Thread: 20 reppers and cutting

20 reppers and cutting

Has anybody combined 20 rep squats while trying to loose bodyfat?

I absolutely love/hate 20 rep squats. It's my prfered method of squatting, bar-none. Now, after successfully bulking to 240 lbs, I want to trim some blubber (like to get down to 210-215 lbs). But, I don't want to give up the 20 rep squats fi I don't have to. I know they are good for building and bulking, but I have no experience with using them during a cut.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Diet is going to be the biggest factor when looking at body composition.

20-Rep Squats are quite taxing on the body and so if you are on a calorie or carbohydrate restricted diet you may need a couple of extra days to recovery. Your best bet would be to take some simple carbs before training, drink a high quality post-workout shake (MRP shake like Opticen), stretch, walk or do some type of active recovery on off days, and get a little extra sleep.

You should be fine, and if you feel like you are overtraining then back off on the squats for a week or two and do some lower volume work (or simply lower the weight so that the intensity is not as high).
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 225 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Thanks for the tips. That all sounds pretty much spot on to what I was planning. This will be my first serious cut and I'm not looking forward to it.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!