The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: red meat

red meat

What is the benefits of eating it(or any meat). Besides the protein?

What are you missing out on,besides protein, by not eating meat ?

Thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

First, why would you not want to eat red meat?

Second, nutrients specific to red meat is what you'd be missing out on.

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

I do eat it.
    I was just curious what other nutrients/benefits there are besides the protein.

There's iron and creatine in there. And a whole lot of deliciousness.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Agreed, its ****ing tasty as hell
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    My biochemistry teacher senior year was all about grass fed beef- lots of minerals, vitamins, and good fats.

Here's a decent article: http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/abs_and_health/153, if you want to go a more scientific route, lots of the things mentioned in the article provide a good base for things to search for.

Banned
    Meat Animal flesh and organs like the liver, kidney, spleen, pancreas and brain contains protein of high biological value, and provide a palatable source of food for many.

There is no basis to the belief that meat is essential in diet. As long as a person takes enough protein to supply the essential amino acids, the nutrition of a vegetarian can be favorably compared with that of a meat eater.

Varieties

Mutton is derived from sheep
    Beef is derived from cow's
    Pork, Ham and bacon are derived from the pig; Pork is pig's meat which has not been processed, Ham is processed meat derived from the thighs of the animal, while bascon is derived from the back and thighs.
    Poultry includes domestic birds like chicken, duck, goose and turkey that are reared for their eggs and flesh. The flesh of poultry is similar to other forms of meat, but is more tender and appetising; the breast, particularly is fleshy and yields tender white meat. The meat of duck and goose contains more fat and is less digestible than that of chicken.
    White and Red Meat White meat is generally more easily digested and more tender than red meat, which is made of coarser fibers and has a higher fat content. For this reason white meat is generally prescribed for ill and convalescent patients.

Digestion and Absorbtion

The digestibility of meat depends on the toughness of its muscle fibers, the amount of fat, and the rate of gastric emptying. The coarser fibers of beaf are more difficult to digest than mutton. Fat delays emptying of stomach

Composition

Meat contains about 20% protein, and variable amount of fat, thiamine, riboflavin, nicotinic acid, phosphorus, sulphur and iron

Banned
    I think red meat is high in B vitamins, zinc, and iron. It also contains some natural creatine. Personally, I find that my body feels rewarded and stronger when I eat a good steak. There's got to be something in it that that says to your body "I am supplying you with awesomeness right now."

ive heard that cows get estrogen shots to make them bigger (bulls get testosterone) unless stated "no growth hormone" on the packaging these same cows end up being the meat we eat (if its steak or something like that) is that wrong?