Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Time+Patience Plus Consistency

Hey mate, Been busy? Havent seen a post for a while!

Lets see those workouts big fella.

Quote Originally Posted by benno View Post
    Hey mate, Been busy? Havent seen a post for a while!

Lets see those workouts big fella.
    I've eased up on the Consistency part haven't I?

It's been a busy/****ty/exciting 3 weeks or so... got flooded out of my apartment, so the family and I were living out of a hotel and taking care of business, then we moved, then we had our 2nd child.

I've been totally off schedule with my routine and diet, I keep vowing to myself that the next day is the day that I get back onto my diet, maybe I will tomorrow?

I'm switching up my routine, as my workouts need to be shorter, so I'm going to cut back the volume, and I've been reading various journals and websites, and I may try HIT style training or something similar, 1-3 very hard working sets.

I'll be consistent again starting Monday. I gotta balance life now with the newborn.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    It's been a busy/****ty/exciting 3 weeks or so... got flooded out of my apartment, so the family and I were living out of a hotel and taking care of business, then we moved, then we had our 2nd child.
    Wow man, you're being tested in a big way - wish you all the best with the new arrival!!
    Last edited by Coke; 08-07-2009 at 03:02 PM.

Gratz on the new arrival mate! All the best! Hope to see u back soon!

I have decided that if I want to be able to get my workouts in, that I have to have some very flexible workouts and a flexible schedule, while also having much shorter workouts now with 2 kids.

I decided to try workouts that are pretty similar to the HIT methods. I basically do one all out set, with very strict form, Rest Pause, and negatives to get the job done, and these are usually very painful to say the least.

I'll be posting a long list of workouts that I have to log in here...

August 12th

Rack Deads
    405 x 3 ** definitely started off to heavy
    315 x 8
    225 x 5 Negatives

BB Rows
    135 x 10/10/10/8/8

DB Curls
    40 x 11 + 3 Negatives

Concentration DB Curls
    25 x 8/8/8/8/8

August 15th

Decline HS Press
    275 x 15 + 5 Negatives

Flat BB
    135 x 10/8/8/8/8

August 18th

Squats
    275 x 10 + 5 Negatives **I really felt these negatives

Leg Extension
    85 x 8/8/8/8/8

Standing Push Press
    135 x 8 + 4 Negatives

DB Upright Rows
    45 x 8/8/8/8/8

***Legs were shot after this workout, the Standing Push Presses were hard to do without my legs wanting to give out.

August 22nd

DB Rows
    85's x 15 + A lot of Negatives

DB 2 Hand Rows
    85'x x A lot of damn Reps

Concentration DB Curls
    35's x 10 + 6 Negatives
    35's x Failure

**I had to workout at home, and all I have are a pair of 85's and Select Tech DB's. I did the 2 Arm Rows with just one 85, it was hard to grip it, but it was actually a nice feel for my back, it was very similar to a T-Bar Row.

August 24th

Incline Machine Press
    155 x 12 + 5 Negatives

Low Cable Crossovers
    30 x 10/10/10
    20 x 10/10/10

August 25th
    Squats
    315 x 6 + 5 Negatives

Sled Calve Raises
    135 x 10/10/10/10 + 5 Negatives after every set

Slow Squats
    225 x 10/10

Lying Leg Curls
    95 x 10/10/10/8
    80 x 10/10

**I think I stopped short of what I should of done on my Squats. I'll get 10 reps next time.

August 28th

HIIT @ 12 MPH
    60 sec sprint/75 rest
    60 sec sprint/75 rest
    90 sec sprint/ Cool down

Standing Push Press
    135 x 10 + 5 Negatives

Sled Calves
    140 x 10/10/10

T- Bar
    95 x 12 + 5 Negatives

Cable Side Raises
    30 x 9/9/9
    20 x 10/10/10

Cable Rows- Underhand
    120 x 8/8/8
    105 x 8/8/8

Standing Box Jumps
    3 sets X 10 jumps

**The HIIT felt great, my endurance is up a lot. 60 seconds used to get me good. I'll increase the workload or the time, or decrease the rest periods.

