The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

2009 Pan American/Ibero-American and USA Nationals Weightlifting Championships

If anyone wants a couple free tickets let me know and I will try and hook you up. Let me know ASAP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ASA Chicago has tickets available for the 2009 Pan American/Ibero-American and USA Nationals Weightlifting Championships, a first-round qualifier for the 2011 Pan-American Games.

There are 12 tickets reserved for Sunday, June 7th at 4 pm and 12 tickets reserved for 6 PM.

Tickets are being held at the “Will Call” window at UIC under HACIA.

Please let us know if you would like to attend—tickets are first come, first serve.

More information about the event is below.

On behalf of World Sport Chicago and the Chicago 2016 Olympic bid we would like to invite you to attend the finals of the 2009 Pan American/Ibero-American and USA Nationals Weightlifting Championships, a first-round qualifier for the 2011 Pan-American Games. This international Olympic sporting event, which takes place in Chicago from June 4 – 7, 2009, brings together more than 200 top athletes from over 20 nations from around the western hemisphere. These countries include: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Spain.

The event offers Chicago one of the last big opportunities to demonstrate our support of the Olympic Movement and international athletes. To help demonstrate Chicago’s passion for sport and its cultural diversity we are inviting groups to attend this world-class event and support the competitors.

Below you will find a brief overview of the 2009 Weightlifting Championship and we invite you to share this information with your friends, family and community members. We also encourage you to learn more about the sport of Olympic weightlifting and this event by visiting http://www.worldsportchicago.org.

As a gift to Chicago ASA Chicago members we are excited to offer tickets to the event free of charge. Please email vmgac@asachicago.org to reserve your group’s tickets today.

Thank you again for your support. If you have any questions regarding the event please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to seeing you at the 2009 Pan American/Ibero-American and USA Nationals Weightlifting Championships in June.

2009 PAN-AMERICAN/IBERO-AMERICAN AND USA NATIONALS WEIGHTLIFTING CHAMPIONSHIPS OVERVIEW:

Date:
    June 4th – 7th, 2009

725 W. Roosevelt Rd.
    Chicago, IL 60607

Competition Times:

6/4/09: 10 AM, noon, 2 PM, 4 PM, and 6 PM

6/5/09: 10 AM, noon, 2 PM, 4 PM, 6 PM and 8 PM

6/6/09: 10 AM, noon, 2 PM, 4 PM, 6 PM and 8 PM

6/7/09: 10 AM, noon, 2 PM, 4 PM, and 6 PM*

*ASA Chicago reserved tickets

PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES:

Teams* competing in the 2009 Pan Am Championships include:

Argentina
    Haiti

Brazil
    Honduras

Canada
    Mexico

Chile
    Nicaragua

Colombia
    Panama

Costa Rica
    Peru

Cuba
    Puerto Rico

Dominican Republic
    USA

Ecuador
    Venezuela

El Salvador
    Spain

Guatemala

Related Activities at the Event:

The 2009 Pan American/Ibero-American and USA Nationals Weightlifting Championships will not only feature premier, world-class athletes but will also be a celebration of sport and culture from across the Pan American region.

Throughout the competition, related events will take place in the UIC Forum Plaza and the UIC Forum Atrium. Cultural presentations and performances

Sport clinics and demonstrations
    Athlete autograph sessions and Questions & Answers
    and other Interactive Areas

Thank You

The Team at ASA Chicago

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I guess they were grabbed right away. Please delete thread
    Last edited by collin44; 06-05-2009 at 05:20 PM.

BLAAAAAAH!!! I live in hyde park, I would have totally gone, even though I have finals next week. The place is only like a 15 minute bus ride from where I live too!
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.

I was there with my friend who was competing and it was a great event. It ended with a bang as it came down to the last 4 lifts in the Men's Superheavyweight group. American Patrick Judge hit a 211kg C+J which I'm sure was a big PR for him to guarantee himself a medal. Then it was up to the Venezuelan and Columbian competitors to hit their final lifts. The Venezuelan guy hit 216 to take the lead, then the Columbian competitor went out and hit a strong 217, (which he had missed before in spectacular fashion) to take home the gold. Great competition!

Also, the great Ed Coan was there taking in the competition. I got a pic with him and talked to him for a good 15 minutes about powerlifting, etc. He gave me some tips and mentioned he was going to be at the APF Summer Bash on June 27th (not competing but helping out some fellow lifters) and a Wendler clinic on (I think) the 22-23rd in Chicago. He's getting some work done on his hip soon and hopefully if he heals up well he can compete again, perhaps. He is a great, down to earth guy though and it was great to talk to him.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle