The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: 6 cups

is 6 cups of brocli a day enough veg?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Hmmm...all in one shot thats a lot of veggies. I'm not sure how much vegetation these guys eat though. I think it is enough, definitely. I take it you're eating more than just six cups of broccoli a day, however.

I'd barf on 6 cups of broccoli.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    dayÖonly then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

i use to but i havent been enough of it. i use to eat 2 cups 6x a day

This is what I found about broccoli on msn health network.

This champion crucifer speaks many languages and is welcome in cuisines worldwide -- steamed, stir-fried, blanched, baked, raw. But it's not always the most wanted veggie in the West and that's unfortunate.

True, broccoli may not have won any presidential medals, but it has heroic potential to fight today's major diseases: (1) It's stuffed with compounds that may block cancer. One of these steps up the body's production of a weak estrogen. This weak version seems to replace the "real" estrogen that's implicated in breast cancer. (2) It offers heart protection through vitamin C. This antioxidant vitamin helps keep arteries elastic and helps prevent blood from getting sludgy. A single serving of broccoli gives us 97% of our Daily Value (DV) of vitamin C. (3) It contains glutathione, which may reduce the risk of arthritis, diabetes, and heart disease, as well as bolster the immune system, lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and keep people at a healthy weight, according to a small, recent study. (4) It helps guard against cataracts and the leading cause of blindness over age 65 -- macular degeneration -- because it's rich in beta-carotene and its cousin lutein.

How much do I need? The amount of broccoli you might need to prevent disease hasn't been quantified. But Walter C. Willett, MD, DrPH, chairman of the department of nutrition at Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, advises you to put it on your weekly shopping list right now -- in any quantity. Broccoli can definitely be a contributor to your total score of five fruits and vegetables. Incidentally, just 1/2 cup is considered a serving, and delivers an impressive 2 grams of fiber!

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I personally love broccoli. Normally on weeknights, with dinner, I have like 3 cups of the green shiat.

An easy way to ingest tons of broccoli (and other greens) is to make Saag (an indian dish with spinach/swiss chard/brocolli)

I don't have a recipe but I think you basically take the ingredients, blend them up, steam them in a pressure cooker with curry powder, ginger, garlic, oil, and salt and voila.

It turns out looking like a green spread that you can put on pita or use as a side dish with rice.

but doesnt steaming your veggies for to long kill of the vitamins?