*** This workout really kicked my ass, I was drenched after my set of T-Bar Rows. I also am working on speed and quickness during the summer, by doing the HIIT and Box Jumps.

August 29th

BB Curls
    70 x 27 + 5 Negatives

Close Grip BB Press
    175 x 15 + 4 Negatives **Not getting the feel I'm looking for on these.

Standing Single Arm Cable Curls
    40 x 10/10/10/10/10

Tricep Pushdowns
    70 x 10/10/10/10/10

** I surprised myself on the BB Curls with 27 reps. I had to get this in before work today, so it wasn't the best workout, it was better than nothing.

I weighed 189 today. I lost to much weight over the past month, while eatting like hell during that 4-5 week stretch, I'm looking "skinny" not lean.

My diet is close to where it was in June and early July. If I can take my diet and body to where I want it I should get into the 170's, a weight I haven't been at in years.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 08-29-2009 at 06:36 AM.

Keep it up mang! Would like to see more frequent updates, hows body composition coming along?
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Good deal with the update(s)...no question you'll find a way to keep on track.

Thanks Unholy and Coke, I'm trying to stay consistent, if it wasn't for that damn 4-5 week mishap, I'd would be very happy with where I was at, because I know I lost substantial muscle mass, while adding some fat onto my back, which is my "fattest" area, so more work to do now.

Tuesday Sep. 1

HIIT
    3 x 60 sec Sprint @ 12 MPH
    75 sec Sprint @ 12 MPH

HS Decline Press
    315 x 15 + 5 Negatives

Flat BB
    135 x 3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3

Wednesday Sep. 2

Leg Press- Wide
    595 x 12 + 8 Negatives

Sissy Squats
    BW x 10/10/10

Seated Leg Curls
    75 x 12/12/12/12/12/12/12

**The Leg Presses hammered me really good. It's apparent that you can't go much higher intensity when you do 1 extremely tough set for Legs. My legs were feeling this everywhere the day after.

Thursday Sep. 3

HIIT
    3 x 60 sec Sprint @ 12 MPH

Pulldowns- Wide
    150 x 12 + 10 Negatives

Pulldowns- V Handle
    135 x 10/10
    120 x 10/10

Pullovers
    60 x 10/10/10

BB Curls
    80 x 20 + 5 Negatives

Cable Curls- 1 Arm
    35 x 10/10/10/10

** My back and Bi's are definitely feeling worked after this workout.

I'm still dieting and trying to maintain the muscle. I'm also experimenting with this workout. In between my sets I do some intense stretching, so I try to stretch whatever muscle group I'm exercising and stretch the hell out of it. So far my chest and back are really noticing the results from it.

I like the HIT style routine so far, I'm throwing in 1-2 other exercises that I try to get 10 reps for, and I like it thus far. My body is sitll adjusting to the routine though.

If my diet goes well, and I think I'm comprehending my body right, I may enter a BBing competition next year, but I need to fully work on my weaker areas.

If I can get my strength up over the winter, I might also do a PLing competition before the spring, but I'll see how things play out.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 09-10-2009 at 09:03 PM.

I'll update the rest of my workout later....

Friday Sep. 4th

DB Side Raises
    35 x 20 + 5 Negatives

DB Side Raises
    30 x 10/10/10/10

Overhead DB Ext.
    75 x 15 + 5 Negatives

Rope Pushdowns
    80 x 10/10/10/10/10

** The negatives are extremely hard on the Tri Ext's and the DB Side Raises, I can barely resist the weight, it just wants to fall, but I like these 2 exercises for my HIT sets.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 09-07-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Looks fine dude, got to be staying on it in here.

Benno/Coke/Unholy...

What's your opinion on strict number records for what you are eatting? Prefer it or not, helpful or not? I know Unholy does, I've seen his journal.

Wednesday Sep. 9th

DB Curls
    45 x 20 + 5 Negatives

DB Concentration Curls
    30 x 10/8/8/8/8/6/6

I actually wanted to do Legs on this day, but I couldn't find the time. I decided to get in some Bicep work at home, as they are one of my weakest bodyparts, and I always slack off on them, so I'm determined to hit them hard for months, and see where they go from here.

