Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1507

Thread: Time+Patience Plus Consistency

LuNa
    Good to hear the diet is spot on. Very excited to see how the show goes. Keep it up Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Look sick man, can't wait to see the results of the show! You have such a level head...great attitude.

Too many pages to read through so I will just ask...

Do you typically do volume or train really heavy? Your thick (not fat) torso indicates that you really go after it with the heavy ass weights.
    Thanks for the compliments. I finally got my head straight with regards to the contest prep. It was killing me, but it was mostly due to other stress factors, many of which are almost to the end (student teaching, school, my son finally being pulled out of school.)

I do have a blockier waist and that has most likely come from heavier lifting which I prescribe to. You wouldn't see many compound movements over the past 2 months due to a lower back injury which has hampered me greatly. I like to hit compounds heavy, hard, and as often as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    I too appreciate your overall approach and demeanor, that alone makes you the front runner bro.
    Terry, thanks for the continued support. I like my demeanor also I try not to take myself too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Three more days...you can do it.
    2 more days and I will do it. They finally got my entry form so I am ready to go with weigh-ins at 8 pm Friday night. I shall be getting some badly needed carbs in then!

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Dude you look awesome. That first pic is sick. Wide and thick.
    I like that first pic too! Even I'm thinking "damn, I look thick and wide." Not being cocky, just confident!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Long time reader, first time poster, man you look absolutely great in those pics, bad lighting or not. Good luck in the show man, you've definitely put in the work and time (and patience, ha) to do well. Will definitely be keeping a watch in here, very awesome.
    It's always a pleasure Mark. I think a lot of us lurk around in other threads and don't post, not sure why? I've been in many journals of PLers but don't post. I can only say "wow, nice numbers."

I have always liked my username because Time + Patience is needed for weightlifting. The hard work will be worth it if I can time my "peak" right for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Good luck Scott, wish you the best - basically now it boils down to peaking in a timely manner.
    The peaking portion is what I am a bit intimidated about since I have gone with a different "peak week" approach this time around. If it works I will be running with it again. I didn't peak right last year anyways, so I had to change that approach. I am making some adjustments by using last year as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    Good to hear the diet is spot on. Very excited to see how the show goes. Keep it up Scott!
    Thanks Luna. You know all about the dieting process now and how it can be tough some days. I gotta send you a PM with a few questions about the links you have posted from IM.com I will get back to you later with that PM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

I woke up and the first thing I did was check my BW.

176 or right around it. I will be cutting water down just a bit today and more so tomorrow, especially a few hours before weigh-ins. As of now, the idea to make the middleweight class was the right move, we will see once Saturday rolls around.

I will be weighing in @ 8:30 Friday, so I will still be restricting my calories, but I'll be taking in a pretty good sized meal after weigh-ins.

I am looking better and getting tighter each day. I was real happy with how I looked in the mirrors @ the school gym. My legs were lean as hail and abs are looking better than last year. Add all of that with the wider lat spread and I have some strong poses in my arsenal.

I have to get my music for the posin routine set up. I am going against the grain (for my normal music that is) on this one:
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Won't Back Down" and "Mary Jane."
    I am looking to splice the 2 songs together. I can't recall if I am allotted 60 or 90 seconds. 90 seconds of 1 song can get boring, so I would have to splice, but 60 seconds would probably be just 1 song.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 05-19-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Love Tom Petty...great choices.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

So looking forward to seeing how your show goes.

You're looking epic.
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Looking great up there Scott. Pettys good shit, so many hits. You won't pose to wildflowers, I dare you to pose to wildflowers you won't do it.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Tom petty lol nice. Looking awesome man, told you you can do it. Good luck with these last few days bro!

Waiting to hear the results

Love Tom Petty...great choices.
    I need to work on the editing tonight. I didn't get it finished until the morning of the show last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzyG View Post
    So looking forward to seeing how your show goes.

You're looking epic.
    I am looking more and more forward to it as well! If I can "peak" right then I will be happy as hell regardless of my placing.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Looking great up there Scott. Pettys good shit, so many hits. You won't pose to wildflowers, I dare you to pose to wildflowers you won't do it.
    Link? Clueless about wildflowers, so dare is a fail as of now.

