The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    awesome job. Top 3 in your class at a very quality show is impressive. You would do great on a natural stage.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Great physique man! After looking at your first set of pictures (in which you didn't look fat at all, just bulky), I could tell you were going to be a beast in contest shape. Congrats man!
    Thank you Chevelle... I don't know about that "bulky" look that I had; 220 pounds for me was pretty damn fat! I still can't believe that I was actually 50 pounds over contest shape! That's mind boggling to me. I won't go past 200 pounds for a loooooooooooong time. I'm shooting to stay under 190-195, unless I happen to attain a good deal of muscle, which I won't mind at all!

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    awesome job. Top 3 in your class at a very quality show is impressive. You would do great on a natural stage.
    Thank you very much. I just may enter this exact contest again next year, while I have an NPC card and I'd like to see if I can take my weightclass next year.

I do believe that my focus of future competitions will always be in the Natural contests, well simply put because I'm natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    That is freakin' AWESOME!
    3rd place, you really showed that you belong on that stage. Good for you...now go lift
    I was very very happy with this placing. I can't say it enough! I wanted top 5, and I said top 3 would be the icing on the cake.

Here is a link that has a handful of pictures from the Finals of the NPC Northern Kentucky BBing Championships. The link is for the Middleweights, obviously, but you can look through the rest of the weightclasses.

I think I could have taken 1st in the Novice Middleweights, which I was contemplating on entering. I'm happy I entered into the class that I did, as there's no benefit of being 1st in a weightclass that doesn't seem as up to par.

Again, I believe that the winner of my weight class was a given when I saw him pump up.

http://rochelle-hubs.smugmug.com/BOD...25249951_PxqpG

Offroad,

I have about 6 workouts to post, they are already typed up but I left my flashdrive at home, so it will be another day before they are posted.

I will be getting back onto the DC routine, similar to what I did before I started dieting. I am pumped for that routine, I'm expecting some big things from it.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 04-04-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Big update... I just decided to jump back onto a Pull/Push/Legs mini split until I decided upon what my focus would be over the next few months. So here are the following routines...

Tuesday 3/30 @ UC

Cybex Calf

190x20 210x12/10/12

Wide BB Rows
    185x12
    205x8 Drop 135x10

Rack Deads Wide
    315x6
    335x5

Wide Pullups
    BWx 6/6/5

BB Preacher
    70x8/7

DB Spider Curls
    25x9/9

Rear Cable Laterals
    40x10/7/10

Seated Calf
    90x12/12/12

Reverse BB Curls
    65x12

Hanging Leg Raises
    3x20

*** Solid workout. First one since the contest and Iím already feeling better throughout the day and the workouts; energy levels are very high. Not happy with only getting into the single digits on Pullups. Iíll be doing a lot more Preacher Curls over the next few months.

Wednesday 3/31 @ UC

Inc DB
    75x9/9

Standing Military
    135x6/6/6

Flat BB
    175x8/8

Cleans
    135x10/10/10

Seated Overhead X
    60x11/11

Wide Up-Right BB
    95x15/13

Dec CG BB
    135x10/10

BB Shrugs
    135x10/10/10

DB Laterals
    35x10

Tri Straight Bar Pushdowns
    100x12

*** Very weak on the Standing Military, I tend to push more weight when Iím seated, but Iíll be working on these. I want to work through all the various Military pressing exercises to really develop my Delts. Actually Iím very weak on all of my pressing movements right now; I hope my strength starts to rebound soon.

Thursday 4/1 @ UC

Cybex Calf

210x12
    230x9
    250x7

HS Hack Close
    455x10
    495x6

SLDL Close
    275x8
    315x3

Paramount Leg X
    85x15 Drop 70x10 Drop 55x15 Drop 40x10

Leg Curl
    115x15 Drop 100x10 Drop 85x10

*** I was very surprised to rep the 455x10, I wanted to stay w/the higher reps, but I was feeling it. The veins in my quads were exploding when I was at the bottom of each rep- it was rather sick. Iím still mad that my veins werenít popping at my contest! It was a short and sweet workout, and the Leg X super dropset was killer, but the Leg Curls werenít great since the pad is very bulky so I the contraction portion is limited.

