Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1507

Thread: Time+Patience Plus Consistency

Banned
    best of luck scott!!

i would have sent the pancakes back. you are a kind man. too bad about ending up in light heavy but as long as youre still excited thats what counts. looking forward to hearing the results

Here's a picture from this morning. I definitely could lose some more water. I have about 3-4 hours until I will be on stage. I will be one of the last one's due to being a LHW and in the Open Men's class.

I trying to time when I will eat to hopefully fill out on time. I just ate some chicken and a banana this morning and I cut my water down starting Friday evening.

There are definitely not many people here. I am competitor 47 and I think I was the last one to get my #, so I'm predicting that there are going to be no more than 3 people in my class LOL. This is obviously a smaller show, but it has a nice feel as they have it taking place in the Dayton Convention Center.

I will be updating again after the prejudging.

Thanks for the continued support fellas.

The first picture is from this morning and the 2nd picture is from when I hit my peak early last year on Thursday night.

I definitely look tighter and fuller in the 2nd picture. They look very similar!
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    best of luck scott!!

i would have sent the pancakes back. you are a kind man. too bad about ending up in light heavy but as long as youre still excited thats what counts. looking forward to hearing the results
    I know you would have sent them back and asked for them to pay for your bill.

It sucks just being the lightest because if someone can come in with 10 more pounds of quality muscle it's a huge difference.

I should have waited to weigh-in early this morning, weight was an easy 175 at my home scale! No biggie, if I can shed this water and get tighter then it's a good day.

Looks like you traded a futon and a picture for a TV and some golf clubs. Nice upgrade
    Good luck today. Looking at those pictures, the back and arms have improved the most.
    I know you can't really see the back, but it looks much wider from the front.
    Last edited by Off Road; 05-21-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    I agree, arms look noticeably improved. Best of luck Scott, cant wait to hear how it went.

Looking incredible. Best of luck.
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Looking great scott, best of luck up there today brah
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Good luck!
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Thanks LuNa, Gazzy, Rory, Mark, and OffR's

Intermission

Pre-judging started @ 11 and I was done by 1. I didn't get a chance to see any other weight classes as I had to quickly get ready and the contest is moving along rather quickly. I hope I got my color down. Comparing the picture from last year to this year, I can see a big difference in color. Considering I was too light last year I think I hit the stage how I wanted.

So far things aren't looking too bad. It's what I expected, I am definitely not the thickest guy out there, and I think I am the shortest. Last year I was the tallest in the Middle's, but not the case. You can definitely tell I'm one of the smaller guys out there. 2 guys definitely look real good while we were warming up. They look to have a good combo of mass and leanness. 1 guy, who I think will be the winner, is muscular and pretty symmetrical, and the other fellow has a good all around package.

I think I am in the middle of the pack with regards to placing. There is a guy who is over 6' so he isn't holding as much muscle but he's in good shape. The last fellow has a solid package as well. It's hard to note everyone's strengths and weaknesses with seeing stage pictures and comparison poses.

The judges killed us during the pre-judging, they were actually killing everybody with a lot of shuffling and comparing. We were all breathing hard and sweating off all of our pro- or dream-tan. They are making us hit the poses for long counts, then a quick break and another pose for a long count. I am out there telling the other guys "to keep it up" and giving fist-bumps during the relaxed poses when we get moved around. The other guys seem to be nervous and often some guys take a contest too seriously, so I try to lighten the mood. I won't crack jokes though because it's too tough out there to even laugh.

I like all of the movement though, it makes it seem as if they are actually comparing us all and giving everyone a fair comparison to one another.
    There was a lot of moving people around and hitting multiple poses. It looks like they are having a hard time determining the best of the rear poses as they had us move around a lot and hit those same poses.

I think I am killing the ab-thigh shot. I hope my front lat spread is standing out above the rest as I think it's a strength of mine. My back is definitely not up to par with the top 2 guys from what I can tell; I've always thought my back double bi pose was lacking.

The finals start around 6, but we have to be back @ 5 for something. My family is coming @ 5:30 so we will hang out for a good hour and then head back to the Dayton Convention Center. We plan on going out afterwards, so I will treat myself to something, but nothing over the top as I think 1 plate of whatever should suffice and A LOT of H2O.

Be back with the final details later gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Looks like you traded a futon and a picture for a TV and some golf clubs. Nice upgrade
    Good luck today. Looking at those pictures, the back and arms have improved the most.
    I know you can't really see the back, but it looks much wider from the front.
    We just rearranged some things around. Nothing new or different. The golf clubs are just outside right now not being put to use.