Thursday Sep. 10th

SLDL
    235 x 15 + 5 Negatives

Leg Press (Feet were High and close together, Toes pointed out.)
    625 x 25 + 5 Negatives

BB Lunges
    135 x 10/10/10

**Boy this workout was a bitch. I woke up early and ran 2 miles, then did the SLDL's.

** On the Presses I was rounding my back to much, which did not feel good. I was really feeling these presses within the split of my Quads though, which I didn't expect. I took some long rest pauses, to find my form, but I could have done more, so I pussed out again.

** I'm trying to work on my Hamstrings still, it's hard to do HIT Quad/Hamstrings exercises in 1 workout, so I may continue to split it. My Ham's are feeling it, and the Lunges were magnificent.

I'm not keeping track of every morsel I eat, and I am contemplating on doing just that, but I am eatting what I need to.

I get a few extra carbs in when my son won't finish his damn food (I hate to waste good food, so I eat it; he needs to learn that Daddy is dieting, and that I can't eat his damn carbs, so he needs to eat them) Oh well, kids and their picky eatting.

Delt's and Tri's are up next.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 09-10-2009 at 08:56 PM.

Banned
    TP, you are a very strong OH presser and I will follow along. Nice work on the HIIT. I need to do more of that myself.

Keeping track of what you consume may come in handy...probably a good idea to keep clearing the table of all leftovers, it's the only way to go no matter what imo, lol - ...Nice leg day and bicep work.
    Last edited by Coke; 09-11-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Friday Sep. 11th

Push Press
    145 x 15 + 5 Negatives

DB Side Raises
    30 x 12/12/12/12/12

Skull Crushers

Tri Extensions
    Finishing workout later

** I have to note that my whole posterior chain is hurting. Those SLDL's and Lunges worked out very well.

I can go heavier on the SLDL's though, and I didn't do my accessory Hamstring exercise.

I am also feeling where my Quads were being worked, right within the middle of my Quad, that split. I'm going to alternate Leg Position on these also, and work every area of my Legs.

*** I had to "cheat" on the Push Presses, but the negatives really hit me hard, and my Delts were pulverized by the end of this workout.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    I'm gonna get straight to the #'s...

My diet #'s will look like this...

Workout Days

Calories- 3,300
    Fats- 25%
    Carbs- 34%
    Protein- 41%

Non-Workout Days

Calories- 2,800
    Fats- 40%
    Carbs- 20%
    Protein- 40%

**I am going to be incorporating Olive Oil, Flax Seed Oil, and Fish Oil and Whey.

Any comments, questions, or concerns, regarding my Diet, training, or anything else, please shoot me a message.

How do you do your food; weigh it on a scale or just read every label and do the math? Can you point me towards a good system for measuring?

Give an example of breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between snacks. Do you have days where you literally just stuff your face and then get back on schedule in a few hours or the next day because of a stress of some sort?

Looks good. I'll be anxious to see how things turn out for you. The picture labeled "110" is impressive, it looks to be a good bf level for you.

Monday September 14th

** Woke up early and put in 25 minutes on the Elliptical.

Pullups
    BW X 8/8/8/7/7/6/6

Pulldowns- V-Handle

120 x 10/10/10/10

** Had to do Pullups, as my lower back and hammies were still recovering. The Pullups felt very good though, nice and controlled.

** The V-Pulldowns hit exactly where I wanted it to. My Christmas Tree is looking quite right.

Tuesday September 15th

Flat DB Bench
    70's X 15 + 5 Negatives
    *Technically did 20, as I still had to get the weight up for the 5 Negatives.

Pullovers
    55 x 10
    60 x 10/10

DB Hammer Curls
    40 x 12
    45 x 10
    50 x 5/5

* I started to do a few sets of cable X-overs, but my chest was shot and extremely pumped.

** Did 6 sets of 100 meter sprints, felt quick for the 1st 4 sprints.

I am still tweaking my routine; my goal is to be able to workout more frequently, but with lesser volume than normal. Every once in a while I will skip the HIT session and do something different, i.e. 50 reps on Pullups.