Friday 4/2 @ UC

T-Bar w/25ís to Chest

125x16
    135x10

Pullups Neutral
    25x7/4/2/2

Inc Curls
    35x10

Straight Bar Curls Close
    70x15

Rear DB Laterals
    30x10/10

Rope Lat Pulldowns
    60x20

HS Preacher
    1 arm 25x18/7
    2 arm 25x20

Abs Inc Sit ups S/set Knee Ups

*** The T-Barís were great! The handle is a bit wider than a normal V-Bar, and pulling it into my chest helps me focus on my upper back, which I need to develop. The Pullups were great, and I was happy to be able to handle these with a 25 LB DB b/t my knees. I really liked the higher reps for Biís. The HS Preachers were great also. Iíll definitely continue with the higher reps for Biís and even Triís.

Saturday 4/3 @ UC

Cybex Calf

Single 90x12/12/12
    Double 170x16/20

Inc DB Fly
    35x18

BN Military
    135x9/9

Rev Low Inc. BB
    175x7/7

Leaning DB Laterals
    35x12/13

Low Inc CG
    135x12
    140x12

Low Inc Cable Fly
    30x15 Drop 20x12

Wide V-bar Pushdowns
    140x6/7

Cybex Tri X
    80x25

DB Shrugs
    65x13/12

*** Quick and efficient. I meant to start off w/higher reps on the Reverse BB Bench. I had to utilize the Low Incline due to the Power Rack that I was using. The Tri pushdowns were great w/the wider bar, I think Iím beginning to learn how to best work my Triís; Iíll re-evaluate it in a few weeks.

Sessions are looking excellent, nice variety of movements man.

Thanks for sharing the link to your comp!!

For the past week or workouts I have gone without the use of wraps. I noticed a while back that my grip was extremely weak, which was due to my overuse of wraps. I used to have great grip strength, especially when I was PLing, but I've become to dependent upon wraps. I probably held myself back on a few grip-oriented exercises, but I assume w/in a few weeks my grip will be up to par for those exercises.

I decided to go back to the DC routine. I intended on starting it next week, but I started it this past Tuesday. I'll try to run it until I'm done with school. I will not have access to the school gym over the summer (we pay the fees for when we are attending school). During the summer months I don't know if I'll buy an expensive 2-3 month membership, or just utilize my Apartment complexes weightroom (it's not bad, I just can't get much in for Quads).

My last workout before starting DC training...

Sunday 4/4 @ Skytop

Sumo SLDL

295x5/5/5

Squats PLing
    315x5
    365x2/2

DB Leg Curl
    60x20
    (superset)
    45 Deg Leg Press (Low and Close)
    585x15

*** Loved this workout! I tried to get it in quick as I picked up the pace. My grip was a problem on the SLDL's. I was happy to handle the 365 as this is my first attempt @ PLing Squats in maybe 2 months. I want to get my power back over this summer, I'd like to be pumping 405 for a higher # of reps, and 455 for a couple.

DC Training I started my 1st workout for DC on Tuesday and I'm going to try to run it for 8-10 weeks, which will take me to the end of the quarter. I'm making a small modification of my own for the routine, which is I'll be lifting every other day rather than the M-W-F split that's recommended. I'll throw in an extra day of rest as I see fit, but I will always have 1 day of rest b/t all workouts.

I'll also be throwing in some extra Trap and Rear Delt work. I realize that I need to work on every aspect of my physique and not slouch on it- this also includes my Abs and Calves, as those are areas I just do when I want to. I'll be keeping track of the what I'm doing for all bodyparts. I'll be doing Abs roughly every other day, and those workouts will consist of Hanging Leg Raises and the Ab-Wheel (something I can do at home).

I'll be doing A LOT of cardio. As stated before I naturally do cardio 4 days a week by walking to and from school, which equates to about 1.5 miles at a brisk walk. My wife and I enjoy taking the children on walks, so we'll be doing that a lot more when the weather becomes consistent, so that will add another 2 miles per every walk.

