The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Best 165 benchers? Damian osgood update

I am going back home to visit my family in a few weeks (Maine) and am going to train with my old crew again, including the Bench Press Machine Damian Osgood, which inspired me to start this thread. With a recent sponsorship coming from Titan, and his injuries healing, if he can put it all together again at 165 I wonder if he can give Mazza a run for his money? When asked face to face Joe stated "DAMIAN IS MY BIGGEST THREAT", that is my buddy Joe quoted from a short time back when Damian was in the 165s consistently before a string of injuries and when some of his other threats were in other classes (Schick) etc. His 540 at 162 still ranks high on the all time list. He has done OVER 405 RAW weighing a bit over the limit. He is healing up slowly and surely and mastering the newest of the Titan shirts, once he gets ready to rock and roll I look for some records at 181 AND 165, he can drop weight better than ANYONE I have seen, and that covers ALOT of ground! Damain once locked out 565 at 162 and was called for TOUCHING TOO LOW, with that rule since being amended or at least not called, bottom line he locked it out cleanly so look for that and more, especially with the Titan brand shirts which are much more tailored to his benching style. Who are the other top benchers in this class that you have seen or trained with ? Its unreal to look at how strong these guys are at such low bodyweight! Anyone that has seen a guy like Joe Mazza lift can see a true technician!!

Semper Fi

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Why doesn't he (Damian Osgood) post here anymore? He's a huge inspiration for me and I'd love to see him posting again.

Mazza just hit a new All time world record yesterday at 165 with a 685 press. Damina would be goud for Mazza. Mazza hasn't been pushed in a long time!

didn't brian schwab just hit like the biggest bench at 165 in a meet? at apf seniors? 635 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by barbell01 View Post
    didn't brian schwab just hit like the biggest bench at 165 in a meet? at apf seniors? 635 or something?
    That was in a full power meet. The All Time 165 World Record is held by Joe Mazza @ 685

i just watche dthe video, his spotters almost let him eat one on the 2nd attempt.

The numbers these guys put up blows me away. Very damned humbling...

Schwab hit 622lbs at the APF Seniors and just missed 633lbs on his 4th attempt.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

Kings of the Bench Jamie Mcdougal did like 440 or so at 165 raw, thats nuts

Damian isn't training right now, he's been focused on other aspects of his life. He also has had a few recent injuries that need to heal........
    Sponsored by TITAN

He WILL make a full comeback in due time. He holds many all time Maine State records even still, and is still ranked top of the charts after NOT competing in a while. When I get back in town the training will begin, with he and I training like we used to. Its going to happen, watch it unfold. Some would rather see others NOT succeed.

Semper Fi

what the hell does that mean? I'm still ranked in the the top 20 all time in my weight class and haven't competed in 5 years......I certainly am not against Damian succeeding, I'm the one helping him with what he deems important right now, remodeling his house and getting ready for his girlfriend and her kids moving in.........
    Sponsored by TITAN

Hey Everyone, Its Been a while and Im sorry i havent Posted Ill start posting once im back to lifting heavy Again.

Life has been ruff for about the past 18 months. Tore Chest n Bicep Tendon last April, Dislocated two fingers and had pins put in my hand this past Nov. then come back and tear a small part of my tri.... then when I think im getting my feet back on track I tear my hamstring (in May).... its been a ruff road n thats only the gym part on my life. Personal Life has been hard as well.

As of right now I havent trained in 5 weeks, Im resting my body. My hand still has a lot of problems and my hamstring is still sore. These past 5 week Ive done a ton of landscaping and now Im remodeling my house! Im doing 85% of the work myself with the help of Mike Danforth.

Im not sure whats down the road for me as of now, Im more of a family man with my gf n her 3 kiddos moving in in two weeks. I will be starting back up in the gym this week and taking it slow. I will compete again thats for sure, Might be a full Raw or BBing or maybe Ill go after some more Shirt Bench Records. I still Hold 5 World Bench Records, and have always wanted 10. and its nice to be in the top all-time 20 and would like to move that up to top 3 if not 1!

I would love to give Joe a run for his money, but to do that I would need to diet and be sponsored with titan and a supplement company. Im unemployed right now and times are tuff, so we will have to see what happens down the road.

Rock I look forward to seeing you bro! Thanks for the Bump here on WBB!

Thanks to all you that say im a huge inspiration to them, I keeps me pushing hard! Ill start posting a log here once I get moving some real weight moving!
    Ain't Nothin 2 It But 2 Do It!
    BPM Osgood
    605@178
    www.myspace.com/bpmosgood

Good luck with your house and your new family Damian. Heal up and come back when you are ready. That's the nice thing about weights, they'll still be there when you want them.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Good luck with your house and your new family Damian. Heal up and come back when you are ready. That's the nice thing about weights, they'll still be there when you want them.

Thanks Bro!!
    Ain't Nothin 2 It But 2 Do It!
    BPM Osgood
    605@178
    www.myspace.com/bpmosgood