The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

expected results?

i am about to finish my exams, and have decided to set myself a 'summer resolution'; to get fit. i have finished GCSE's, meaning i have 10-11 weeks off. By the end of that time i want to be bigger, yet still lean with a six pack. I was just wondering - with a good compound (with a few isolations at the end) routine, sufficient rest, and enough food to keep me going, and at average gains - what i could expect to acheive over the 10-11 weeks. i don't mind if i do a mini bulk then a mini cut or a full, healthy and slow bulk, or whatever... but i would like to change my body in that time. If i do notice the gains, i will feel motivated by the end of it, and will follow weightlifting more after the 11 weeks are over, however up until now, i have never been able to keep myself motivated (illness, exams, etc)... so now is my opportunity.

thanks guys i currently stand at about 6' weighing about 135 pounds, low % body fat, and i'm 16 years old.
    from mini to mighty... (hopefully), training for athleticism, muscle and confidence.
    Bench: 125 x 1; Squat: 160 x 1; Deadlift: 210 x 1; Total: 495.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Keeping the six pack will limit what you can achieve.
    Doing things correctly, 10 to 20 pounds could be possible, depending...
    Last edited by Off Road; 06-15-2009 at 01:42 PM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

well considering i lose weight a lot more easily than i gain it, possibly could i like.. bulk for the majority (9 weeks) and then just cut for the last 1/ 2 weeks, depending on whether i am happy with what i have achieved over the bulking stage. and i don't particularly mind about losing the six pack, i can build that up at a later stage (well, lose the fat surrounding it) but i just don't want a big belly, or much of a belly at the end of it...

thanks
    from mini to mighty... (hopefully), training for athleticism, muscle and confidence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gamodye View Post
    i currently stand at about 6' weighing about 135 pounds, low % body fat, and i'm 16 years old.
    (snip)
    but i just don't want a big belly, or much of a belly at the end of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Keeping the six pack will limit what you can achieve.
    YES, what Off Road said!

I'm sorry, but what is it about skinny teenage boys afraid of getting a belly? Not that Im personally trying to get a belly, but I realize gaining a little fat around my belly is well worth it given the amount of muscle I've built everywhere else ( and even though I've put on a little belly fat, my belly looks smaller now with all the muscle I've built everywhere else, over the past year. )

IMHO, since you're 6' tall and weigh 135, you should be lifting heavy and eating anything/everything you want. You're almost in the prime years for building muscle, but you're not going to take full advantage of it because you're worried about getting a belly.

That's just my opinion. Good luck.
    Last edited by BigTallOx; 06-15-2009 at 02:57 PM.

i see your point of view, but you should see how much people get called fat at my school, if you have like a belly bigger than a small deflated tire your considered obese :P plus i want to start rugby next year, and being quite fast i would like to keep as much of my fat away as possible so that i can continue to be quick on my feet at the right wing...

but i do see where your coming from, once these 10-11 weeks are over, i might take things more seriously and do proper bulks then proper cuts..

thanks

Wannabe Fit.
    If youre big and strong, you might scare them.
    Who cares if someone says your fat because you get a little belly gaining muscle? As long as your happy..
    "We get stronger by improving our weaknesses" - Detard

Banned
    plus i want to start rugby next year, and being quite fast i would like to keep as much of my fat away as possible so that i can continue to be quick on my feet at the right wing...

once these 10-11 weeks are over, i might take things more seriously and do proper bulks then proper cuts..
    Ah, I played rugby. It's a tough sport where being strong and big is very important.

IMHO, if you're lifting heavy at your age and current weight you won't be able to eat enough to get a belly in 10 weeks.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTallOx View Post
    IMHO, if you're lifting heavy at your age and current weight you won't be able to eat enough to get a belly in 10 weeks.
    i agree...

Ok, so bulk the entire 10 weeks?

Steadily increase th eating throughout. Bulking is best when you are working near your potential.
    Last edited by Off Road; 06-16-2009 at 06:35 AM. Reason: typo
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    Ok, so bulk the entire 10 weeks?
    Worry about what you're doing ten weeks from now ten weeks from now. It's obvious that your immediate need right now this week is to eat like it's your job and and concentrate on the big compound lifts (squat, deadlift, bench, and overhead press).

A few weeks from now, you'll be bigger, stronger, and have a totally new perspective on what you really want.