Thread: iPhone Apps

iPhone Apps

I am going to bite the bullet and get an iPhone, but am looking for recommendations on apps that I should download for it. So far, I have been told Midomi, Pandora, and Yelp are must haves. I would greatly appreciate things that experienced users would recommend as well.

Wannabebig Member
    shazam, urban spoon, google earth, Poker 5K, YP.ca, Scramble

I've been looking at getting an iPhone recently as well, mostly because in Canada our service provider allows tethering so I won't need to shell out for an internet connection. It will end up being cheaper for me to get an iPhone and pay for a data plan than having a regular cell phone and a separate internet connection.

I know AT&T slams people who tether their iPhone, but the first application I would get would be one that enables tethering (I'm not sure how AT&T could know that you are doing it, but I'm by no means an expert).
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

AOL Radio is good to get local radio broadcasts. The Kindle app is free and you can buy books off Amazon. The "MLB At Bat 2009" app is really cool if you're into baseball.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

im+ lite, skype, facebook, twitterfon, pandora, ap news, assassin's creed: altair's chronicles, planets, ipity, myst, stanza...if you get stanza the books are free that come off the gutenberg project.
    Last edited by dynamo; 06-16-2009 at 07:50 PM.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

There is a cool one that i cant remember what its called. If you hear a song and you dont know what it is, the app will listen to it and tell you what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by slashkills View Post
    There is a cool one that i cant remember what its called. If you hear a song and you dont know what it is, the app will listen to it and tell you what it is.
    That's Shazam.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Don't forget the one where you can move the screen and the lady's bosoms move around. That's an important app.