Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1507

Thread: Time+Patience Plus Consistency

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    Congrats man.
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Well sounds like a good experience overall. You did everyone here proud! Hope we can see some pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Congrats Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Nicely done. Sounds like you represented yourself very well and it can only get better and better. Keep making these improvements and you'll own that stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Nice Scott great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Congrats Scott!! I'd like to see pics if you end up finding any non blurry ones
    Quote Originally Posted by tom183 View Post
    Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    Well done Scott. Thanks for the write up as well, i like all the details.

Will be very interesting to hear the plans for the upcoming offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Nice job man.
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzyG View Post
    Big congrats!
    It's been great having all of you guys stopping in from time to time to comment on things. I do keep WBB in mind at times when training and dieting.

I will post this pic from the contest. I am hoping that the quality of the picture is bad, because if it was good quality and this is how we all looked then damn that would be shitty!

LuNa-- I am trying to consider what I am doing from here on out, I will get more detailed in a week or so. The biggest issue is my back, as I BADLY want to squat, deadlift, and lift without any back concerns. It's getting better though. The main thing I am doing is just reversing my diet. I will be under 2,500 calories for a few weeks with cheat meals throughout each week. I want to play around with Skip-loads (which you know about) and other protocols over the next year while keeping my BF % very respectable, not too far away from 10%ish.

OffR-- I need to make some huge progress to make an impression in the LHW's. I was looking to move up to the LHW's next year. I hope to bring up my back and hams a great deal, while adding at least 6 pounds of muscle by January.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Great showing, especially considering you are now in the light heavyweight division...you getting up there and competing again speaks volumes for your character, you should be proud and well pleased.
    Thanks Terry. I figured I must have something in my arsenal that was pleasing enough to place 3rd in my class with the negatives they reported to me after the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    very interesting stuff man. thats cool that youre able to keep it all in perspective and not take things too seriously. that is an admirable trait.

hope its going great!
    I like keeping a laid paid attitude about it. I'm not getting paid and I can't do any more during that day with regards to how I look and I can't blame other guys for coming in bigger, leaner, and better than me. Only can do what I can do.

congrats man, its great you met your own expectations. maybe after playing with your diet the next few weeks you will reconsider the upcoming potential show.

also... nice job controlling the urge to binge!
    I let loose a bit on Sunday, but I just can't let what happened last year happen again. I also need to keep my BW under control so my contest prep next year will go more fluidly. This past years was a mess! I'd like to do the upcoming show, but the $$ is the biggest factor.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 05-23-2011 at 05:29 AM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Here's what I have from the day of the show. The first few pictures are sometime after the prejudging. The stage pic is from the evening. The light skinned guy, 2 people down from me, won the show. None of us look that great. The guy right next to me looked great back stage, thick, lean enough, but he placed 4th. I thought he should have been ahead of me, but maybe he didn't look as good on stage. The guy on the far end was 40 and had a lot of muscle to his frame. The 40 year old looked great and I'd love to look like that @ 40.

The last pic also gives you a chance to see the other guy in the LHW's. He came in 5th, but his condition was good, you can still tell through the picture. He was taller so he needs to go the route of adding size as well.

Last edited by Time+Patience; 05-23-2011 at 05:35 AM.

I can't wait for the dust to settle and hear about your plan for the next year. I agree that your back has the biggest potential for improvement and will make a bigger impact next year. I hope the back gets fixed because I see some heavy pulling in your future
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Awesome updates Scott! You look great in the pictures. I agree the guy who is 40+ looks very impressive. MAJOR respect for your self-discipline and willpower in resisting the binge, especially post-contest. That's on a whole new level in my opinion man. It amazes me how you can do it! Keep it going though,I can't wait to see/hear your bulking/gaining plans, should be interesting stuff!

Congratz. Am a complete stranger to your journal -- I think in the time I was mostly absent from WBB, this site exploded with a ton of new members. Like K&B said, mondo props to you.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Little late to the party but...

Nice job on third. Taking third when you didn't even plan on competing that weight class is pretty good imo. Glad to see you already have plans for the future. Like F=MA said, I like your attitude towards all this as well.

Although... you did miss the t-pain concert. lol
    Last edited by Catch; 05-23-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Banned
    bump

hows training and whatnot? was thinking about how i hadnt seen your journal in a while and hope alls excellent, especially the back.

bump

hows training and whatnot? was thinking about how i hadnt seen your journal in a while and hope alls excellent, especially the back.
    Thanks for bumping it up Tim! I was searching for this bad boy.

I am nearing the end of the quarter and have been putting the final touches on a lot of different things for school so my focus has been on other places.

I have really relaxed on my diet as well. I will have a good day and then a bad day, so weight gain has gone up, some of it expected. I plan on jumping back onto the diet come tomorrow and keeping things in moderation for a few weeks.

I am still thinking through my plan, but I have a lot of things coming up in June, so I may still take a relaxed approach to things as a whole.

I will have 2 posts: one with workouts and one with a plan

Back is sitting at 70%, still a pain in my lower lumbar when I roll forward or bend over too far.

