The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1507
    Banned
    1800 cals! Holy hell, that is really restricted man. Now I see why people consider this a test of mental strength.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    x3

X4

Update?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    X4

Update?
    X5

Quote Originally Posted by Catch View Post
    X5

x6....

A very brief summary is as follows:

a lot of school and a helluva lot of cardio.

BW is at 180, not ideal and I am not as tight as I'd like to be. Been getting tighter every day though.

Pictures are a must, I know. Something will be up soon enough.

Update will be more thorough tomorrow.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

This is not even much of an update outside of some well overdue pictures.... There aren't enough to show off every angle, but enough to see progress. Comments are welcome.

Not sure why the lighting changes for every single picture. I took over 20 pictures and some have me looking brighter than light.

This entire contest prep has been crap compared to how well last years went. If I could do things over and how I wanted to from the start then I would be much further along than where I am at now with better conditioning. Oh well, there is always next time.

Weight is @ 180. Middleweights are 176 and under. I am definitely holding onto a couple of pounds of fat to lose, but I doubt I lose much more by Saturday, but 176 is definitely attainable.

My preparation for this week is to ride low calories all the way until Friday night weigh-ins I hope to drop a few more pounds and that I can come in a bit leaner.

I'd rather be lean more so than anything else. I have held onto a good deal of size still, it's apparent in my most recent pics, but condition could be better (I don't have any good shots of my hams and glutes, but that's where the extra weight is mostly at.)

Last year I carbbed up on Tuesday and I hit my peak Wednesday if I recall correctly. I think I will peak just fine by Saturday. I will basically just take a nice 150 grams of carbs in after Friday nights weigh-ins. The norm is to start increasing the carbs mid-week, but I'd rather make weight and be a bit leaner rather than carb up.

If someone can convince me other wise let me know? But weight first, come in a bit leaner, and hope that a Friday night through Saturday carb up will suffice. What I am thinking of sounds similar to a Skip load, but you need to be very lean and I am not there yet.

House Lannister
    Woah! That first show is sick! Wide as fuck!

Arms, triceps really, have come up a ton.

Holy crap!!! It's insane how much bigger you look when you cut down on the BF%....like that first pic looks INSANE!!! And the last pic...well, you're just one shredded SOB!!!! Good job man.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Impressive with the amount of muscle you've kept.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Luke
    Lookin' shredded.

You are gonna tear it up at that contest.

I hear what you are saying, but take it from me, this is your all time best - incredible these days Scott!!

Very impressive shots.

LuNa
    I will echo the rest and say you look great Scott. You have a lot more size and even though conditioning isnt where YOU want it to be, i think you have done an incredible job.

Really great shots Scott, looking pretty damn lean to me! Looking at the width of you in that first shot, it amazes me how you fit through doorways lol

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Woah! That first show is sick! Wide as fuck!

Arms, triceps really, have come up a ton.
    I think the same thing about the arms, especially the tri's. They look much better. My width has really been standing out.

Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Holy crap!!! It's insane how much bigger you look when you cut down on the BF%....like that first pic looks INSANE!!! And the last pic...well, you're just one shredded SOB!!!! Good job man.
    Ryan made that same comment weeks ago about how I look bigger @ a lighter but leaner BW. These pics made me finally feel good about my contest prep, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Impressive with the amount of muscle you've kept.
    I'm definitely bigger than last year, so that's progress!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodybob View Post
    Lookin' shredded.

You are gonna tear it up at that contest.
    I am looking more and more towards this contest. I'm hoping for top 2 in whatever class I fall into.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but take it from me, this is your all time best - incredible these days Scott!!
    Thanks Coke. I have to agree that this is my best thus far. The best is still yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by tom183 View Post
    Very impressive shots.
    Thanks tom, trying to look better with every day. We will see how I do on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    I will echo the rest and say you look great Scott. You have a lot more size and even though conditioning isnt where YOU want it to be, i think you have done an incredible job.
    Maybe my condition will be better than I am expecting the day of the show, but I haven't been able to play around with my loading protocol as much as I would have liked to. I will be skiploading Friday-Saturday. I am trying to make that weight first. The previous winner has been a middleweight and he'd beat me if we are in the same class.

Quote Originally Posted by KIBBLES N BITS View Post
    Really great shots Scott, looking pretty damn lean to me! Looking at the width of you in that first shot, it amazes me how you fit through doorways lol
    I am lean, but I gotta get to stage lean. It's always the ass that keeps me from believing how lean I am. My width has really picked up! I guess my manipulated pullups have been doing the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    1800 cals! Holy hell, that is really restricted man. Now I see why people consider this a test of mental strength.
    Dieting on constant days of 1800 calories truly does suck. I had a few days of 1500-1600 calories. It's not even eatting!

