Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1507

Thread: Time+Patience Plus Consistency

I wish I could get my legs to look that even (front/back/side/side). I have a big sweep and big hams (relatively speaking) and it makes my legs look thick from the sides but narrow from the front. Nice job bringing up the balance and quality.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Awesome wheels mate
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Always impressive Scott.

I see very light feathering on the top of your sweep coming in. Good stuff
    Last edited by Behemoth; 03-17-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I wish I could get my legs to look that even (front/back/side/side). I have a big sweep and big hams (relatively speaking) and it makes my legs look thick from the sides but narrow from the front. Nice job bringing up the balance and quality.
    Legs have always been a strength of mine, and I'm happy about that. Too many guys have the big arms, or chest and lack everywhere else. I know my upperbody doesn't wow, but it isn't a weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Awesome wheels mate
    Thanks Kiff, trying to make them spectacular!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Always impressive Scott.
    Thanks Terry, I'm just staying consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    I see very light feathering on the top of your sweep coming in. Good stuff
    I thought I was seeing some feathering as well. My left quad actually has natural striations I guess you could call it, so when I lean up they come out rather well.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Wednesday March 16th

Lying Leg Curls

160x15
    175x12

Cybex Calves
    230x10 (DC Style)

T-Bar Rows
    150x15
    160x13

SLDL
    315x7+4

Standing Pullups
    BW x 40 total

HS Seated Leg Curl (dropset)
    80x19
    45x19

HS Decline Rope Rows (dropset)
    115x13+7
    90x8+8

***** Sub-par workout. I felt very weak on the SLDL's, but I started strong on the leg curls and hammered away at my hams. I was feeling the T-bar rows and pullups, but not my new decline rope rows. If you are allowed a throw away workout, then this one would probably be it.

Thursday March 17th

Incline BB

165x9
    185x4+2

DB Military
    70x7/6

Flat DB
    75x8+5+3

DB Side Raises
    30x23

Incline DB Side Raises
    20x a lot

Cybex Bench Press
    130x12

**** Strength definitely looks to be declining with this workout. I decided to slow down the negatives a bit and really hammer out the feel of everything. I really killed my delts with all of the DB raises, the incline DB raises are very interesting to say the least. I love this Cybex bench the ROM allows for a lot of freedom.

I have somemore recent pictures to post up, which show a big improvement definition-wise compared to the last batch of pictures. Will have them up later.

Already put in 10 minutes of cardio and circuit ab work. Now i'm off to go hit quads and calves.

Banned
    damn!! you are rocking and rolling with the cutting progress, great job, quad definition looks outstanding

Banned
    workouts look like they are dipping a bbit but thats the nature of the low BF dieting. awesome job man. i would love it if you throw up some more detailed info on how you are going about what you are doing

You majorly hammered the hammies.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Here are some of the most recent pictures. Abs and intercoastals are coming in quite well finally. I do slack on my ab work though, so I'll be picking that up a bit. Vascularity in getting better daily.

The dinner plate was some General Tso's Chicken. When I put my time in the kitchen I can make some tremendously good stuff! It was a low carb meal though, high fats due to frying some of it, but it was great!

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    damn!! you are rocking and rolling with the cutting progress, great job, quad definition looks outstanding
    Thank you Tim. My quads always come in well, it's everything else that takes its sweet ass time.

workouts look like they are dipping a bbit but thats the nature of the low BF dieting. awesome job man. i would love it if you throw up some more detailed info on how you are going about what you are doing
    I notice the strength dips on certain exercises only though.

I'll make sure that I get more detailed from here on out, it's good for my own future use as well. I have been looking back at last years prep in my journal.

You majorly hammered the hammies.
    I agree, I did more than I normally do. Still disappointed in the SLDL strength.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 03-19-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Looking great in that shot, and the plate of food is looking even better, lol - you can thrown down in the kitchen, make no mistake.

General's chicken with my two favorite veggies. That's like the ultimate meal. Man, that looks goooood!
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Friday night I decided to change up my workouts. The last 2 workouts weren't the best and I just felt there was something missing. I've been having the itch to go back to DC training, but I think the 2 day split would be too much, so I decided to work with the 3 day split.

The DC 3-day split is a simple Pull/Push/Legs with minimal volume still. I'd rather just hammer those few sets out to the maximum rather right now.

Friday: 25 minutes of cardio in the evening. I varied it with some running at 9 MPH @ a slight incline and then back down to 4.5 MPH @ a high incline. I was sweating good and it felt great.

Saturday: 15 minutes of LISS fasted cardio.

I went up to the school gym on Saturday and found out that they were closed. I decided that this week was as good as any to go get a free 1 week trial at a local gym and a local tanning place to get my pasty self a little bit of a tan.

Saturday March 19th

Squats

345x9
    370x5
    405x1

Lying Leg Curls
    150x17+8+6

45 Degree Leg Press
    605x20

**** Plain and simple workout. I simply love squatting heavy for low reps. I give OffRoad the credit for doing 20 reppers on a regular basis, that's just not for me. My form was a bit inconsistent, but nonetheless happy with the #'s I put up. The lying leg curl machine was a bit different, but I loved it. I finished off my legs with this leg press, the kind that I love. I also threw in the calf work for good measure.

Sunday March 20th
    Cardio: 25 minutes of fasted MISS cardio.

1 Arm DB Rows
    85x14
    95x9

Standing Pullups
    BW x 12+6+4

T- Bar rows
    140x16 (wanted 20, but couldn't do it)

BB Curls
    95x8+4+4

Reverse BB Curls
    75x10+6+5

Incline DB Curls
    30x16 (wanted 20)

Rope Curls
    100x21

Straight Arm Cable Pulldowns
    50x21

**** Great workout. I'll have to learn to like DB Rows, never been a fan of them, but I know that they can benefit your back when done right. My pullups were on point, but not very strong when I think about it. T-Bars finished me off, while the curls were excellent, all 4 exercises actually. I did some cable pulldowns to finish my lats off. I also did a good deal of calf work, more so than I did the day before.

Things are moving along very nicely. Very happy with the progess that I made over this past week, couldn't be happier. I'll definitely be ready for a contest in May! My outlook is starting to become more positive about where my progress will be in 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Looking great in that shot, and the plate of food is looking even better, lol - you can thrown down in the kitchen, make no mistake.
    I never know what makes photobucket delete pictures? The food was great BTW. I'm feeling better and better about my contest prep with these most recent shots.

General's chicken with my two favorite veggies. That's like the ultimate meal. Man, that looks goooood!
    I want to make it again! I'm trying to go back to my roots of getting in the kitchen. I love cooking a good meal that others my wife can enjoy. She gets tired of chicken and rice, or chicken and pasta, or chicken and etc....

Banned
    scott, its funny you are talking about a 3 day push/pull/legs DC routine. i was reading about that very thing and trying to set something up. i am still coasting on my 4 day routine right now.. but i am going to do DC starting in about June/July provided i am 100% to train. i read the dctraining.blogspot.com and have taken a glance through intense muscle's DC FAQs, which are enormous and pretty hard to sift through. do you have any resources you'd recommend? i would def love to see the full outline of what you had in mind

whats weird about DC is that it definitely looks like its not enough volume per workout. other trainees echo that same commentary... but the results speak for themselves and I suppose i need to open myself up to a new style of training.

always disliked db rows too. they mess with my shoulders ha. i'm probably doing it wrong

Glad the switch got you motivated. Both those workouts looked impressive. Holy crap at all the curling. And hey, 20 reppers aren't for everybody, I just prefer repping to maxing.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

scott, its funny you are talking about a 3 day push/pull/legs DC routine. i was reading about that very thing and trying to set something up. i am still coasting on my 4 day routine right now.. but i am going to do DC starting in about June/July provided i am 100% to train. i read the dctraining.blogspot.com and have taken a glance through intense muscle's DC FAQs, which are enormous and pretty hard to sift through. do you have any resources you'd recommend? i would def love to see the full outline of what you had in mind

whats weird about DC is that it definitely looks like its not enough volume per workout. other trainees echo that same commentary... but the results speak for themselves and I suppose i need to open myself up to a new style of training.

always disliked db rows too. they mess with my shoulders ha. i'm probably doing it wrong
    I'm a big advocate for the DC program, but I do believe you need that background and experience within lifting and understanding your body, which definitely applies to you. I think you'd thoroughly enjoy it once you get into the swing of things. You won't feel underworked that's for sure.

I have a word document at home of posts and threads that I've saved that I just looked back on and that's the reason I jumped back onto the DC train and am working the 3 day split out. There's an interview that I have where Dante really hammers things out with the basic routine and gives some knowledge about it.