I recently ran the stadium stairs in a HIIT fashion and loved it. I sprint up the first 15 steps, then walk down and sprint up the next column of 15 steps, etc. I also did some short sprints, maybe 20 yards, then walk to the other side of the stadium to hit those steps. I loved how I felt afterwards. I really want to work on speed as well during this summer---I think it's important to maintain ones athletic ability.

Contests I'm un-decided on when I'll do another contest, there are a handful in October and November that I'm contemplating on doing, but they are NPC events. There are more Natural division contests in the earlier part of the year, so I'll weigh the possibilities when the time gets closer, but now it's time for me to improve.

Goals I want to focus on my weak points, as well as highlight my strong points. I'm going to keep hammering away at my Legs. As stated above I'll be focusing on my Calves a lot more also. My arms as a whole need to grow.

I want to add a solid 5-7 pounds of muscle by August. One thing I need to do is keep my weight steady though, I've blown up 10 pounds easy after the contest. I stated that I don't want to get past 190 for the foreseeable future, so we'll see how that goes. I won't stick with that if I happen to like what I see in the mirror, but 190 is just a marker for me, as I think 175 pounds ripped is my ideal competition weight.

I jumped back onto my diet today. I'm going to try following what I assume is a UD2.0 style diet or the TNT diet by Men's Health. I'm going to try for 1 main carbohydrate meal, and the rest will consist of Protein and Fat. I'll be doing re-feeds, but how often I'm not sure- I'll be playing it by ear. I plan on going 3-4 days low carbs then a re-feed. How high the carbs will be I'm unsure. I'm thinking of doing 1 very high carb re-feed on the weekend, then a mid-week medium carb re-feed.

I'm going to try to become more precise in experimenting and learning about my body.

The one thing I think I've learned is that I love HIT training, so that's the reason for me going back to the DC routine, which I'd like to run for a few cycles. I'll have to see how my body reacts do the different styles of dieting.

Here's to EXPERIMENTATION!!!!

Good to see you putting so much thought into you goals. You should succeed. Does it feel good to eat semi-normal again?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I'm a little hazey about goals as they relate to your diet. While I think it is commendable and best to stay so strict post contest like you're doing. It just sounds to me like you're attempting to lose weight not "add 5-7". Especially since 5-7 true pounds of muscle is probably more the scope of whats achievable in a year for a seasoned natural, not a few months with a modest calorie increase.

And I don't understand why you would be refeeding... it's not necessary unless you're in a calorie deficit. Although I suppose you could argue their purpose on a very low carb but high cal diet. Either way, neither of those are a very anabolic state for the body to be in.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

DC is very interesting. I'll watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    I'm a little hazey about goals as they relate to your diet. While I think it is commendable and best to stay so strict post contest like you're doing. It just sounds to me like you're attempting to lose weight not "add 5-7". Especially since 5-7 true pounds of muscle is probably more the scope of whats achievable in a year for a seasoned natural, not a few months with a modest calorie increase.

And I don't understand why you would be refeeding... it's not necessary unless you're in a calorie deficit. Although I suppose you could argue their purpose on a very low carb but high cal diet. Either way, neither of those are a very anabolic state for the body to be in.
    Well 2 points, one of them I never finished my thought in the post above. And I see why it made no sense reading through it at first.

1.) I had anticipated on maintaining a lower calorie diet for 2, maybe 3, weeks and play around with the various things I discussed to see how I felt and responded to the different dieting strategies. I was hoping a 3 week cycle would give me a "rough idea" of how my body responded. Things changed when I decided that I wanted to get back onto the DC routine this week. I plan on hitting each bodypart basically twice a week, so I quickly realized that I'll have to scrap my idea of "cutting" and just put that off for later.

2.) With my diet currently, I'll be fluctuating my calories between 2,300-2600 for the first week or 2 to see how my weight gain goes. I assume after 3-4 weeks I'll be within the range of 2,500-3,000, and then see where my weight gain sits, but I'll have to see how things play out during that time.