Arms are bigger, but not as lean. They are 1/2 inch larger than last year's contest. I have to finish measurements and compare though. Back thickness will be my focus, and then chest and arms as well.

Banned
    very interesting stuff man. thats cool that youre able to keep it all in perspective and not take things too seriously. that is an admirable trait.

hope its going great!

C'mon man...I see you posting...update already
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Alright OffR.... let's get straight to it.

I came in 3rd place. I anticipated on being 3rd or 4th, so I'm happy with a 3rd place finish. The guy who took our class surprised the heck out of me? I really want to see how we all looked on stage. The lighting was very different, they were similar to the yard flood lights so the lighting probably made guys that looked "good" backstage look crappier. The guy who won shouldn't have placed 1st IMO.

My sister took some pictures from when I was on stage but they all turned out blurry and make every guy on stage look bad. One thing that stood out is how wide my waist/hips looked! Not good.

I stayed to watch the overall and the winner surprised the hell out of me. I thought it was between 2 guys and then out of no where they awarded the Middleweight the Overall title which the crowd was surprised by also. The Light-Heavy class winner had no chance out there. The guy who placed 2nd in our class would have faired off much better and is the guy who could have won our class. The LHW 2nd place guy was 40 years old and big, solid, and lean, he would have looked better against the other 1st place winners.

I stayed after to talk to the judges and was give this list of things to work on:
    Tan- I was too light last year, and yet again this year.
    Legs- more specifically hamstring size
    Condition- which I knew
    Size- if I'm going to be a LHW I know I need more size.

I told the 2 judges I just missed the Middleweights and 1 judge said I was too tall to be a Middleweight, I said "you're the first person to ever say that being 5'9" is too tall" haha.

He did compliment me on my posing. He thought my routine was one of the best and that I do a good job with my posing. He said he's high on posing so it was nice to get that compliment.

Afterwards my family and I went to a mexican restaurant and I didn't even finish my entire meal, I took home leftovers! I didn't expect that at all. I just wasn't hungry, I was thirsty as hell though.

Overall I was satisfied with things, I really liked the way the contest was run and I would definitely do it next year.

My mom ended up purchasing the contest videos, which cost a lot of damn $$$. I had a feeling she was going to do that when they started talking to her. It's a good thing when I think of it as I have no idea how I looked up there, right now I can only imagine? Back stage I thought I looked solid, not my best, but solid.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 05-22-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Congrats man.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

I was contemplating on entering into a contest on June 18th in Indianapolis, but I think I will pass due to the extra $$ involved. I wouldn't mind dieting down for another 4 weeks to see how lean I can get as it would help me gauge what I am capable of for the future.

I would like to keep my diet real tight for another 2 weeks to play around with a few things to see how I respond. I want to make sure that when I diet for a contest that I have a better idea of how my body will respond. I may or may not go with that plan, no benefits outside of "experimenting" and for the psychological aspect to know that I can do it.

I am basically taking things day-to-day. I took today off, although I wanted to do something, and I am enjoying some cereal, cookies, and almonds, but not going crazy.

I refuse to do what I did last year and take 4 weeks to reverse the progress I made and become a chubber. I do plan on staying relatively lean throughout the summer. I will be thinking about what I want to do as far as future goals go, but I do need to get up to a BW of 200+ and be leaner than I was when I started this past contest prep.

When my back gets closer to 100% I will be much more confident with what my plans are, but for now I won't be going all in just yet.

Well sounds like a good experience overall. You did everyone here proud! Hope we can see some pictures.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Great showing, especially considering you are now in the light heavyweight division...you getting up there and competing again speaks volumes for your character, you should be proud and well pleased.

Congrats Scott
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Nicely done. Sounds like you represented yourself very well and it can only get better and better. Keep making these improvements and you'll own that stage.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

House Lannister
    Nice Scott great job!

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Congrats Scott!! I'd like to see pics if you end up finding any non blurry ones
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Congratulations.

LuNa
    Well done Scott. Thanks for the write up as well, i like all the details.

Will be very interesting to hear the plans for the upcoming offseason.

Nice job man.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Big congrats!
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Banned
    congrats man, its great you met your own expectations. maybe after playing with your diet the next few weeks you will reconsider the upcoming potential show.

also... nice job controlling the urge to binge!