Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BODYBUILDING Routine?

Powerbuilding! I love reading HeavyBomber's journal (incidentally I think journal reading combined with personal experimenting is the best way to learn about programming). Check it out on this website...its got tons of great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Some people tend to think that in order to be considered a "bodybuilding routine" it needs to designed as a bodypart split w/ lots of isolation exercises. That's far from the truth. Heavy compound lifts are the staple lifts needed to build muscle. That, plus a good diet will give one the bodybuilding physique.

BTW, SS is not a powerlifting routine. It's a beginners routine that should be used by anyone that plans on seriously pursuing any type of sport, whether it be bodybuilding, powerlifting, oly lifting, football, strongman, etc... It's just the fastest way to build up a good foundation of strength and muscular bodyweight before getting into more specific training.
    bumped cause its a good post

Quote Originally Posted by samadhi_smiles View Post
    bumped cause its a good post
    x2

well put!
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cards
    I didn't post this routine and claim it was mine. Within the first two sentences I stated that this was a bodybuilding routine posted by one of the few Bodybuilders that this site has had. That was the routine he followed, the OP's originally asked for a bodybuilding routine so why not forward him the routine that a bodybuilder actual uses?

I also noted at the end that I would not recommend that routine but use it as a tool for future reference...
    I'm not knocking your post. But I am knocking calling a list of exercises a 'routine.' Just as a list of ingredients isn't a recipe, a list of exercises isn't a routine. You need to know how to load each exercise both during each workout, but also within each week, each block, each month, etc. Training is more involved than simply picking a bunch of exercises. I'm sure you know that, but that 'routine' simply isn't one.

brad you've got to be kidding me if you think bodybuilders don't plan their routines with at least the same level of exactness that powerlifters do.
    I'm sure Coleman does. But see my definition of 'bodybuilder' previously: it's usually teens on message boards who weigh 165.

Powerbuilding! I love reading HeavyBomber's journal (incidentally I think journal reading combined with personal experimenting is the best way to learn about programming). Check it out on this website...its got tons of great stuff.
    I was going to recommend this too.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...=powerbuilding

Some people tend to think that in order to be considered a "bodybuilding routine" it needs to designed as a bodypart split w/ lots of isolation exercises. That's far from the truth. Heavy compound lifts are the staple lifts needed to build muscle. That, plus a good diet will give one the bodybuilding physique.

BTW, SS is not a powerlifting routine. It's a beginners routine that should be used by anyone that plans on seriously pursuing any type of sport, whether it be bodybuilding, powerlifting, oly lifting, football, strongman, etc... It's just the fastest way to build up a good foundation of strength and muscular bodyweight before getting into more specific training.
    Good post
    Sarvamangalam!

Bodybuilding Mythbuster

Well put. For anyone who's still confused about designing a "bodybuilding" or other type of program, they should read this.

Thanks fellas, I've never been quoted so much before, lol.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

when is your book coming out!?!?

Next tuesday. It's only 1 page long though. It's $54.99 USD per copy.
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

a real bargain! will it include awesome quoted posts of yours or will we have to keep searching WBB for those?

Last edited by samadhi_smiles; 06-09-2009 at 07:29 AM.

I'll have a few of my priceless quotes in there, but I can't give it all up in just this one book. Sorry.