The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

20 reppers and cutting

Has anybody combined 20 rep squats while trying to loose bodyfat?

I absolutely love/hate 20 rep squats. It's my prfered method of squatting, bar-none. Now, after successfully bulking to 240 lbs, I want to trim some blubber (like to get down to 210-215 lbs). But, I don't want to give up the 20 rep squats fi I don't have to. I know they are good for building and bulking, but I have no experience with using them during a cut.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Diet is going to be the biggest factor when looking at body composition.

20-Rep Squats are quite taxing on the body and so if you are on a calorie or carbohydrate restricted diet you may need a couple of extra days to recovery. Your best bet would be to take some simple carbs before training, drink a high quality post-workout shake (MRP shake like Opticen), stretch, walk or do some type of active recovery on off days, and get a little extra sleep.

You should be fine, and if you feel like you are overtraining then back off on the squats for a week or two and do some lower volume work (or simply lower the weight so that the intensity is not as high).
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Thanks for the tips. That all sounds pretty much spot on to what I was planning. This will be my first serious cut and I'm not looking forward to it.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!