I have definitely slipped up on a number of occassions, which has set me back in terms of my progress. I could definitely be a few points sharper if I didn't fall off as often as I did. I had at least 6 days within the past 4 weeks where I went way over calories, most of it was back in April.

Looking great man, you have a sick physique.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Here's my long update with training. I am splitting it into 2 posts

Friday May 6th

Pulldowns

190x12 wide-grip
    175x12 underhand

Supported 1-arm DB Rows
    55x15/12

**** Very simple workout that went very well. I did enough to stimulate my back and everything was firing just right. I don't do underhand movements often, but the pulldowns went well. I never do underhand BB Rows though.

Wednesday May 11th

HS 1-Arm Rows

170x8 drop 135 drop 90

Rear DB Raises
    25 x a lot

**** I decided to start putting in more back work, with a focus on thickness movements rather than width. My width has really improved so the thickness is my next big task. I might as well start now.

Friday May 13th

Inc DB

85x9

HS Military
    180x12+7+6

Inc BB
    185x4+2+2+2

Leaning DB Raises
    40x12/12+5+5

Reverse Grip Smith BB
    185x12+5

**** Awesome workout. I was happy to still play with 85's on the Inc DB and my HS Military's went well. Inc BB took a hit due to the presses beforehand. I felt very strong on the leaning DB raises and those are always great. I really like these smith reverse presses; I don't go all the way down, I actually lie on the floor so the bar is a good 4" away from my chest. It hits the tri's solid as well.

Saturday May 14th

Single Leg Lying Curls

70x10+8+7

Sissy Squats
    BW x 35

DB Leg Curls
    80x13
    85x10

DB Walking Lunges
    60x 20/20/20/20

**** Very good leg workout given that it doesn't include my favorites. I like the DB leg curls and I mastered the set up so they will stay in my routine for a while. Sissy squats always hurt and give a great stretch. The lunges always hit my glutes good, but if there's too much fat on my glutes then it's not going to matter about what detail hides underneath.

Monday May 16th

Pullups

BW x 13+7+5 close-grip

HS Military facing back pad
    160x11/8

HS Mid Rows
    160x10/10

Seated Calf Raises
    150x12
    160x10 drop a lot

Flat DB
    80x7+8+4

Leg Curls
    130x16+7

HS Precher Curls & HS Dips

BB Step-ups & DB Lunges

*** I decided to go with a full body workout, the last day to work out legs. Everything went good and I only went to failure on the Pullups. I just went with the flow and tried to keep it quick, everything in under 50 minutes.

I will be working out today for the last time before Saturday's contest. I will only do upper body. Not sure exactly how I will approach it?

I still need to do another update of the diet and cardio from the past week or so. It won't be too detailed, but enough to look back on.

Banned
    Look sick man, can't wait to see the results of the show! You have such a level head...great attitude.

Too many pages to read through so I will just ask...

Do you typically do volume or train really heavy? Your thick (not fat) torso indicates that you really go after it with the heavy ass weights.
    Last edited by mchicia1; 05-18-2011 at 08:57 AM.

I too appreciate your overall approach and demeanor, that alone makes you the front runner bro.

3 days left!

Diet for the past few days has been spot on. As I stated before I am looking to make weight and hope to come in a wee bit sharper so I am staying tight on calories until Friday.

The past few days have been along these lines:

Shrimp and Veggies 10-0-30
    Chicken and Rice 5-50-40
    Chicken and Rice 10-40-30
    Chicken and Veggies 10-0-40
    Shake/Random 5-10-30

Totals
    Fats=50
    Carbs= 100-120
    Protein= 150-170
    Calories= 1,500-1,800

Those are rough estimates on everything, but it's been very restricted. Crazy thing is that my appetite and hunger levels have not been killing me either.

Tuesday night I did cardio during the Mavs/Thunder playoff game. I put in about 35 minutes and then took down a shake. That was most likely my last cardio session. I figured it's time to stop depleting myself physically and just keep the diet in check over the next 54 hours and then get ready for the contest.

I am definitely looking A LOT leaner today compared to the other pictures, so that's great.

Three more days...you can do it.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Dude you look awesome. That first pic is sick. Wide and thick.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Long time reader, first time poster, man you look absolutely great in those pics, bad lighting or not. Good luck in the show man, you've definitely put in the work and time (and patience, ha) to do well. Will definitely be keeping a watch in here, very awesome.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Good luck Scott, wish you the best - basically now it boils down to peaking in a timely manner.