The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bench Seminar...............

Pauk Key (Bencher8) and I will be hosting a bench seminar at my private gym sometime in August we will have the date set in stone in the next day or so. We are going to limit the number of participants to 30 people.

Seminar will cover shirted benching. Including how to adjust them to get the most out of them and the dirty little tricks we both have up our sleeves, training techniques, assitance exercises, set up, setting up a training program, and a lot of hands on work with each person in attendence.

Cost of the seminar will be $65.00 per person.

My gym is located at : 28726 West Thome Rd.
    Rock Falls, IL 61071

If interested shoot me an e-mail @ whco322@hotmail.com.

Date : Sunday August 2nd, 2009 starting at 10:00 AM Sharp!
    Last edited by Rob Luyando; 06-23-2009 at 06:10 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you are in the area and don't go you are nuts. Rob and Paul could easily charge twice as much and fill up. Best of luck with it Rob. I wish I was within driving distance.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 06-21-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

I cant wait to do this. I really enjoy working with individuals and passing on what knowledge I have gotten through the years. I appreciate the opportunity to help Rob with this.

Everyone knows what Rob has done in this sport. I 'm stoked to work with him on this.

I think the price is well worth it as well. Equipment prices can be high, but spending 65 bucks to learn how to use the equipment might be the best investment a lifter can do...jmho
    Sponsored by:
    OverKill Strength Equipment
    APT ProWristStraps

Success is usually achieved by always doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability." John Wooden

PLEASE for the love of GOD have someone film!! I'll happily spend over $40 for a DVD, like I have with all the ST and WS, EFS etc. Ones. I know it can be pain in the ass, but just having a stand in guy with a camera and a tripod would be cool.

DVD of the seminar please

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    PLEASE for the love of GOD have someone film!! I'll happily spend over $40 for a DVD, like I have with all the ST and WS, EFS etc. Ones. I know it can be pain in the ass, but just having a stand in guy with a camera and a tripod would be cool.
    I second this, I would love to buy the DVD and would purchase asap.
    This would be really good for people all around the world, I hope it's possible.

Also I would be happy with just getting the disc (no fancy cover or anything).

I will definitely plan on going once you set a date...
    Current PR's 198 - 220
    Squat - 777 - 771.5
    Bench - 611.7 - 628.2
    Deadlift - 567 - 584
    Total 1929 - 1973

Awesome stuff guys!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Paul and Rob,

First, I think the seminar is an EXCELLENT idea as learning about shirts (all aspects) is not easy. I personally would be very interested in the information.

Second, I agree that you guys should see if you can get someone local to film and edit a DVD which you could sell. I bet you could sell quite a few of them.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Paul and Rob,

First, I think the seminar is an EXCELLENT idea as learning about shirts (all aspects) is not easy. I personally would be very interested in the information.

Second, I agree that you guys should see if you can get someone local to film and edit a DVD which you could sell. I bet you could sell quite a few of them.
    Im buying a copy...
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 775/575/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/415/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

I'll be there fer sure. I'm hoping 'old dogs' can learn new tricks.
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!

I can see it now--Paul will bring every kind of jump stretch band known to mankind, Rob will get pissed and tell Paul to shove the bands up his ass, and then they throw down in Rob's yard. LOL All kidding aside, this will be a great seminar.

Custom User Title
    Hmm, I'd love to go to this. Any idea when in August though? Some of my weekends are already full :-/
    DL 650x1 (raw)
    SQ 479x1 (raw), 700x1(suit+briefs)
    BP 395x1 (raw), 457x1 (single ply)

Current: 6'1, 265; Goal: 6'6, 270

Training log

I don't necessarily agree with dvd's. A lot of people buy them and think they don't need the hands on advice. The best part of a seminar is being able to work hands on with a lifter. Rhodes and I literally manipulate the body positions and equipment of the lifters at seminars. This is what I see done at all of the powerlifting seminars I have attended. I'm sure Rob's and Paul's will be no different.

For those of you who can't get to a seminar, get a hold of a lifter you'd like to present. You can work out a deal with the lifter and a gym to host. Just make sure the lifter can give a seminar. Just because someone knows how to lift does not mean he knows how to coach.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith View Post
    I can see it now--Paul will bring every kind of jump stretch band known to mankind, Rob will get pissed and tell Paul to shove the bands up his ass, and then they throw down in Rob's yard. LOL All kidding aside, this will be a great seminar.

You know this thought had already came to my mind after Paul and I agreed on working together. Outside the gym he is one of my best friends but inside the gym and on the platform we love to hate each other. Seriously we have two diferent aproaches to training that will give lifters a lot more knowledge.

As for the DVD thing I will talk about it with Paul but I tend to agree with Vincent its hard to learn watching TV. As for Seminars This will be the first of many to come if Paul and I don't kill each other. And we come to you if there is enough interest.

I will have a set date later tonight.

I can see I will be carrying the load on this one. Bencher8 was suposed to announce the date and time last night but his attention span isn't much longer then my son who is 4 at times. LOL! I editied the original post with the date and time.

Sunday August 2nd, 2009 @ 10:00 AM.

Please note that August 1st is my birthday so feel free to bring gifts.

bump. Going to be a good chance to see me and Bencher8 go head to head in back yard cage match..............

seminars are the way to go. So much better than a dvd. If any of you can make it you should.
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

OK, my internet company had me down for 3 days, but I am back on now. Sorry about being off Rob, as I can see, I should have done the announcing cause you cant spell for nothing lol...and no I didnt post that on outlaws, but it was funny lol

I thought the idea for a DVD would be a good idea, but after thinking about it, like Vinnie says, you really want the hands on approach. Its just too hard to convey what you want the lifter to do watching a video. Like Rob said we are willing to travel to do more of these seminars, if there is enough interest to make it worth while.

I think Rob and mine training styles are different enough to provide a lot of different approaches to gaining strength. These different approaches will allow the seminar attendees access to a lot of knowledge, more so than in some seminars with only one way to teach or approach training from one lifter. This is what I think sets our seminars apart from some others...
    Sponsored by:
    APT ProWristStraps

Success is usually achieved by always doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability." John Wooden

I think the only thing you guys agree on is hair styles. LOL. Should make for an interesting seminar.
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Just because someone knows how to lift does not mean he knows how to coach.
    Very true!

I don't know much about lifting, but we do lots of seminars for equestrian sports. Having the session on a DVD is a great idea, but the folks that should be getting the DVDs are the ones that attend the seminar. It allows the attendees to reinforce what they learn at the seminar by refreshing their memory with the DVD. Seminars are often sensory overload - there is so much information given in such a short time that things are forgotten. The DVD helps you remember.

$65 per person for this seminar is a freakin' steal. I will not tell you what some of our seminars cost because I don't want give you guys any ideas!

"$65 per person for this seminar is a freakin' steal. I will not tell you what some of our seminars cost because I don't want give you guys any ideas!"

I know what most people charge for seminars. We aren't looking to get rich just enough to make it worth our while. After all I am bringing the thest lift off man in the game to help me run this and he lives in Tn.

Would love to se you guys at Ironsport in Philly. PLENTY of interest there. Im putting it on my my christmas list

http://www.ironsport.com/
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 775/575/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/415/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

Any plans on doing another one? August 2nd doesn't work for me but I'd definitely be up for doing one sometime if you do it again (especially since I have close family in Dixon, so right close).
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Rob and I have talked about doing more of these seminars and we would be up for it if there is enough interest....
    Sponsored by:
    APT ProWristStraps