My Bodyweight is down to 182 now, I am losing weight a little to fast still, so I need to up my calories a bit, but my leanness is almost the best it's ever been.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 09-15-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by He's dead Jim View Post
    How do you do your food; weigh it on a scale or just read every label and do the math? Can you point me towards a good system for measuring?

Give an example of breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between snacks. Do you have days where you literally just stuff your face and then get back on schedule in a few hours or the next day because of a stress of some sort?

First off, I don't measure anything, I eyeball it. I usually use the numbers off of the label,and when I need to I estimate it.

I'm thinking of measuring though, and I will, whenever I buy a scale at least. I think measuring could keep one on top of their nutritional game more, and maybe open your eyes as to how much you are or are not eatting.

Currently I am trying to just log what I eat daily and see where I lie with my calories.

Here's a sample of what I might eat daily...

** I try to eat 3-4 different meats a day, and I'd like to get more Red Meat in, but money is non-existent right now, so more Peanut Butter, Tuna, and Milk.

3 whole eggs, pour some egg (white) beaters, couple pieces of steak/chicken/beef, veggies

Spoonful of Peanut Butter

Protein Shake w/Water

Steak/Chicken and Veggies

Tuna (2 cans) 1 avocado, and some extra's

Shrimp and veggies

*I may eat a handful of nuts, or another spoonful of Peanut Butter, maybe some Cottage Cheese.

If I know I haven't ate much, at some point in the day, I'll add in extra olive oil in somewhere.

I will only have a bowl of cereal, quinoa, or some carbohydrate if I know that I'll be working out or burning a lot of calories that day.

As for the binge days, I try not to go crazy for a whole day, that's if I can help it. I'll usually try and limit it to 2 meals, and only 1 if I'm very good. I try not to over binge on both Fats and Carbohydrates, you have to limit the fats if you're going pasta and bread crazy.

I can say I won't feel guilty if I have a hell filled binge out weekend, but I'm not competing or focusing on anything right now, so what the hell. With the way my life runs, I just don't have it in me to be perfect with every piece of food I eat.

If you need a little extra strictness in your life, start with the daily log www.fitday is a website a lot of folks on here use. There numbers are not always 100%, but it could make it easier for you.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 09-15-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Here are a few recent pictures. Question for picture posting pro's, these came out really blurry, any recommendations. I'm using photobucket, is that a good site? How do I condense them down, as that probably makes it worse.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 09-15-2009 at 08:48 PM.

killer legs man!!! What expercise's would you say help develop them the most? Front squats? I do back squats and my quads get big around, but not in front like that, only slightly.

Wow dude, excellent new shots!! - your hard work is paying big dividends.

Wednesday Sep 16th

Leg Press * Stance: Low and Close
    755 x 10 665 x 10 575 x 5 Negatives

DB Walking Lunges
    60 x 10/10/10

Leg Curls
    80 x 12/12/12
    95 x 8/8/8
    30 x 50

Leg Extensions
    20 x 50

** This is how I should be doing Leg Presses, it was extremely hard but it felt great, I was jittery and shakey for some time, this was the true definition of a HIT Leg session.

** I actually did the Leg Curls and Extensions later after work, by then my Quads were really feeling these EXT.

Thursday Sep. 17th

DB Military
    60 x 12 + 5 Negatives

Overhead DB Ext.
    75 x 15 + 5 Negatives

Cable Side Raises
    30 x 12/12/12/12/12

Cable Pushdowns * V Handle
    110 x 12/12/12/12/12

** I'm going to do BB Overhead Ext. next time, I get an odd pull in my shoulders w/the DB's.

** I'm getting a great feel in my Side Delts on these HIT Shoulder sessions.

My legs are not to soar from yesterday's workout, they feel just right actually. I'm going to do some Trap work later tonight.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 09-17-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Fine job man, did very well both days.

Hey bro,

You are looking really awesome, great photos... Loving the wheels mate. Its great to see you back and hitting it up hard again. Hows your eating now?

LuNa
    Nice pictures!