On your second point, I was thinking of playing around with trying a diet of lower carbs but with a positive caloric intake. I assumed that with following a diet of that type that I would need to up my carbs on specific days or throughout the week. That's something that I may play around with later.

I'm hoping that with more consistency than ever and learning more about my body that I'll be able to average 1 pound per month, which would equate to 5 pounds by roughly August.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 04-09-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    DC is very interesting. I'll watch this.
    I've gone 1 round with DC and loved it. I recommend giving it a shot if you haven't already.

I have 2 workouts to log in, but I don't have my log book. I'm loving it again already!

Here are the first 2 workouts...

Tuesday 4/6 @ UC

HS Inc Press (wide grip)

230x10+4+2

BN Military
    145x6+4+4

Inc Skull Crushers
    60x15+9+6

Deads
    335x5
    365x3

Pullups (wide grip)
    BW+25x5+5+3

*** Definitely an A workout to begin this cycle of DC. Not thrilled with the weights on everything, but the workout was a good one. I forgot my belt so I cut the reps short on the Deads, I'm aimming for 385 next workout. I'm a bit high on the reps w/my Tricep movement, but I just like higher tricep work. I'd love to bang out double digit weighted Pullups before I move up in weight.

Thursday 4/8 @ Hyde Park

Sumo SLDL

315x6+6+3

Behind Back Shrugs
    135x12+5+6

BB Preachers
    70x12+4+4

Seated Calf Raises
    90x15+5

DB Hammers
    55x5+4+3

Squats
    315x8
    225x15

**** I probalby cut the reps short on the SLDL by 1, but these are tough to do, so I may have to alter the rep scheme on these as I really love these-- my hamstrings have really come along due to these. Preachers always kill me, and I finally got the movement down to really feel the Seated Calf Raises (always hated these due to the lack of feel). I was satisfied w/the Squats, but I'd like to see the weights take drastic jumps over the next few months (I'm talking 405 for multiple reps). The Shrugs and Trap work is my own add in, I can't train heavy for Shrugs as i simply HATE it so that's the reason for light Trap work.

I'm more or less looking at these first 2 weeks as a prep into this DC cycle. I ran the last one for 6 weeks maybe, so I'm expecting to run this one for about 8-10 weeks.

Tomorrow is the 3rd workout and looking forward! Came up to visit family and ate some filling foods so I should be full and ready for tomorrow!
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 04-09-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Banned
    excellent workouts. ive always been interested about DC as well.. def keep us posted as to how it pans out. do you have a time table for another show or are you going to gain for a while and see what happens?

No doubt you'll be taking your squats to new heights and all around as you see fit.

Keep hanging tough with the shrugs.

4/10 @ GC

Inc BB

185x7+5+4

Leaning DB Laterals
    30x15+10+8

Overhead BB Ext.
    70x13+8+8

Pullups (Neutral Grip)
    BW+25x7+6+4

BB Rows (Underhand grip)
    215x10

Rear DB Laterals
    35x8+6+6

*** I went out of town to visit family so I tried to incorporate exercises that I can do at any gym; this will allow me to utilize the same workout next time around. I've become a fan of Incline BB, but I still don't get Flat BB, but I was high on the reps for the Delts and Tri's for sure. This first week has been a tough one--quite a bit of DOMS going on. I'm probably going to have to alter the timing of a few exercises, such as not doing Deads one workout and then Sumo SLDL's the next. I will either switch the timing of the exercises or just switch exercises.

f=ma: I'm hoping that I can run this cycle longer than my last one, and I think after this first 2 weeks I'll really be in a groove as my pre-contest routine was a lot more random and less structured-so I'm getting re-adjusted to someexercises. I think the earliest that I'll do a competition would maybe be October/November. I intend on entering the same show I just did in 2011, NPC Northern Kentucky, and then a few Natural shows in the Spring of next year. I plan on seeing how a few cycles of DC Training work for me first, so that will be a good 5 month process or so and then I'll re-evaluate.

