The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Hardgainer questions

I have a question that some of you may be able to answer. I have always wanted to know if in fact I am considered a hardgainer. I have always believed that I was and I guess I would like to know what are the traits of a hardgainer.

I started working out again about 2 1/2 months ago after a 2 year absence. I am of Asian decent, stand 5' 7". When I first started I weighed only 115lbs. I lift heavy with low reps and train about 4 times a week. I have seen results to my liking but would definitely like more. I now weigh about 131lbs. I eat about 5 times a day (those include protein shakes) and am currently on creatine and glutamine for supplements. I have gained more than I imagined, but I would like to train maybe 5 times a week, that way there will be one bodypart that I will be able to train twice a week. Is this a bad thing being that I believe I am a hardgainer.

The reason why I am puzzled is because there is a trainer in my gym that does not believe that I am a hardgainer, because I have been able to put on the weight that I have in such a short time. What do you guys think. The weight I have put on seems to be muscle mass, because I basically have the same bodyfat pct. (about 5%). Am I a hardgainer? I look forward to hearing from you people and I greatly appreciate your time.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Blue veined member !
    bah...no such thing as a hardgainer, you are obviously an ectomrph and probably have a fast metabolism, so you will find it a little harder to put weight on than the average stocky guy..but with the right training, diet and rest etc. etc. you can pack a hella lot of mass on. Eat, eat ,eat..hehe...did i mention eat?
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

Personly, i understand your predicament. I'm of asian decent too(filipino) when i first started lifting seriously I was about 115 - 120lbs. I've been lifting on and off for the past five years now. Seriously and consistently for the past two. I'm 5'7 and weight 160 pounds now, pretty lean 10% ( could be better). But anyway, I would say just eat alot and train heavy. Ummm... if you want to train 5 days a week i don't see why not, but it might lead to over training. What's your routine like now? maybe i could help you out.
    "Plan for difficulty when it is still easy, do the great when it is still small."
    -Tao Te Ching

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
    -Confucius