Are you more interested in the 2 day or 3 day split?

I really responded well with the 2 day split, and I was eatting excessive calories 4,000-4,500 a day and cruising along nicely. This is my first run with the 3 day split, and I think I prefer the 2 day split because it always gives you a day off between workouts and allows for multiple compound lifts to be incorporated. I'm more hesitant to incorporate too many compound movements during this 3-day split.

I'll give a very detailed outline of how I'd run the program and how I think things through when it comes to how I set up DC. It will take me a bit to get it developed, but I think it could help to get a good idea of how someone similar to you would run it, as I think you and I are comparable in terms of BW, strength, etc.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 03-21-2011 at 08:00 AM.

LuNa
    Big difference in the physique, Scott. Legs are definitely looking great, shape and symmetry wise. Good to see you on top of things and rethinking the training a little. You will definitely be ready by May.

Jeezzz.... wheredidlean.com come from!

Do you find you slowly pull it together for a comp or do you find it goes OK then all of a sudden it will all fall into place? Just curious it is so alien to me

A Westside journal.

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

What you did over the weekend is very nice guy, like those efforts.

Banned
    your recent progress is VERY impressive. nicely done. with low carb too.. makes me think. berardi's get shredded diet is low carb also......

i am going to do the 2 day split with DC. i was able to spend some time today sifting through the scattered puppy pound threads putting stuff together. it seems like the program layout is very simple and its all about how you lift, not so much which compound youre doing for this or that. i would really like to take a gander at anything you have done being that you know far mroe about this than i

House Lannister
    Am I seeing light striations in your tris already?

You're leaning out really well Scott. Do you feel like you're maintaining muscle mass pretty well?

I figured that it's about time for me to be a bit more specific as to how I've been doing with the diet.

I can be honest with myself and say that I did not do my best midway through January and well into February. I had to reset things and try to find where my maintenance was at the end of Februrary. I finally got to the point in March as to where I should be with my calories and everything and as you can tell since early March I've made some big improvements.

This past Saturday I had a higher calorie day as I was dragging mid-week last week. I did that also since I was hitting legs and back the following day with increased cardio so I figured the extra calories wouldn't hurt.

Saturday I started off good with my first 3 meals and then I had a burger, some chips, a few cookies, and a few beers. I felt terrible after drinking so that's going to cut out completely for a while.

Saturday I ended up around 80F/400C/220P, putting me around 3,200 calories.

I've been manipulating my calories and carbs slighty on workout days and non-workout days.

If it's a workout day I keep everything absolutely clean, meaning only natural fats are in my diet.

I'll take in macro's that are around the following:
    225P/200-220C/40F Calories = 2,200
    Workout Days:
    I'll eat 3-4 whole meals that are Proteins and Carbs with around 40 grams of each
    Post Workout will be a Protein Shake and some carbs such as cereal, oatmeal, bread, a bagel, or some type of sugary candy.
    I try to eat one of my meals close to the post-workout window after my shake, and it might be a bit larger than the other meals depending on when I workout and what I've already ate for the day.
    I'll end my last meal with 30 grams of protein maybe in form of yogurt and possibly 1 egg or some peanut butter if I feel like going with fats to end the day, or I'll go with a bread or cereal for the carbs instead; it all depends on the day.

Off days:
    200P/120-150C/70F Calories= 1,900
    I'll make my first 2, maybe 3, meals a Protein and Carb meal with around 40 grams of protein and 30 grams of carbs, but after meal 3 or 4 I'll go Protein and Fat with around 40 grams of Protein and 10-15 grams of fats.

I believe that my body does respond very well to the carb manipulation. I know there is a more detailed approach of having a low-medium-high carb day rotation, but I find it simple enough to just limit the carbs a bit on days that I'm not doing as much. I like the approach of carb rotating to an extent.

I also alter my caloric intake between workout days and non-workout days. There is usually around a 300 caloric differential between workout and non-workout days.

There was a brief period in early March that I tried to play with the low-carb approach to see if that would shock my system, but that was a mistake to try mid-way through as my energy levels just got shot completely. I was dragging and felt instantly better with the carbs and just realized I'll ride low-fats and higher-carbs from here on out.

Good write up mate, looking good. At what % would you expect to start feeling crap? If any. When does strength loss really kick in? If any?

A Westside journal.