OffRoad-- I forgot to respond to your comment- YES! It feels good to eat normal again and in normal satisfying portions! I did go overboard the first few days, but I got back on track last week and I've had a few Dos Equis Amber beers this weekend, but I'll be back at it Monday. I'm thinking I'll be a clean eatter Mon-Fri and not so clean on the weekends.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 04-10-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Glad you like the inclines, I know guys who leave flat benching out all together.

Good deal on targeting the Northern Kentucky 2011, at the rate you're going you'll take it!!

Banned
    looks like a solid plan. i am eager to see how DC pans out for you. i am a big fan of the neutral grip pullups.. its much easier to force lat contraction for me

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Glad you like the inclines, I know guys who leave flat benching out all together.

Good deal on targeting the Northern Kentucky 2011, at the rate you're going you'll take it!!
    I've never been a great BB Presser but I believe they have their place in any workout. I'm thinking of doing Flat BB for my third chest exercise. I need a weighted dip belt so I can do Dips-- If I can manage to hold a DB for the sets I might throw those in since I haven't done Dips in years!

I'm aiming to take my class at the NKY, overall would be another issue, but conditioning is appreciated at that contest. I'll be dieting for a longer period to come in leaner. I'm going to re-evaluate when I'll compete next by the end of the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    looks like a solid plan. i am eager to see how DC pans out for you. i am a big fan of the neutral grip pullups.. its much easier to force lat contraction for me
    I'm hoping to run it for a longer cycle than I did last time. I had a previous weight that I didn't want to go beyond (190), but I'm just going to do what's comfortable for me. I have to make sure I feed my body enough to recover from these workouts. If I get back to 195, similar to January 1, 2010, then I just want to be bigger and possibly leaner than I was then.

I also know what you're talking about on the Neutral Grip Pullups, I can really focus the exercise to my lats. I almost prefer them over any other hand position on Pullups.

Monday 4/11 @ UC

BB Curls (close grip)

100x9+5+4

Seated HS Leg Curls
    90x15+6+10

DB Shrugs
    70x15+8+8

Rope Curls
    110x12+8+8

Cybex Calf Raises
    150x15

HS Hack Squats (wide stance)
    515x8
    315x20

**** I definitely under-estimated my strength on basically every lift! It was a great workout still, but I'll be upping the weight on basically every exercise when I get to this workout again. Every bodypart felt thoroughly exercises and stimulated, but not exhausted-- I really shoot for that type of feeling, just a good thorough workout of each bodypart exercised. I really like this HS Hack Squat, it has a great feel throughout my Quads and Hams. I'm really looking to improve my Legs even though they've become a strength I want AMAZING legs. I'm really honing in on the mind-muscle connection-- it's been better than ever!
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 04-13-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Blah. Don't waste your time with flat BB. You can build a great chest much better with everything but it IMO. If you want strength and strength that carrys over to other lifts it has it's place, but from a purely aesthetic bodybuilding standpoint I firmly believe any pressing variation IC, DC with DB or BB provides much more purpose. That's my opinion though, maybe I'm just bitter towards it because I suck at it but I know that hasn't hindered me BB wise.

I think if you hammer away at your weak points and give them hell you can definetly take your class next year. You diet was fantastically successful for 10 weeks. Given 3-4 more and you'd have taken your class at the show likely. I know you said you felt that conditioning was heavily weighted in your show and I'm sure your right. Conditioning is going to take it 99% or the time in any small natty show. What I've witnessed OCB wise is you could have the same upper body as the guy next to you, and your legs could be an easy 2, maybe 3" bigger but if he's a hair more conditioned he's walking with the first place not you. I think you'll do tremendous next go round and I greatly anticipate the journey.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Excited to see how you do with DC. I liked it, but thrashed my joints. Make sure you cruise properly! I've done the TNT diet a couple times (last 2 summers). Worked well. Easy to follow. Just a basic carb cycle.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Holy s*** dude, I haven't checked in here for a while, and I just noticed about the contest and saw the pics you posted....I had no clue you were so damn jacked like that! You can't tell that you look like that judging by your avatar, haha. Congrats about the contest, especially doing it natty in an untested contest!!! Awesome work!!!!
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

DC looks interesting. I'll be watching to see how it works for you.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    That's my opinion though, maybe I'm just bitter towards it because I suck at it but I know that hasn't hindered me BB wise.

