The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: They tricked me

They tricked me

The meet is 3 weeks out and I just had my last heavy deadlift session (I think lol).

The big guy Mike said im going to warm up like on comp day. The thing is... all the competition weights were in kilos so I really don't know how much weight is on the bar without actually counting lol. I did my warmups and he said "Go for a walk, rest before your next lift". So I come back do my 400lb deadlift easy. He says "Go for another walk". So I go for another walk come back and deadlift heavier, 435. A little hitch but nothing bad. He says again "Ok your doing that again go for a walk". I come back... deadlift it and was JUST shy of a lockout. One of the strongmen who happened to be working out there said he was surprised I didn't lock it out, it was well above the knees. They decided to put 445 on the bar when I was gone which would have been a 20lb PR from... 3 weeks before. I was very close... I think the fact that I farted during the lift almost scared the **** out of me, literally.

I still cannot get over working out with these guys. I am now benching my one rep max for 3-4 reps only after 2 months. I can safely say im hooked.
    Last edited by BFGUITAR; 06-22-2009 at 05:31 PM.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Cool. I dont really understand the point of this post though? Who tricked who?
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

That's awesome! Never trust a fart.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Never trust a fart.
    I think thats the moral of this story.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

LOL that is sig worthy right there hahaha. Good one Vin

BF sounds like you've finally understood the value of being in a place surrounded by lifters and how that makes a better boost in your lift than any book can make Gyms where you are consistently challenged by your peers is the best kinda place to be.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

It's great that you're making such good progress. Training with a great group can make a huge difference.

I definitely had a training partner take a dump in the middle of a deadlift. He got the oddest look on his face, then said, "I'll be right back." He went to the bathroom and came back and said, "Yup, I'm done for the day."

Sometimes it helps to not know what's on the bar. I trained with a guy that had complete mental block on deadlifting 495 in training. He had his suit on and was going to max. I took 495, and then said, "Your turn." He didn't really look at the bar or realize what was on it. After he made the lift, I told him to look at the bar.
    www.wildirongym.com
    Become a fan of Wild Iron on Facebook:
    http://tinyurl.com/WildIron

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusWild View Post
    It's great that you're making such good progress. Training with a great group can make a huge difference.

I definitely had a training partner take a dump in the middle of a deadlift. He got the oddest look on his face, then said, "I'll be right back." He went to the bathroom and came back and said, "Yup, I'm done for the day."

Sometimes it helps to not know what's on the bar. I trained with a guy that had complete mental block on deadlifting 495 in training. He had his suit on and was going to max. I took 495, and then said, "Your turn." He didn't really look at the bar or realize what was on it. After he made the lift, I told him to look at the bar.
    Agreed, not knowing what is on the bar, can be a good thing. I pulled almost a 100lb PR attempt on a misload. The weight was supposed to be something i've hit 15 times in training, but there was a misload, and they put 50kg more on the bar. I had no clue, and pulled it as hard as I ****ing could, got it to my knees, but couldnt lock it out.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

professional psychopath
    That's so wrong
    Clearly, daddy didn't beat you enough as a child. If you were in front of us you'd show respect, so don't be an internet punk. - Matt Rhodes

Wannabebig Member
    I'm glad I hadn't taken a drink of my shake before I read that, or I'd be wiping the protein and oatmeal off my keyboard right now.

i believe my exact words were, "I think I just s**t myself"

bad shrimp+heavy triples = problems.
    Last edited by isaku900; 06-23-2009 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    i believe my exact words were, "I think I just s**t myself"

bad shrimp+heavy triples = problems.
    Hahaha try 3 shawarma + deficit deadlifts :P

Detard the guy I worked out with told me it was the same weight but was really heavier. A 100lb PR would have been ridiculous haha.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

Well, I was trying to preserve the person's anonymity, but now everyone knows who it is. haha!
    www.wildirongym.com
    Become a fan of Wild Iron on Facebook:
    http://tinyurl.com/WildIron

Well, I was trying to preserve the person's anonymity, but now everyone knows who it is. haha!
    its ok man, I left my dignity somewhere in college.