I can't wait for the dust to settle and hear about your plan for the next year. I agree that your back has the biggest potential for improvement and will make a bigger impact next year. I hope the back gets fixed because I see some heavy pulling in your future
    My plan is still being considered. I don't want to pull a Chevy and have a change in plans every week I am mulling over different ideas, but the main one will be to get back on track with a tighter diet for the next month or 2.

The biggest thing is to get my back on track and get back to working out how I like to.
    Quote Originally Posted by KIBBLES N BITS View Post
    Awesome updates Scott! You look great in the pictures. I agree the guy who is 40+ looks very impressive. MAJOR respect for your self-discipline and willpower in resisting the binge, especially post-contest. That's on a whole new level in my opinion man. It amazes me how you can do it! Keep it going though,I can't wait to see/hear your bulking/gaining plans, should be interesting stuff!
    Looking back at the contest I wasn't in contest shape and I have a lot of improvements to make. Adding quality size is the biggest issue and then making sure I can diet down and come into the contest is good condition will be the next area of focus, but staying leaner will help me out in that area.

I have definitely binged post-contest now. I will get back on track with everything this weekend, but I have enjoyed my fair share of snacks over the past week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Focused70 View Post
    Congratz. Am a complete stranger to your journal -- I think in the time I was mostly absent from WBB, this site exploded with a ton of new members. Like K&B said, mondo props to you.
    Thanks focus. I have been around for a while, but I come and go on the boards. This is the most consistent I have been for quite some time with posting and lifting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catch View Post
    Little late to the party but...

Nice job on third. Taking third when you didn't even plan on competing that weight class is pretty good imo. Glad to see you already have plans for the future. Like F=MA said, I like your attitude towards all this as well.

Although... you did miss the t-pain concert. lol
    I didn't mind missing the T-Pain concert. I was surprised to get 3rd honestly, I thought 4th was where I should have been, and 5th wouldn't have been a stretch for me to place either. I don't like taking it too seriously.

Thanks for the update. Just do what you can until school is over and the back is sorted out.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post

Back is sitting at 70%, still a pain in my lower lumbar when I roll forward or bend over too far.
    My back was so bad at times last year, I couldn't tie my shoes. Now I can put 4 plates on my back every week with no pain...

What fixed me was stretching my glutes and my hip flexors.

This stretch, I actually reach back with both arms and pull my leg up and against my lower back..absolutely insane stretch.

Whenever my back flares up, these stretches fix it every time. I also just do your basic touch your toes stretch daily, but I reach down with a flat back (not rounded).

Another great warm up I have been doing on leg days has been walking DB Lunges with 20-25 lbs...I do 2-3 sets of those before squatting/deadlifting...helps tremendously.
    Last edited by mchicia1; 06-02-2011 at 07:53 AM.

This is a longer update of a few workouts that I have been able to get in. I am not doing any type of routine or anything specific. I am just winging it.

I have been doing my early morning AM fasted cardio still. I took it pretty easy that 1st week during my added binge-ing, but I am back on my diet and still doing the AM fasted cardio. I am still contemplating on what I will do over these next few weeks, but a lot is changing so I will update what I am thinking when I get more free-time.

Wednesday May 25th

DB Leg Curls

80x16
    90x9

HS Leg Ext.
    25x a lot Rest-Paused

SLDL
    185x15/15

BB Squats
    205x22+10

***** Woo hooooo- Squats and SLDL's. I finally got these DB leg Curls set up right, so it's easier to go heavy. I finally said that it was time to try the squats out. My back feels much better than it did Easter weekend, but the back isn't great. I didn't feel any pain in my lower back on the squats or the SLDL's. I can't go as low as I normally do on the squats, and I keep the bar high on my back, but I haven't tried a lower bar placement. The SLDL's felt good and no real pain in my back.

Definitely happy to squat and SLDL in the same workout with no lower back pain during or days after the workout.

Friday May 27th

DB Military

65x10/10

Leaning DB Laterals
    40x12/12

Inc DB Laterals
    25x12/12

Seated Calves (full, slow reps)
    90x25/18

***** Short and efficient. I suck at Military presses! I am trying to play around with more DB laterals to see what progress it can bring. Calf raises will be documented more from here on out. I would like to develop a real sick set of calves, something like ThomasG's. I'd like to add some size to them while improving upon the detail that I've gained over the past year.

Saturday May 28th

HS Uni-Lateral Rows

145x15

CG Pullups
    BW x 10+5+5

T-Bar Rows
    115x15+10

Inc DB Curls
    30x12

**** I have been keeping my back workouts very basic with minimal variety. The HS Rows are definitley solid and I have been playing around with them a good deal to make them work. I am happy with my lat width so I'll be doing only 1 pullup/pulldown exercise. I haven't been able to find a way to make the BB Rows work due to the back pain, but I was able to work with the T-Bar rows, not sure why that is. I did go very slow on the T-Bar Rows to avoid anymore back pain.

