flat Barbell Bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Low Incline Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Dips : 2 x 6-8 reps

Back

Pulldown : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Barbell Rows : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Shrugs : 1 x 10 reps

Cardio 30min

Day 2 : OFF

Day 3 : Legs

Cycling 15min

Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Leg Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Leg Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Standing Calve Raises : 4 x 10 reps

Cardio 30min

Day 4 : OFF

Day 5 : Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps

Cycling 15min

Shoulders :

Military Press in Rack : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Seated Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Standing Lateral Raises : 2 x 10 reps

Triceps :

Narrow Grip bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
    French Press : 2 x 6-8 reps

Biceps :

Barbell Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Hammer Curls : 1 x 6-8 reps

[I]Cardio 30min[I]

Day 6 : OFF

Day 7 : OFF

and I plan to do Cardion on either Day6 or day 7.
    so how does this look?

thanx
    Cent

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I have just made the same program, but you cant bench one time a week and expect anything, so I bench on day 1 and 2, and do back and biceps and tricpes on both.

And I Cena I made Madi and his other friends look silly when we competed in triceps pulldown yesterday.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

you bench two days in a row???

and you were at the gym yesterday? fooker i was there too...hehe i forgot to call you...btw we should match up our programs, so we can train together like in the good old days...

and madi and his fookers are nothing but horsepoop..think that they are so big and stuff...

they dont think so anymore, No I ment day 1 and 4, jeeeez I GOT A FREAKIN TYPO CURSE.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

MACHINE
    Originally posted by Rock
    I have just made the same program, but you cant bench one time a week and expect anything, so I bench on day 1 and 2, and do back and biceps and tricpes on both.

And I Cena I made Madi and his other friends look silly when we competed in triceps pulldown yesterday.
    Can't bench once a week and expect anything? Come on bro, how long have you been a member here? There's no need/advantage to bench this often if you are working out intensely. As do most other people, I bench once every 6-7 days.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

yeah but you will get stronger faster benching twice a week.

yeah but you will get stronger faster benching twice a week.
    [Sarcasm]
    Wow, glad to see you've learned something from being on this board for so long. [/Sarcasm]
    Last edited by ElPietro; 04-17-2002 at 07:55 AM.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

We got some ex powerlifters in my gym, they learned me a great deal about benching, and benching 2 or three times a week is a strenght exploder, and I after started doing it 2times a week I am quite happy with my results.

but that sarcasm kinda comes out wrong since there are only a handfull people here with 320+ bench max.

but that sarcasm kinda comes out wrong since there are only a handfull people here with 320+ bench max.
    What does a 320+ max bench have to do with anything? I don't ever max but I guess if I went by one of those charts I'd be around there...but I would never use that to justify a statement since it doesn't really mean much. I've had great gains and train once per week or less on bench.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I also had great gains with one day a week bench, but when you want more rapid gains benching two times a week will make change things alot.

enough....STFU Rock and go start your own thread about benching...

now...C'mon people...help me out with my training program???
    any inpuT???

can you do Cardio everyday??

Rock, the way he's doing things he doesn't need to bench twice a week, though you are right that in certain circumstances it can be very helpful.

Just not in this case.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Cent-- you *can* do cardio every day, but you don't need to.

I'd recommend 15-20 minutes light for 3 days a week at first, say 3-4 weeks, then start doing intervals once or twice a week, then 15-20 min. light on the remaining day.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

I would get rid of the cycling for 15 minutes prior to each workout. You are only using energy that would normally assist you in your lifts. Cardio afterwards isn't bad for you...it's just counter-productive to adding mass. But if your goal is to cut I think it's not a bad idea.

You have 4 off days though...you could pick 2 or 3 and run in the morning for 30-40 minutes. That would probably be the best option but not sure how your mornings are.

Current FFFA Enforcer

thanx guys... I'll drop the cycling before training, but keep the Cardio afterwards. And i'll do cardio on day 2 and 6...just going easy in the begining...and intervall later on.

Cenaturion why the hell are you telling me to shut up when I know you and how your body works since we have done the same and trained every day together for the past two years, remember when you got to 120kg and I to 130kg, when we both had been stuck for 6 freakin months, well Makis bench program where we benched 2 and 3 times a week was the routine that made our strenght go up in just three weeks, and prior to that we had been benching only one time a week and it didnt give us ****, so that why I said that.

i know it was a good programand I'm glad that oyu know how my body works....wait..that sounded gay...whatever... Anyways, Maki's program is for bulking and therefore I can't use it, since I'm trying to lose some weight.

In the summer, when I have more free-time, I'll switch back to Maki's program and become a Benching slut...but for now, i'll only bench once a week...