Would power pants hinder events other than say a squatting event? Or would they help in things like farmers walk, tire flips, etc...
I'm not a strongman pro but I'll give it a shot. Maybe the guru's here will chime in .
Powerpants are to give you tightness in the hips, glutes and quads. They are a help on squats, not a hindrance. They might be an asset on tire flips but they would not be good for anything that required speed and forward motion, like farmers walk.
Again, just a guess on my part.
I would not recommend purchasing the Power Pants but if you already have a pair you can give them a try to see how you like them.
Tom, how about just a pair of PL briefs? Tight in the hips, but no legs on them at all.
I know of one guy who wears them but he also wears warm pants over them. In terms of lower body support equipment I would say that out of the guys who wear lower body supports over 90% of them are using Rehband/Vulkan/other warm pants. The other 10% are wearing compression shorts (Under Armor/Nike/Etc.).
The warm pants can be a bit expensive (the Rehbands are over $50) but they will last you for years and are a good investment.
I'm so out of the loop on strongman that it never even crossed my mind that you guys might wear supportive undergarments. PL1986 got me curious.
do you think they would have any benefit to a car deadlift or trap bar deadlift for reps event?
Powerpants or groove briefs are used like a spring. When you squat down, you push against them like you are loading up a tight spring. You have to fight the briefs to get down without them pushing you of position.
When you shift direction they act as a spring, to drive (spring) you out of the hole.