I still have a few more workouts to post.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 06-04-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks for the update. Just do what you can until school is over and the back is sorted out.
    School is basically done, and my membership will be done with it also. I still have a larger update to put up, that is when I actually know what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    My back was so bad at times last year, I couldn't tie my shoes. Now I can put 4 plates on my back every week with no pain...

What fixed me was stretching my glutes and my hip flexors.
    I planned on doing more stretching a few weeks back, but I just didn't make it happen. I will incorporate those stretches a few times a week. Going to the chiropractor has done some wonders, but hopefully the stretching can take it up a knotch.

Nice to see squats back on the menu
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Looking forward to seeing what your offseason looks like.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Glad to see you moving on pain free with those movements...and yes, we all need to step to the calf work, except maybe ThomasG or Tim, lol.

Nice to see squats back on the menu
    It looks good doesn't it? I feel good getting the squats in. I had to edit, I didn't have the weights in there, although nothing heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what your offseason looks like.
    I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like also! I really am not sure yet, I have so much stuff running through my head.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Glad to see you moving on pain free with those movements...and yes, we all need to step to the calf work, except maybe ThomasG or Tim, lol.
    I am trying to be pain free all the way. I would love to get back to lifting like I was before the back injury.

Sunday May 29th

SLDL

205x12/18

INC DB
    80x10

Smith Reverse Bench
    185x12

*** I am trying to do SLDL's frequently to get used to the movement again. I also am not using my normal intensity so I am not breaking down my muscles as much. The Inc DB presses were were solid as well and I like the Reverse Bench Press, but it's hard to get the right feel for every rep. I am keeping things low volume still, and I am thinking of keeping it that way.

Wednesday June 1st

Squats

225x20
    275x5
    315x1

Flat DB
    85x8

Under Hand Pullups
    BW x 6
    4 Negatives

DB Lateral Raises
    30x8

Supported DB Rows
    55x15

**** This workout was different than normal. I did every rep with a slow negative (I'd estimate 4-5 seconds down) and it was much harder, especially with regards to getting my breathing down. I want to keep squatting on a regular basis and increase things in some manner; 225x20 wasn't bad at all, and 275 and 315 were rather easy and caused no added pain. The Flat presses were very different and the pullups with the slower negatives were very tough. LOL, the DB lateral raises are very tough to resist on the negatives; it's insane!

My workouts have been picking up and are going better and better. I am happy that I had my few days of some binge eatting, but I'm ready to steady things and start being more meticulous with my plan from here on out.

I should have a plan by Monday with how I want to approach the next few months.

Cool, just as long as you don't turn into a Dr. Darden Super-Slow trainee
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

House Lannister
    What's your split look like now? Push/pull/legs?

Good luck with the new plan, whatever you decide - no doubt it will help take you to the next level like you always manage to do.

LuNa
    Last sessions look solid Scott. Will be interesting to hear about the new plan.

Any updates?
    How are you feeling?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Have you read any of john meadows articles on t nation? I think you would like some of his concepts.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

It's been a few weeks since I have been on here.

I have to give a brief update just to get it out there. We haven't had internet access for a few weeks, but we have it up again now, so an update follows, finally, and it has nothing to do with #'s, BW, or BF %.

My family and I finally moved from Cincinnati back to Columbus. My wife and I both graduated over the course of this past month. I graduated 3 weeks ago and since then we have just been having a lot of family time. I haven't had any responsibilities for a few weeks outside of the family life, and that's been my sole focus.

Since I graduated on June 11th my gym access terminated so I am gym-less right now. I did get a few random workouts in at my apartment complex, but I moved up to Columbus with my 2 kids while my wife was finishing some course work before graduation, so I had no gym access.

I can sum things up as I have minimal focus on lifting right now and have been in an "odd transition period" with regards to my future.

If you didn't know I graduated from college with a degree in MIddle School Education and right now the job outlook for teachers isn't great. The local school district is looking to accept attrition which basically means no, or minimal, new hires. I have been disheartened by the outlook of the field of education as a whole, so I have begun thinking of alternate career paths.

After a good deal of research and conversing with my wife I decided to pursue my Doctorate in Physical Therapy. I am currently taking summer courses for pre-requisites.

I have been over-extending myself a great deal over the past few weeks and realize that I need to get back into a gym or working out as it helps keep me on track with things. I hate to commit to a gym with no income as I am currently unemployed. I plan on doing dips, pullups, lunges, and sprints a few times a week since I have access to nothing.

I can sum everything up with my focus being on anything but working out, but over time I will be back on the ball. My family and I are just in a weird transition period from college graduate to unemployed to hopes of being employed.

I am going to an Education job fair in a week for online teaching, and I hear that I shouldn't expect to hear anything the local school district and potential hirings until August or September that is if the #'s change and the local school district needs to hire more teachers.

I guess you can say it's been a disappointing experience to get my degree that I have worked so hard for and realize that I am possibly in the worst time to get into the field of education.

All I know is that I have enrolled back in school and am going to take pre-requisites that satisfy most health-related careers paths.

Right now I am getting ready to study for my Anatomy lab which begins in less than 6 hours from now. Now that we have internet access again I will be frequenting the boards more.