I think if you hammer away at your weak points and give them hell you can definetly take your class next year. You diet was fantastically successful for 10 weeks. Given 3-4 more and you'd have taken your class at the show likely. I know you said you felt that conditioning was heavily weighted in your show and I'm sure your right. I think you'll do tremendous next go round and I greatly anticipate the journey.
    I've been bitter at Flat BB forever! It's a beast I would like to conquer, but I've been able to find a benefit of it, but I would agree that Inc and DB's for various angles might be better. I've become a fan of HS machines for Chest exercises.

I'm hoping to hammer away and build up the weak areas, and strengthen areas on myself that others neglect (Legs and conditioning). I'll definitely give myself another 1-2 weeks, but I'll have to see where my BF % is at next time around, as I'm considering a contest in early October, but like I've said I'll wait until July/August to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Excited to see how you do with DC. I liked it, but thrashed my joints. Make sure you cruise properly! I've done the TNT diet a couple times (last 2 summers). Worked well. Easy to follow. Just a basic carb cycle.
    I have a natural cruise built in as I'll be going out of town and just doing "basics" during that time. When I did TNT I didn't have many carb-up days, so I guess I'd say I really didn't do TNT. I do want to play around with carb cycling and re-feeds and things of that nature. I'd like to incorporate a short cut this summer and pick a style and see if it's something I'd like to do for my next contest prep.

Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Holy s*** dude, I haven't checked in here for a while, and I just noticed about the contest and saw the pics you posted....I had no clue you were so damn jacked like that! You can't tell that you look like that judging by your avatar, haha. Congrats about the contest, especially doing it natty in an untested contest!!! Awesome work!!!!
    Haha thank Brihead. It was great to finally do it, I was thinking that when I was pumping up, "I can't believe I'm finally doing this ****, now let's not get scared out there". It was really nice to get down to such a lean BF %, something I've never been at before.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    DC looks interesting. I'll be watching to see how it works for you.
    I've hit it once before and it worked out well, this should be a better gauge this go round. I'm looking to do 2 cycles though.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 04-16-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Wednesday 4/14 @ UC

Flat BB

205x8+5+4

HS Military (facing pad)
    180x6+4+3

HS Pulldowns
    190x9+6+4

HS Dips
    200x10+6+5

HS Supported Rows
    230x8+6+4

*** This was definitely my best DC workout thus far, so I assumed these first 2 weeks as a warm-up into the routine. My Flat BB ended with 195 last cycle in November, so that's a good sign, but I was hammering out 200 for reps on HS Military during my contest prep. I really loved the 2 Back exercises, and the HS Dips were very nice-- I'm trying to get the focus onto my triceps, which I think I accomplished, but I'll tweak it a bit more next workout. My back was feeling some DOMS after this workout, as well as my chest and shoulders.

I took 2 days off before I get to my next workout because I needed it. I'll go with the 2 days off when the routine suggests, every 2 weeks, but I needed 2 now.

I'm trying to decide upon my Quad dominant exercise for tomorrow's workout-- I'm thinking Front Squats, but I'm not sure if I could manage the 20 rep set w/Front Squats? I'll test my manhood on the 20 reppers!

Way to kick some ass. Maybe I'll see you on stage next year! I'll be doing a bunch of pro qualifiers to make the most of my dieting down.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Banned
    nice nice. so when you say 8+6+4 etc does that mean youre hitting 8 reps then very short rest then continue? front squats are tough as hell much less 20 rep FSs. keep pushing it!

I don't think barbell bench is a great choice on DC. I preferred DB, smith, or HS. I think hammer machines are perfect for DC training. Shelby Starnes is back on DC and doing almost all machines now.

I did carb ups from Friday night to Sunday night (what the plan called for). I think that is overkill. People always debate how much takes to fill you back out. Two full days is probably a bit much.
    Last edited by cphafner; 04-16-2010 at 07:31 PM.
    My Journal