Thread: Deadlift video from monday

Deadlift video from monday

This is training i did monday i know i hitched on my last one im doing band training to get my top end strong to stop the hitching first set i did is 675 lbs second video is 765 lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ_fL...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NND57...e=channel_page

Why do you wear strap?
    26 - 6'0"@183lbs http://www.youtube.com/user/Droll6683
    Squat - 295lbs
    Bench - 240lbs
    Deadlift - 430lbs
    Total: 965lbs

"If you lift Mickey Mouse poundage’s, all you’re going to get is a Mickey Mouse body." -Stuart McRobert
    "I know the true strength of a man is not in how much he can lift but how high he can lift others." -Dave Tate
    SFW!

hitch or not you are still a beast. good job man.
    750/425/625/1800 at SPF Georgia State meet on 8/07/10
    Started Powerlifting: September 08
    Phillipians 4:13
    Pslams 23:4

Quote Originally Posted by mosley1990 View Post
    hitch or not you are still a beast. good job man.
    Thanx mosley i appreciate that

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Garvin View Post
    Why do you wear strap?
    I started wearing them because i used to pull more with my stronger side which is my right arm and i would get a pain in between like my arm pit and shoulder.so wearing straps kinda evens out the pull for me meaning im pulling about the same with both arms so i dont get the strain when i use straps. my grip isnt a problem though if thats why your asking.

Why don't you practice an over hand hook grip?? Brad Gillingham pulls several hundreds of pounds with a hook grip!
    26 - 6'0"@183lbs http://www.youtube.com/user/Droll6683
    Squat - 295lbs
    Bench - 240lbs
    Deadlift - 430lbs
    Total: 965lbs

"If you lift Mickey Mouse poundage’s, all you’re going to get is a Mickey Mouse body." -Stuart McRobert
    "I know the true strength of a man is not in how much he can lift but how high he can lift others." -Dave Tate
    SFW!

Working your hook grip up enough to pull 700 + lbs is very difficult. I know, I do it.

Eric, why bother with the 765 lbs??? All you are doing is reinforcing bad form. You have been asking for a long time how to not hitch and work on your top end, yet you keep doing it. I find it very frustrating. You are a great guy, but at some point you either just keep doing what you are doing, or you listen to the advice given to you and put it into practice.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Working your hook grip up enough to pull 700 + lbs is very difficult. I know, I do it.

Eric, why bother with the 765 lbs??? All you are doing is reinforcing bad form. You have been asking for a long time how to not hitch and work on your top end, yet you keep doing it. I find it very frustrating. You are a great guy, but at some point you either just keep doing what you are doing, or you listen to the advice given to you and put it into practice.
    This is what I was about to say. No reason to even go to a weight you are going to hitch. Work up to a heavy single with perfect form and stop. Keep working on your hips, glues, and upper back to help with the lockout, but most importantly your form. You'll see red lights across the board with that kind of sh**.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

The good news is that the 675 looked much better, so you are able to pull without hitching. Echoing what everyone else is saying, don't work up so much that you end up hitching. For example, you pulled 675 very well. Next week work up to 685 for some perfect singles. Then just keep going up 10 lbs. per week while working on form. If you reach a point that you start hitching, drop the weight back 20-30 lbs. and start working back up in that same manner. It will take some patience to use this approach, but you're really strong already and your strength isn't going to disappear my not maxing out all the time. If you feel like you need more work, do some more singles at your top weight for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Garvin View Post
    Why don't you practice an over hand hook grip?? Brad Gillingham pulls several hundreds of pounds with a hook grip!
    Thanx i might give that a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post

Hey Chris honestly i just wanted to post something up i hadnt put a video up in a while.I wasnt really putting up a video for form critique this time im gonna do that next week im doing several weeks of band training and you will see what i mean next week, this week ionno i just wanted to try to put up close to a max lol sorry man wasnt tryna irritate you or anyone else just posting up some training vids.

Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    This is what I was about to say. No reason to even go to a weight you are going to hitch. Work up to a heavy single with perfect form and stop. Keep working on your hips, glues, and upper back to help with the lockout, but most importantly your form. You'll see red lights across the board with that kind of sh**.
    Thanx man im still working on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean S View Post
    The good news is that the 675 looked much better, so you are able to pull without hitching. Echoing what everyone else is saying, don't work up so much that you end up hitching. For example, you pulled 675 very well. Next week work up to 685 for some perfect singles. Then just keep going up 10 lbs. per week while working on form. If you reach a point that you start hitching, drop the weight back 20-30 lbs. and start working back up in that same manner. It will take some patience to use this approach, but you're really strong already and your strength isn't going to disappear my not maxing out all the time. If you feel like you need more work, do some more singles at your top weight for the week.
    Thanx Sean S

Yeah mad crazy floor speed, You have that down! Focus on the lockout and when that gets strong, then put it all together. That mutch hitch & twich one day is gonna F'up your back for a long time to come.

And that will suck.....
    6'0"--198# USAPL / IPF powerlifter
    ~~~ RAW Nationals July 15-17, 2010 in CO ~~~~

RAW Squat: 556
    RAW Bench: 390
    RAW Deadlift: 601

And yeah that 675 looked tons better than other vids you posted back a bit!
    6'0"--198# USAPL / IPF powerlifter
    ~~~ RAW Nationals July 15-17, 2010 in CO ~~~~

RAW Squat: 556
    RAW Bench: 390
    RAW Deadlift: 601