The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    1471, gotta have it Kenny Powers's Avatar

Deadlift Periodization Template

Really simple question here. I am trying to find a periodization template for deadlift. Basic, simple linear periodization. Right now the only one i can find is the coan peaking template which i will use if i have to but id like to see what my other options are.

Even a template with just percentages and rep ranges associated with the percentages would be great. Im still somewhat of a novice to powerlifting so i do not believe i am smart enough to come up with my own linear periodization model.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Kenny,

There are excellent articles right here @ wanna be big... Just search the article section.

Also, check out texaspowerscene.com They have very basic PL'ing rountines w/ CAT calculator & % which is very conveniant. Just plug in your current 1RM and hit calculate.

Good luck Bro,
    RC

I used the Ed Coan one last year and I went from 265 to 315 doing the sumo deadlift. I stopped working out for 5 months and I just started it again recently. I have faith in it. It works well man.

Edit: I'm doing the conventional DL now, because sumo hurt my hips a lot.
    Last edited by Virtron; 06-14-2009 at 04:00 PM.
    When I die. I want to be frozen. And if they have to freeze me in pieces, so be it. I will wake up stronger than ever, because I will have used that time, to figure out exactly why I died. And what moves I could have used to defend myself better now that I know what hold he had me in.

1471, gotta have it Kenny Powers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robchris View Post
    Kenny,

There are excellent articles right here @ wanna be big... Just search the article section.

Also, check out texaspowerscene.com They have very basic PL'ing rountines w/ CAT calculator & % which is very conveniant. Just plug in your current 1RM and hit calculate.

Good luck Bro,
    RC
    thanks, ill take a look. i have everything else setup as well as assistance work, im just trying to find a template for the deadlift since i have everything else (bench, squat, MP periodization).

thanks for the tip though, i think i checked every other place except the links at the top LOL