Thanks Rory. I am hoping to get a lot of pictures up over the next 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch View Post
    Tom petty lol nice. Looking awesome man, told you you can do it. Good luck with these last few days bro!
    Waiting to hear the results
    The last few days are the easiest! Just sit back, don't train, no cardio. I actually need to go do some posing, I will do that now.

House Lannister

That's a guess.

My wife is unable to make it to the contest this weekend. I have some family still making it to Dayton from Columbus. My mom, sister, and I went to a Tom Petty concert last year so I figured I would keep them in mind with my song choice for the posing routine.

The audio cd is ready to go. I spliced Tom Petty's "Free Fallin" with "Mary Jane's Last Dance." I have about 40 seconds of each song = 80 seconds. I only had 50 seconds for my routine last year. I will think this posing routine through a bit more this go round.

I decided to go with something a bit slower with "Free Fallin" and then pick it up a bit with "Mary Jane's Last Dance."

Feeling better and better about things. I was nervous last year when I couldn't get my song choice ready until I left for the contest.

Rory, that is definitely manageable. Next contest, this is most definitely on the potential list.

No.I was joking about a softer song by petty (that would not be pose appropriate) that I'm amazed nobody knows of.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Recent pics...

I have been feeling a bit flat and I think it shows in these pics. Will be applying more color tomorrow night. Hopefully I come in darker than I was last year.

I am going to Kings Island for a field trip. I am trying to plan out what I will be eatting for the day. I am thinking along these lines....

Tuna and Avocado
    Chicken Sandwich
    Shake
    Chicken and Veggies
    Weigh-in
    Carb-up meal of some sort.

Not much more to update until tomorrow evening. Here's to weigh ins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jr3uKOzNaw

This? Sure, why the hell not.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 05-19-2011 at 10:26 PM.

You won't do it

LuNa
    You are going to do great Scott. You should be incredibly proud of the package you are presenting, you have improved a lot when compared to last year.

Wishing you good luck...
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Best of luck.

Light Heavyweight

Came in tonight for weigh-ins and tipped the scale at 178. I could have taken off the rest of my clothing and probably hit 177 but I said why bother. The cut off was 176.25, so I wasn't far off.

I'm not bummed or anything, I just don't like being at the lower end of a weight class. It puts me at a potential disadvantage as I could be up against guys with nearly 20 pounds on me, which can make a huge difference in size if they lean as well.

I guess I am no longer a middleweight now, I am too close to the border, so I'll aim for another solid 6 pound gain and stick with the Light-Heavies.

178 is a good 5-6 pound gain of pure muscle over the past year, actually over 7-8 months as I have been dieting for a few months during the previous 12. I am definitely happier with the size gains, but of course would like to be a bit sharper.

I started putting some carbs in me after weigh-ins. I had 2 pop-tarts and went to cracker barrel for some pancakes. I asked for buttermilk pancakes and no butter, and that was my only request: some damn pancakes without butter. Of course when the plate comes out there are 2 big globs of butter melting on the pancakes. The lady asks "is everything fine" I am thinking NOPE, so I just asked for a plate to slap the butter onto as the pancakes took up all of the plate. I got most of the butter off. It was probably funny to watch me wiping butter off the pancakes with a napkin, lol.

But damn how can you Fuk that up, pancakes only with no damn butter. I guess it's like the hamburger without pickles and you get the damn pickle. Those pancakes were damn good though! I wasn't even craving them but they were delicious! I would have no gripes about going there again tomorrow.

I am ready to make this thing happen.

I took some pics tonight and will again in the AM before I leave out. I will try to post an update in between the pre-juding and the evening portion as I will have a long period of downtown to hang out in Dayton.

Here's to peaking Saturday!
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 05-20-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    You won't do it
    You are probably right, and I'd rather pose to the other song Ryan posted rather, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    You are going to do great Scott. You should be incredibly proud of the package you are presenting, you have improved a lot when compared to last year.
    I think I'll be happy. I just need to fill out a bit more and stay tight and I will definitely be happy.

Wishing you good luck...
    Thanks John. Here's to tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by tom183 View Post
    Best of luck.
    Thanks Tom. I'll update tomorrow.

Good luck man

Good luck Scott, looking forward to tomorrow's report.

Good luck mate! You deserve to do well!
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Respect.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

The peanut gallery (me included) is anxiously awaiting results and pics...
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal